Guess a number between 1 and 100 *Round 1*

jumpingbeans

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! It seems there was an error in my mission statement, that caused me to assume your name was different from the correct name. Sorry. :*

So, Iona, you feel better now? And you can call me JB.

Turn 6:

X is still right.

640 is too low. The correct number is higher.

Okay, Round 7:

Again, one of the thieves successfully deduced the combination. She tried to distract the others by calling 'Look! The police!'. None of the other thieves fell for it. However, one of the others perked up. "I think that IS the cops! Can't you hear the siren?" The others listened too. The siren was clear as day! They all hassled to get out, not worrying about the safe and the NP. Except Iona, the one who knew the combination. Because she'd brought along a fake siren in her pocket, that she played when she got the right combination. She grinned maliciously at her own mischievousness, and opened the safe with two turns to spare. She then walked smugly out of the house.

Jolene returned later that day, when she saw her house had been broken in again! She wasn't that worried, because she had installed the new, foolproof safe. She confidently walked in, and saw the horror: her new, state-of-the-art safe had been opened, and the 5648 NP she had deposited were gone!

Another police call later, (she grew quite weary of the police), she set off, again, for a new safe. This time, she'd get a good, no-hint safe, and write the number down.

As she returned home, she saw her brother who she hadn't see for years, Maxwell! "Hi Max." she said, in a still-gloomy, yet happy voice. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I heard on the news that a girl named Jolene got robbed. Twice. So, I took a hunch and came here. As you know, I'm a very successful businessman, and I thought you might need a little help financially." He said, waving some NP in the air

"Thanks" she said, trying to grab the NP, but Max snatched it away. "Just one second" he said. "First, you have to guess the number of letters my newlywed wife's name" he began. "You have a wife?" Jolene asked, disbelievingly. Maxwell ignored her. "And then what each letter is. In fairness, I'll tell you whether each letter and number is lower or higher than the actual one. And then I'll tell you about her." "OK." Jolene said, as she started guessing.

Your task: Play as Jolene and first guess the number of letters in Maxwell's wife's name, and then what each letter is. Her wife's name will actually be pronounceable, but isn't common. Also, she has anywhere from 3-15 letters in her name, and each correct guess will give the guesser 1000NP. Good luck.

Edit: If you're sure, livvy. And it took forever to think of another puzzle.

*And by uncommon, I mean a name I invented myself

7 is still too low. The correct number is higher.

Edit: 12 is too high. And we'll be doing the letters in order, once we figure out how many. So it'll be the first letter guesses, the second letter guesses, etc.

Well, this has 9 parts of a round, for 9k total. However, I'll give a bonus if somebody gets 5 mini-rounds correct.

And the first letter is earlier than both m and n.

(BTW, I'll give you a correct pronunciation of the name at the end)