Trading Post Lingo

Bubble_Trumps13

I don't really understand some of the things people mean when they are posting on the trading post. Sometimes in the wishlist I'l see all kinds of things like "none" or "pure" or "auto" or "HTS" or "ETS". Can anyone help me with a quick overview of what all these and any other frequently used lingo on the trading post means?

Also I hear a lot about free trades... How can I find free trades?

None- Either they aren't looking to trade, or don't have a price in mind for the item.

Pure- Neopoints only, no items traded

Auto- If you give them exactly what they are asking for, you automatically get the item

HTS- Hard to sell. This is if an item is very rare but there isn't a market for it, so the item would be hard to sell

ETS- Easy to sell.

As far as free trades, nothing in life is ever free :laughingsmiley: . They are usually set up for people looking to get the packrat avatar, and junk items. Search for cheaper items on the trading post and you'll probably find a few "free" trades.

ETS are basically just "easy to sell" items, e.g., battledome gear, paint brushes, etc. (basically anything that is expected to sell within a few days.)

HTS ("hard to sell") items would be something like non-kad gourmet foods, non-avvie petpets, etc., all of which can be expected to clog up a person's trades for ages.

like jenny mentioned above, none is ambiguous--can mean they don't want to trade, or they are too lazy to put down a price. pure stands for pure neopoints, auto stands for "automatic."

free trades are usually when someone is quitting, clearing out their sdb, or putting up items for packrat avatar seekers.

I'd only clarify that usually ETS means 'only Easy to sell items' and a slightly longer list of these would usually be books, stamps, lab map pieces, codestones, popular battledome equipment, all paint brushes and often neggs etc

HTS is usually in 'no HTS' and covers as youngrace siad anything that not so many people will want. Really expensive items, expensive plushies, a lot of food items, collectable battledome equipment or even general battledome equipment that isn't 'recommended' and any item that you are going to stuggle to get rid of.

I tend to assume none means that they are too lazy to put up a price...and tend to avoid them as I like some kind of guideline.

In addition No reseller means that they are not looking to sell at a cheaper price for you to sell on - they want you to use the item and may check whether you collect before selling.

Hope I've helped. No reseller is the only additional term I can think of.

I remember trying to figure out all the little acronyms as well. :) I'm glad you got the answers.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.