Underwater Fishing

mxpxrocks222

Is it worth it?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Is Underwater Fishing worth doing?

I'm at level 85--but still no avatar. That's really the reason I started fishing...but every so often I'll need a quick recovery from a Battledome incident and a couple of fish will refuel my Neopets!! Instant FREE fix! I've heard rumors of some worthwhile prizes from fishing, but you need to really get your level up before that'll happen...

I think it's worth it, but at earlier levels is just worthless. Besides, you have to get to a really high level to get valuable things, like the Pike pike, the Flask of Rainbow water or the Mysterious Swirly Potion

Yesterday I got to level 30 and got a Bag of broken Neopoints. It's the first time I got something good from fishing in, like, all the time I've benn in Neopets :laughingsmiley: So happy!!!

It does take quite an investment of time before it becomes worth it, but the Mysterious Swirly Potion, Flask of Rainbow Fountain Water, and an avatar are more than worth the minute or so a day it takes to fish with all your pets :D

Besides the avatar, I never received something valuable from the Underwater Fishing. At what level is it possible to get Mysterious Swirly Potion or Flask of Rainbow Fountain Water? It needs a really high level like 1000+? I fish frequently, but the level of my main pet is only 235... :sad01_anim:

I notice i slowly get better things, like i cant remember the last time i got old rotten books, now i get a lot of like..squids and stuff, so maybe as your level goes up your chances of getting better things increases.

i mean sure, why not? you could get good items if you are a high enough level. the only items that arent worth it are the first things you get except for bag of broken neopoints and pant devil attractor. i mean it helps, but by the time you get high enough, you ought to have got the pant devil as a battledome challenger already. i forget to do it as my dailies sometimes, but it doesnt matter. :yes:

I originally voted no. I have the avatar and I get plenty of junk from other dailies, so I haven't been fishing in a long time. Now that I've learned that you can gain some useful things from it, I might change my mind. Besides, that 1 np per day that I get for selling my junk (eventually) could add up...

Anything that's free is worth doing, I think. Even if I get junk, I usually save it and put it up with the jellies and omlettes I don't use for free trades on the TP. Sometimes you get some good offers. And then there's always the chance you could get something awesome or the avatar

You'd think that after 5 years, I'd be somewhere around a fishing level of 300.... But I'm only at level 53. :P

Yet, it is a worthwhile thing to do because 1)It's free, 2)It takes about 10 seconds, and 3)SOME items that are fished up can sell for lots of NP.

Dang, I hit 'no' when I meant yes.

Anyway, it's free, and it takes one second. I only fish with one of my pets. I know I should fish with all of them to increase their levels, so I have a better chance of winning cool stuff, but I never remember. I've gotten a few bags of broken NP, plus the avie. I think I won something worth about 5k, but I don't remember what it was. Also, I think that flask of colored waters thing sells for about 1 million. I know the odds are slim, but so are the odds of winning a PB from the fruit machine/tombola.

Even the garbage is useful, if you have a skeith or a grarrl. I have four pets and when I remember to fish with at least a couple of them, I never have to spend extra nps on my skeith's food. These items are commonly sold in shops for 1np, so thanks to an underabundance of active skeiths and grarrls these items are bulking up Neopia's shops.

I destroy these items when I get the chance, but my Skeith can only eat so much. Also, I don't know if the 'discard' function actually eliminates these items or just donates/rubbishes them.

Just trying to do my part to keep inflation down.

At the beginning, it is not fun but slowly when the fishing level increases, sometimes I get good items. My pet's fishing level is still not that high so I probably cannot fish up good items. I only use a pet to fish cause I'm lazy like that. Oh and I agree that it doesn't take long to fish so why not? I also hope to get the rare items!