Phone + Lake = ARGH!

Lia Seeya

So I was on a trip over the weekend and I was walking next to a lake, holding my phone and staring out at the calm water. All of a sudden, I lose my footing and fall INTO the lake along with my phone. :| Now, it's acting up and taking pictures at random intervals, the QWERTY keyboard refuses to work properly, and I don't even want to dare plug it into my computer to retrieve my trip pictures.

I've sent it off to get repaired, so now I have to cross my fingers and hope it can still be salvaged. I like taking videos, and that phone has been very decent with videos and photographs. :)

How about YOU? What's the worst phone/gadget-related mishap that you've experienced? :)

*sobs over phone*

I have a good one for you...

A few years ago, I was quite in a hurry to go work... my mom offered to give me a lift so I wouldn't have to take the bus. I rushed outside and put my phone into the pocket of my coat. As I sat down, the phone probably got pushed out of my poket... I closed the door of the car and heard a crack sound. Yep, it was my phone. I broke the display screen... It was sent out for repair but they could not fix it in the end and I had to buy a new phone. I did lose all my contacts in the process...

The same day, I found out that my manager had cut my work hours to a ridiculous amount... so by the end of that week, I had resigned from my job.

At the pool I always kept my phone wrapped up in my shirt, to prevent it from getting soaking wet. I always kept my shirt in a little pool chair too.

One day I asked my friend to hand me the chair. He hurled it at me. My phone snapped in two <_<

I thought he knew I kept my phone in my shirt. I'm almost POSITIVE he knew. I don't know why he did it. :S

Yet, he still blames me. :mellow:

@Xepha: D: I'm so sorry to hear about a broken phone. >_< And losing all your contacts! My phone went through a memory wipe and I lost all of mine too! I was IMing people and Facebooking them for their numbers. XD I'm also sorry about what happened with the manager. DD:

@The Guy With The Hat: I don't spend a lot of time near a pool, so keeping my phone dry isn't really a worry. In retrospect, I shouldn't have wandered out near the lake with my phone. XD Ouch about it snapping in two though! o: Did it hit the ground or something?

Also, I don't think we've met before. I'm Tivsy! Do you have a nickname? c:

@The Guy With The Hat: I don't spend a lot of time near a pool, so keeping my phone dry isn't really a worry. In retrospect, I shouldn't have wandered out near the lake with my phone. XD Ouch about it snapping in two though! o: Did it hit the ground or something?

Also, I don't think we've met before. I'm Tivsy! Do you have a nickname? c:

Yeah, turns out I can't catch a chair :whistle:

Hey! I don't think we have either. I usually go by Doc. Nice to meet you! :laughingsmiley:

My dad dropped his phone into the toilet. He was lucky, as he got a new one from his work :P It was still rather hilarious to see him coming to me, smiling "Iris, is it bad when your phone falls in the toilet?"...

I personally have never had anything bad happen with my phone due to always guarding it well.

Let me start off by saying I'm a HUGE klutz

With one of my older phones, I would always be dropping it here and there, inside and outside. While I had this phone, I was at a get together with a group of friends, and somehow, while playing at the park, I managed to break the screen (some of the pixels were funny colours, and some stopped working all together). Since it was like right in the middle of the screen, I had to get a new phone :P my mom wasn't too impressed with me :P

I just got a brand brand new phone and I'm now trying to be EXTRA careful with it :laughingsmiley:

Dead pixels? I always thought those could be fixed. o.o

Yay for new phones! ^___^

Update: My phone is still being repaired, turns out the keypad is grounded. *crosses fingers and hopes for the best*

Luckily for me, I never experienced dropping my phone in any form of water.

But I have dropped it on concrete which is worse imo.

It's funny about my dad though, I think he lost 4-5 cells to the sea since he works on yachts.

Not to mention he lost a few drills and wrenches too, ahaha.

I've dropped my phone a few times, but no harm has ever come to it. My only issue has ever been with the software, which occasionally decides I don't need to read my texts, but rather to restart my phone. Which sometimes happens four or five times in a row before it fixes itself.

I've never bothered to send it in. Not really that big a deal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yoshinho

This is the best. I was at this place. I accidentally took someone else's phone and they took mine! I went back the next day and we traded them back.

Also once my phone fell in water, I take it but it is unharmed. :D That is pure luck

• 4 weeks later...
My dad dropped his phone into the toilet. He was lucky, as he got a new one from his work :P It was still rather hilarious to see him coming to me, smiling "Iris, is it bad when your phone falls in the toilet?"...

I personally have never had anything bad happen with my phone due to always guarding it well.

That happened to my mom a few years ago XD In the 5 years i've known what phones were, my mom has had like 4 xD I dont have a phone...:(

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.