Day 3: Faerie Bubbles *Double Dare*

hrtbrk

I seem to remember this for no known reason, with the Double Dares, I seem to remember that once you select Double Dare, you have to complete it in the window the pops up, you can't finish later.

Is this true? Or am I crazy? (I thought I remembered that being difficult last year when one of the Double Dares was Top Chop.)

"Dear Faerie Bubbles,

Not until I met you did I begin to realize how badly I suck. Sure, I had a short meaningless fling with Crisis Courier, but quickly I began to see that I just wasn't as bad as I thought and my hatred of the game was never meant to be. Oh, but you with your misleading shots, bubble outbreaks and tight hold over my points are something totally different ..for a moment I thought I might rage quit, but I'm just not sure I'm ready to go to that level in our relationship. I suppose we'll just have to play it out and see where it goes.

Agonizingly yours,

Banshee"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't seem to get above 300 points in the game. lol...I never was very good at this type of game.....Then watch, tomorrow Zurroball is the new game and I'll have to write a retraction. -_-

Keep practicing. That was about my score before last year's but I kept practicing, and though I haven't gotten the avatar yet, my high score is around 1300.

I beat it today, on my first try. (At least my first try after I challenged AAA through the Double Dare.)

Congrats! :)

I'm still hanging in there..no score improvement but eh; just thought I'd poke a little fun at myself for my (and hopefully other's) amusement. hehe

Edit: *facepalm* Here I am trying to power through it quickly, when I finally realize it's not timed so much as paying attention to how many shots. I'm observant, yes I am.

Edited by Scarlet Fever

bubbles - Turns all bubbles on screen into the same, random, type.

stardust - Turns your current bubble into a Nova.

slumberberry - Moves the bar back to the top.

faerieland - Turns your current bubble into a Rainbow.

I know these codes are in the walkthrough but in case anyone didn't see them or think to look there, I figured I'd repost them there because really if you use these codes, you will definitely get the 1000

Finally beaten the Double Dare, now I'm tired from all of this Faerie Bubbles playing. :sleeping_03anim:

I took 36 tries xD, God, the horror xD, I hate this game :P.

I do hope they will soon give something other than backgrounds... I mean, I have 4 pets, what am I supposed to do with 31 backgrounds? xD

I hardly ever play this game, but on my first try I got about 700, so I don't think this will make me rip my hair out quite like yesterday's did. It doesn't look like today's prize is one I'll be keeping though...just not that into faerie themed customizing.

There is an easy way to get to the score :P

I have been playing it recently since it's a quick 1000np with the following method.

On level one, type bubbles. It will turn all the bubbles into one element on the screen. Then if the bubble in your cannon does not match the one on the screen, type faerieland to get a rainbow bubble. If that does not clear the screen in one shot, click the x in the left corner and restart the game. This way, you will get a 250 bonus points for the level 1. (Total pts for level 1 will be 267 points). That's a quarter of the score you need to beat AAA.

Also, remember that the game is not timed. You should carefully aim your bubbles because if they end up in the wrong place, in some cases it will add to the amount of moves you need to clear the screen, which is not good because it will reduce your bonus points.

There is an easy way to get to the score :P

I have been playing it recently since it's a quick 1000np with the following method.

On level one, type bubbles. It will turn all the bubbles into one element on the screen. Then if the bubble in your cannon does not match the one on the screen, type faerieland to get a rainbow bubble. If that does not clear the screen in one shot, click the x in the left corner and restart the game. This way, you will get a 250 bonus points for the level 1. (Total pts for level 1 will be 267 points). That's a quarter of the score you need to beat AAA.

Also, remember that the game is not timed. You should carefully aim your bubbles because if they end up in the wrong place, in some cases it will add to the amount of moves you need to clear the screen, which is not good because it will reduce your bonus points.

Instead of the level 1 trick, I would suggest this trick on level 8... It finished my score on that level as the scores are high in there...

Thank goodness for TDN Forums! I had to go to work early today so I didn't get a chance to scope out the Daily Dare competition. I've never played Faerie Bubbles, but it sounds like a game I'm familiar with, so beating the score shouldn't be too hard. Plus with these bonus codes it should be a cinch, right?

I just wish the prizes would get better. Let's get some awesome stamps or something! Heh!

Is anyone else having problems sending a score? All the games keep giving me the "problems sending score" bit. I've even restarted my computer and same problem....using IE...never had this problem before but I really want to win the dare-- i know i can!!! arg!! :grrr:

Yeah, I am having this problem, too. So frustrating. I got the AAA score for 4 times now, but unable to send the score. :S

is anyone else having problems submitting their score. I have played about 20 times and have got 1000 3 times and tried to submit my score and I keep getting this error.

Preblems processing your score. For best results, close the pop up window and re-open it to restart yoru game.

I have opened a new window and tried again, no go. Any suggestions

I read on the neoboards that a common solution is to run the game in another resolution (set the game to large... to have it pop out in another window). Not sure if it works though, as I didn't experience the problem myself.

Instead of the level 1 trick, I would suggest this trick on level 8... It finished my score on that level as the scores are high in there...

The bubbles/faerieland trick on level 8 would be awesome, but everytime I use it they all turn into dark bubbles! Talk about bad luck. It is bad luck, right? I'm assuming you got a different type of bubble when you tried it? I'll try it a few more times, but if it keeps doing it I guess I'll save that trick for level 9...