PKRS

Secre

I know there are several Pokemon fans here - I have an entire squad of Pokemon lv 17-20 with the letters PKRS on the status.

Does anyone have ANY idea what this means as in many years of playing the games (I got the original red and blue within a week of them coming out in UK) I have NEVER seen this and neither has my brother whose been playing for the same amount of time.

Any ideas?

The pokemon eventually becomes "cured" (but the effects still stay). so while they're still infected, try to spread it to as much of your pokemon as possible. Also, putting your pokemon in storage freezes time for them. So it would be a good idea to save an infected pokemon in your storage so you can infect more when you want.

(btw. Next time you have a pokemon related question you should just post it in the Pokemon topic.)

Cool - thanks! I have now infected about half of my stored Pokemon as well so I can spread it later!

I had never heard of Pokerus...and from the blank look my brothers just given me he hasn't either! Says that no matter how long you've played a game for you never know everything!

So the disease goes after a while but the beneficial effects stay?

Thanks again.

And thanks Luciana - sorry, I hadn't thought of that! I'm just used to posting a new topic for a question in the neopets help section I guess!

wow you're so lucky! The only way I got that virus was by trading for a pokemon online and it was a pain -_-

And yes. The disease will go away but the positive effects remain. If you put your infected pokemon in your PC the virus won't go away until you take it out and spend some time with it

The Pokerus is a virus of sorts that was released in the second generation: what it does is accelerate the EV gains of infected pokemon twice as much. While it's nice to have, all it really does it max out your stat gains faster. It's more useful if you're training a competitive team than if you're just going through story mode, as your EVs tend to be uneven anyway.

I have a whole army of Pokemon with Pokerus back at home.

When I get Pokemon Black/White, my Unova Pokemon can share the Pokerus as well. :)