will i get frozen for this?

Naamah D.

I didn't realize this when I created my side accounts but my main account was on a diffrent e-mail. Therefore I endend up with an extra account. So I froze the side accounts and kept my main. I swicthed some of my side accounts to my main accounts e-mail but froze them anyway. I am so confused.

Wellll...you have a 5-account limit. That much I know for sure.

But it's like, how could they control how many accounts you have if you put them on different emails? They can't really.

But I think you might get in trouble for putting sides on different email addresses.

Wellll...you have a 5-account limit. That much I know for sure.

But it's like, how could they control how many accounts you have if you put them on different emails? They can't really.

But I think you might get in trouble for putting sides on different email addresses.

It was unintentional thought. I really had no clue...

It's perfectly fine if you have sides on different e-mail addresses. I know that 3 of my 5 accounts are on a different e-mail than my main. So long as only 5 are active (any others that might be attached are either frozen or completely dead) you have nothing to worry about.

It's perfectly fine if you have sides on different e-mail addresses. I know that 3 of my 5 accounts are on a different e-mail than my main. So long as only 5 are active (any others that might be attached are either frozen or completely dead) you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks...I've just been through so much with my main account. It's hard for me right now in life.

...reeeeeallly....

Now I'm confused. lol!

Like I said, how can they control your five-account limit if you're putting the accounts on different emails?

Hmmmmm.....it's like the honor system, eh? muhahaha

IP adresses. FAR more reliable than e-mails. It's how we determine if someone has duplicate accounts here as well.

Will they freeze my main account?

I thought my first post here made it obvious but I guess not- No, they won't freeze ANYTHING just because they're on different e-mails. Your accounts are perfectly safe.

IP adresses. FAR more reliable than e-mails. It's how we determine if someone has duplicate accounts here as well.

what!?! how about people who playing n e o p e t s on a internet cafe and other people had login/register in the same computer !?!

sorry for a space between text on some word you know filter on April 1

Didn't want to go into this but whatever:

They don't go "ohmigosh there's more than 5 accounts accessing the site from this IP!". In fact, they're usually not monitored at all unless there's an actual issue going on. For example, if someone is reported for harassment on a side account, they'll use a combination of the IP adress they're on and their activity logs (which I would guess pretty much say "account USER has done THESE DAILIES/MADE THESE POSTS/NMS" and such) to determine if they're the same user and which account is the main.

So in short, they don't sit there and monitor everyone who logs in on the same IP- they're fully aware (and have stated that they're fully aware) of the fact that people in the same family use the same computer, or log in at internet cafes or a friend's house or where ever. But if there is an incident or something drastic happens, IP address (the one most used, mainly) is one of their primary ways of determining what accounts are connected and if someone is actually cheating.

if it's any consolation that filter has caused the staff more trouble than it has the members

About IP addresses, I really don't know. Well, I know of people who share a computer with siblings, and their accounts are fine. Hmmm... and I never thought about the internet cafe thing :eh:

And about freezing your main, it's highly unlikely. If they did find something wrong with your side account(s), they'd probably just freeze the side in question (worst case scenario). To get your main frozen, they'd have to chain freeze you, and they wouldn't do that unless you were doing something seriously wrong. Like earning neopoints on side accounts, or worse even. So no worries there ;).

I'm sure they won't ban you just on the fact they you share an IP but if there is constant interaction between multiple accounts on an IP to do things they put a limit on(wheels, plots, advent calendar, flash game send 3 times etc) I'm sure they might.

I'm pretty sure they really only even notice if you're obviously running shops on all of the accounts linked to one e-mail, constantly sending items to your main from a bunch of other accounts, playing games on all of your accounts and sending them to your main, etc. All of my accounts have a different e-mail in case of CGing, and I've been fine. I even re-discovered an old account and froze a newer one and nothing came of it. ^_^ I think you're fine.

(i know this is a few days old but I've been wondering) I only have 1 other account which is only because when i made it i was really young and i forgot the password and made my current main account, but I digress. I try not to do dailies on my side account, except for the free jelly and omelet, so i only really play games on that account to make money and transfer it over to my main (usually by putting something generally useless in my shop and selling it for however much money the side account made that day) I also give anything i find or win over to my main account (during the daily dare, when we had the habitarium challenge i challenged AAA on my main account and abigail on my side so that i could get the plushie). I didn't really think anything of it but now i wonder if that will get my account frozen. Am i misusing my side account?

(i know this is a few days old but I've been wondering) I only have 1 other account which is only because when i made it i was really young and i forgot the password and made my current main account, but I digress. I try not to do dailies on my side account, except for the free jelly and omelet, so i only really play games on that account to make money and transfer it over to my main (usually by putting something generally useless in my shop and selling it for however much money the side account made that day) I also give anything i find or win over to my main account (during the daily dare, when we had the habitarium challenge i challenged AAA on my main account and abigail on my side so that i could get the plushie). I didn't really think anything of it but now i wonder if that will get my account frozen. Am i misusing my side account?

Yes, very much so.

Only use your side account to store items or pets. Gaining any type of neopoints, through selling items or using dailies, is against the rules.

You should only be making Neopoints on your main account - stop selling items on your side, stop playing games, stop doing dailies etc.

For a more detailed list of what you can and cannot do on side accounts, we have an excellent guide here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts/

Also, a list of what you may get frozen for is located here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/freezing-help/

Thank you for the guides, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that stuff and if i did i would've deactivated my side account a loooong time ago! I'm glad i asked before i got in trouble >.>