help with carnival of terror avatar?

ohsnapsitsjanet

//subs to thread for tips\\

Good question. Have you tried or noticed any results from clicking the clock in the instructions pages? Apparently that's supposed to release better power ups (but I haven't experienced much difference with that).

My guess is that it's more-so a luck based game, depending on what power-ups fall from the sky. *shrug*

It took me probably a couple weeks of playing for a couple hours, a few days a week. The power ups are random, and I almost always ran out of time or ammo.

And Hrtbrk, I tried that, and never noticed a difference in the power ups.

I just hate that they changed the game. Before they changed it, my high score was over 900.

Something Has Happened!

You are now eligible to use 'Carnival of Terror' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Close Window

:O

I tried clicking the clock in the menu, and that did the trick...

well maybe it's just my luck but I decided to try again for this avatar yesterday, and sent a couple games... and today I got it on my like... 10th try.

I've pretty much given up on this game, I'm useless! 600+ is a really good score, I'm sure you'll get the avatar in no time. Search Google for guides and I'm sure something will pop up that will help you, there are quite a few :)

This is one game av that I've been trying for quite a bit lately. I usually get around 650 before running out of time. I'll have to try that clock "cheat" later today. How people get some of those highscores blows my mind.

I got it on my old account. It took a couple months playing 3 times per day. Sometimes you get good powerups, sometimes you don't. It's like Meerca Chase. Sometimes you get good neggs, sometimes you don't. It's annoying, but makes it really satisfying when you finally get it.

If you regularly get a score of 650, then it's only a matter of time until you get lucky and get some great powerups. It sounds like you are doing everything right. The rest is luck. :)

If you type in 'piecrust' you can refill your ammo. It really helps me but my biggest problem is lack of time. When I run out of time, sometimes I even have half a bar of ammo. I have the avatar, but my normal standard is not even 650 and above, I just got lucky and the screen rained 'clocks' on me, giving me more time in that particular game. And clicking on the clock picture in the instructions does help me!

Wow! Congrats Xepha! Was that the only time you've tried clicking the clock?

Yes it was the only time I tried clicking the clock.

I didn't know about it before that...

And I can tell you, I played that game many many times before. Especially when it was featured as GMC or DD because I was really bad at it.