Question about purging

Naamah D.

First of all, I know I keep making post about my fears for my Neopet. However, nobody in else in my house cares about my love for my LiliAnna so I figured I'd ask you guys. I recently found out about purging. Purging happens when you don't log on for more than a year. It means that your account, items and pets are all removed from the Neopets database, am I right.

So, my mom told me the school I was going to and said that I could come home every weekend and on breaks/holidays. I, personally, have always had trouble trusting my mom. She said this about out of state residential programs

"You might not be able to come home on weekends/breaks because sometimes I won't be able to pick you up..."

The program that I'm most likley going to has a computor with internet connection(at least I hope) I'd be able to take care of LiliAnna every day. If I don't get to log on at an out of state school and can't come home every weekend/break/holiday and don't have computor and internet. I'll have to go through my entire last 3 years of high school(I'm staying until I'm 21) without LiliAnna. And guess what? I'll most likley get purged. I consider purging death for a Neopet, and I don't want LiliAnna to suffer that fate!

My question is....if the worst case sceanario(out of state schooling, without internet or computor, not being able to come home alot for 3 years) was to happen, would I get purged? And if I got purged, could I adopt another Neopet to love and spoil as well as create a new account?

PS sorry this post was so long...I try to explain why before I ask a question, please don't get mad:)

I think TNT takes things into consideration before purging accounts. I have absences over a year, and my account was safe. I had a lot of NP, games played, items in my SDB, shop and gallery. So I believe they take the effort put into an account into consideration. They want to get the accounts where someone created it, created a pet, maybe played a game or two, then never logged in again.

I can't guarantee you'd be safe, but I'd say the more effort put into your account, the better. (Plus, they do send out an email, warning you they'll be purging your account if you don't log in, so you'd have warning.)

And if it did happen, you could start over with a new account and pet.

My question is....if the worst case sceanario(out of state schooling, without internet or computor, not being able to come home alot for 3 years) was to happen, would I get purged? And if I got purged, could I adopt another Neopet to love and spoil as well as create a new account?

PS sorry this post was so long...I try to explain why before I ask a question, please don't get mad:)

From Neopets Terms and Conditions :

8. Inactivity. We work very hard at making the Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds fun and enjoyable for everyone because we want you to stay active. However, if you choose to stop playing on the Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds, we reserve the right to permanently erase your account and everything associated with your account including items or privileges that may have been licensed through the payment of money to us or our licensing partners. Currently, our policy is to terminate any account that has not been active for eighteen months.

Even if you could not log in really often, I would think that you would still be able to get online at least once every 18 months (that's 1.5 year). In that period of time, there would be many long weekends or holidays that you could go back home if there was no computer or internet at your school.

When an account is purged, the name of that account and of the pet(s) that were on it become available again to be created by anyone. If your account was purged, you could create a new account and adopt a new Neopets without a problem.

I hope that helps you :)

I think TNT takes things into consideration before purging accounts. I have absences over a year, and my account was safe. I had a lot of NP, games played, items in my SDB, shop and gallery. So I believe they take the effort put into an account into consideration. They want to get the accounts where someone created it, created a pet, maybe played a game or two, then never logged in again.

I can't guarantee you'd be safe, but I'd say the more effort put into your account, the better. (Plus, they do send out an email, warning you they'll be purging your account if you don't log in, so you'd have warning.)

And if it did happen, you could start over with a new account and pet.

All that worry for nothing! I'm going to put more effort into my account however, like possibly playing more games:)

I was absent from my old account for about 5 years and it was not purged. It had all my items, neopoints, and Neopets intact.

& yes, if TNT were to purge your account for some reason, you would still be able to make a new account with a new Neopet.

I hope everything works out with your schooling situation.

Guest Yoshinho

TNT if they did purge they would purge those inactive for 2-3 years so if you were gone that long, the account might be on thin ice.

I was absent from my old account for about 5 years and it was not purged. It had all my items, neopoints, and Neopets intact.

& yes, if TNT were to purge your account for some reason, you would still be able to make a new account with a new Neopet.

I hope everything works out with your schooling situation.

And you know what? Even if I did get purged it wouldn't be a big deal. When I get out of the possible schooling situation again, have my part time job, learn my social skills, have my disability money coming in, and know how to control my moods I'll be able to take better care of not just one pet like I'm doing right now, and have 20 pets to love and nuture like I did in my previous accounts.

It's not like it didn't love the pets on my previous accounts I'm just not stable and working to hard to find a good school to care for all of them. Even though that would be my best case sceanrio for my future Neopets, it still doesn't mean I can adopt more pets right now and abuse and neglect LiliAnna.

Thanks,

Star

Great news everybody! My mom just told me that no matter what school I go to, they'll allow me to have a computor! In fact, my mom said that she and my dad are buying me a brand new computor for my birthday!

I was a little sad today, and my mom asked me what was wrong. So I told her that I was worried that when I go to my new school I wouldn't be able to see LiliAnna ever again and after 18 months my account would get purged.

My mom said that would never happen because I'll have free time at school and be allowed to take my computor! Even if I log on for just 15 minutes day, it's better than losing LilyAnna. My mom promised me that I'd be able to see LilyAnna as often as I can, if not daily. LilyAnna and I are friends for life.

PS sorry if that post was long. I'm just so relieved that LiliAnna and I will continue our friendship ^_^

I am glad that your problem has worked out OK and I do know how you feel about your neopet I feel as though they are just like my RL pets and need to be taken care of just the same...Good Luck with your new program and please do try to pop back in to see us here at TDN