Ready to give up

- which are best to use stone, fire, icey or water muffin, or are they opponent specific, or is there something else I should be using.

- I was looking at the battle sets, and then when you go and look at the 1 player opponents and what you should use to beat them, the weapons are never the same. So what weapons are you supposed to use?

AND - I need some help with the henchmen. I can't seem to freeze them, and anytime I do freeze them, they freeze me at the same time arggggggggg. I have battled them 19 times now and can't even get close to killing them? Any hints. When looking at tdn battlepedia I have the stats to do it and then some. Any assistance would be appreciated

Agility : 33 (GREAT (33))

Attack Strength : 94 (AMAZING (94))

Defence Strength : 62 (AWESOME (62))

Current hp: 0 / 132

Level : 64

Items I have are....

stone club snowglobe staff greater healing scroll downsize bone scepter golden compass dual battle mirror Ultra Dark Reflectorb stone shield Patched Magic Hat scarab ring purple sticky hand Essence of Esophagor obsidian dagger Warriors Round Shield Randomly Firing Freeze Ray stone muffins water muffin fire muffin lesser healing scroll

suggestions on what to sell, keep, buy or replace/upgrade????? any help with a strategy would be great

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

I could get technical on you, but this link will answer everything you could possibly need to know.

edit

Apparently my answer wasnt good enough. You should probably aim more for, two good weapons ice club stone club bow of the hegelob or better, leaf shield is a must, scarab ring while good isnt that great in 1p unless you know there going to use fire and darkness.

i would suggest keep using the randomly freezing ray, its not that horrible honestly.

I would suggest not using 1 use weapons. If your going to buy it buy it once and smack the ever loving tar out of the enemy till you cant anymore or you win.

shields that i myself use are leaf shield and patched magic hat, leaf shield is a must, patched magic hat is a nice side. get a ghostkershield asap

one use bombs are ok {once per battle} theres many choices but as a general rule bombs imo should out proform your current weapons otherwise you might as well just swing with the weapon instead.

healers the best on the market in low costs is greater healing scroll. which isnt a bad healer at +50hp restored but you might want to get something better asap.

sink and burrow are absolutely 100% nessisary refer to the faerie abilitys guide for that.

/not a battle expert so I may be making some of this up as I go along LOL ;)

Basing off your list of weapons a few of them appear to be rather useless against the Henchmen. Your Bone Scepter, Stone Shield, Obsidian Dagger, and Warriors Round Shield could all be upgraded to something stronger to help protect you... even your greater healing scroll may be worth upgrading if you plan on doing a lot of battling.

It's best to do your own research for an upgrade for each, in my opinion, and searching each on the Battledpedia will help you get a good idea of what to spend your hard earned neopoints on for a replacement.

The Henchmen are a tough, but achievable opponent, and I think you will be able to get there with a little more HP, especially after you perfect your battle set :)

edit: shadaw ninja... but I think it still fits. <3

i just beat them yesterday with my 157 hp, 79 str lab pet. this is simply what i did, so no 100% guarantee, but if you try enough times it should work. (disclaimer: i am definitely NOT an expert at the bd, lol)

first round: prickly potion + hanso charisma charm (the prickly pot really helped, at least for me; you can replace the HCC with any of your 9-iconers), berserk attack

if you're at less than 30 hp by this point, i would just withdraw and start again. the henchmen should be at 85-ish hp.

second round: greater healing scroll (or if you have the extra np, any one-time use full healer e.g. jade elixir) + randomly firing freeze ray

if they're frozen, great. if they're not, withdraw and re-start. if you used a scroll, you should be back to about 50-80 hp (should be above 100 if you used jade elixir)

third round: two stone muffins, berserk attack

they should be at about 20-30 hp now.

fourth round: thick smoke bomb (this was key to winning; a 10k one-use complete defense) + prickly pot/stone muffin, berserk atk

this should do it. hopefully you get your avvie by this point--good luck! :-*

(edited to add: when choosing which 9-iconer, avoid the ones that do physical damage as the MH often use a defense that negates that)