9 years in neopets, never reached 1million!

aGuyWithoutaClue

The title is misleading but it is true. I had my neopets for 9 years, but only played about 2-3 years(2001-2003) within that time period. I recently got back into neopets about 4 months ago and the only thing I have been doing is dailies. And from doing purely dailies I reached from 0 neopets to 350k in about 4 months. I didnt have anything rare in my account sadly =/

What are the best method of gaining money in neopets? is it investing in stocks, restocking, trading and auctioning? which one or what method takes the least of my time?

I just want one more fire paint brush to finish my collection(to paint my last pet) =x..Back in the days the fire paint brush were only 70k o_O now they are 750k! And my second goal is to get a labray but Im assuming from the rate I am going its going to take years lol.

Reason for not playing neopets games: much too busy playing real graphical games with my gaming rig.

I would say stocks, if you don't have a lot of time. Though it can take a while. But its kind of cool, when you don't use your account for awhile and come back and see that you have hundreds of thousands in stocks lol.

My stocks always go down so I gave up on them. Restocking is the way to go if you're a night user (not as much competition) although there's apparently a high ban rate. Especially if you even legitly restock at the magic shop -_-

I reached my first million in...I guess my 4th year on neopets. Last year. Then everything went uphill from there.

I would say restocking. The spooky shop turns in the greatest profit, I've noticed. I've been restocking there for weeks now and I'm up about 4m since starting. I've only recently moved onto stamps and books.

But good luck! I'm sure you can do it.

And on your gaming rig - play key quest. Lots of people can't handle it well so you can win a bunch, plus getting second isn't so bad either.

I know you said you don't do games but really if you spend just a couple minutes doing the easy games that can score you 3000np in like 45 seconds, you could get a lot of np fast. The games section of the daily has some nice ones with the scores you need. http://www.thedailyneopets.com/dailies/#games

Also 5 key, 2 player games of Key Quest are a nice way to get free stuff and np with every game won. You could even win a paint brush there.

Also, the wheel of mediocrity. I win tons on that and its only 100 np a spin and you almost always at least double that with what you win.

My stocks always go down so I gave up on them. Restocking is the way to go if you're a night user (not as much competition) although there's apparently a high ban rate. Especially if you even legitly restock at the magic shop -_-

I agree with you now about stocks never going up.

Nevertheless I recommend stocks. If you're lucky enough your shares will increase phenomenally and you'll earn nice profit.

^True that. Maths Nightmare in particular is one of the fastest 1000NP games. 3x in 5 minutes = 3000NP/day x 365 days = $$$$$!

Once you get enough too, you start to get insane amounts of interest from the bank. Once there's enough in there, you can make thousands a day simply from collecting interest. It would be super cool if TNT would implement a non-manual interest collection. Like it got added daily to your account automatically without having to click. But I guess it's to ensure people visit the site. hmmm

Hai fellow person-who-wants-millions!

Right now I'm saving up for 13mil, for a draik, so I've been experimenting with various ways to earn Neopoints.

Gaming is obviously the #1 way to earn Neopoints. I go through as many games as I possibly can. I start with my favorites and whip through them, Crisis Courier is an easy 3k per day. Then I go through the Action games and play as many of those. Always try and get as MANY Neopoints from each game as possible. (For example, the Big Time Rush game you can always get 620+ from, so never settle for less than that. Same/similar for Smug Bug Smite).

The Food Club is also decent. There are numerous guides on betting. And I have a club going in general chat about it, too. It's betting, so there's always a risk. But in the past few weeks, maybe a month, I've gotten over 300k profit from using a guide and betting on decent to good days.

Some people suggest the stock market, but I personally don't. Even compared to the food club, there's too much risk (because there aren't really solid odds about how long it'll be before they hit enough value to be worth your few months/weeks.

Restocking is a miracle. I'm not very good at it (I use the SW really fast to see if the item is worth it, but I've missed out on a lot of good stuff that way). While my method isn't the best one, once you do that for a little while, you start to learn a few good items that you always should go for. I suggest RSing books and stamps, but I sometimes RS food as well, along with the occasional natural remedy or whatever from Shenkuu. You can get some really nice profits from stuff, once you've got some experience under your belt.

The main thing I've learned the past few weeks is that you will definitely NOT hit 1mil overnight. I just hit 2mil last night after starting with 800k in early December. I've been making good speed, but it tests my patience. So, just keep your goal in mind and push yourself! :)

I havent been playing as long as you have but I've been playing for a good 6-7 years now.

and I have never reached 1 mil neopoints either!

I'm currently saving up now.. at around 850k :P

I'm just too tempted to spend spend spend!

Is there a guide somewhere to restocking that is particularly good? I've tried reading a few as it's something I'd like to get into, but I'm never sure where is best to try (or indeed what items are worth it!).

I personally think stocks is one of the best ways to go to earn np. I invest 15k a day in 1000 stocks at 15 np apiece. My goal every day is to make 15k that way I am not lowering my bank balance. Although when I can't make the 15k a day I still buy the stocks. Nothing beats a day when you check your stocks and you make 600k all at once by just waiting. Since I don't take money out of the bank for it I personally feel as though it is all profit (which i know it isn't). If you do go into stocks just remember to only buy when they are at 15 np. There is no reason to buy any higher.

The second best thing to do is keyquest. The only problem I have with key quest is that some people if they are losing quit. It is annoying when a game can last 20 minutes. If they quit no one gets anything for their efforts. The second place key still can give you good prizes and all the np earned so I don't understand that logic.

Restocking is a good way to get rich fast. However I personally don't find it very interesting/good use of time to refresh at stores until something stocks. I personally think it is super tedious. However you can make lots of np with a few good items just remember you and a bunch of other people are all fighting for those items. Quick reflexes and good internet connection are a must for this.

Last I would recommend games. They are a great way to earn np (this is how I have earned my 15k for quite some time now). Just find a few games that you find easy and play them three times a day. They don't have to take forever just something that you don't find tedious are always nice. For instance I love suteks tomb but they change the 1,000 np points every month sometimes it takes around 2000 points and somethings around 6,000. I only play it the months around 2,000 because I feel i spend to much time on one game. Just play whatever you think is worth your time and effort.

Just remember the first million is always the hardest. It takes a long time to get that but after it seems to be easier to increase it pretty quickly. Good luck.

EDIT: One thing i forgot to mention is the world challenge. I won a prize that was worth more then a million (halloween paintbrush) but that is a pretty heft time commitment. Another good one for a million is neoquest. I personally can't play that all at once but it is a good thing to start.

I would say stocks, if you don't have a lot of time. Though it can take a while. But its kind of cool, when you don't use your account for awhile and come back and see that you have hundreds of thousands in stocks lol.

I second that. You can make big money and reasonably quickly using stocks - if all goes in your favour. It is quite low risk too.

Is there a guide somewhere to restocking that is particularly good? I've tried reading a few as it's something I'd like to get into, but I'm never sure where is best to try (or indeed what items are worth it!).

I've read a lot of guides, as I'm not very good at restocking. They all say basically the same thing: Have a lot of np on hand, be patient and be quick. I learned I'm not fast enough to restock in most of the main shops. The only one I tend to have luck in is the food store in Neopia Central.

If you have a good internet connection and are a good clicker, you can read up on different items and what they're worth and where they stock and then try your hand at restocking. If you're going to stock from neopets shops, you need to have a good knowledge of the price points for items.

I prefer restocking from user shops. I use my handy Super Shop Wizard. This way, you get a much better idea about what you can resell your item for before you buy it, as it lists the lowest prices from ALL user shops. You also don't need as extensive a knowledge about what things are worth because the prices are right there to compare to.

For example, If at the top of the list, someone is selling a Negg for 1000NP and the person at the end of the list is selling for 1500NP (something I just saw while restocking form the SSW), I bought the Negg for 1000 and resold for 1400. Made a small 400NP profit, I knew I wasn't overpaying for the item to resell, and I knew (from experiences) that neggs are fairly in demand and sell rather quickly at a good price.

This method doesn't require you to sit refreshing for hours on end in shops that may or may not restock (Almost Abandoned Attic, anyone?) however, your profit margin will be slightly smaller due to competitive market prices.

However, you can sometimes snag a real bargain, especially with the SSW. I once searched for Snorkle Snout and the lowest was 600NP when the next lowest was 60,000. Likely a typo, but these things due happen and it's well within the rules to take advantages of these mistakes.

Once you get enough too, you start to get insane amounts of interest from the bank. Once there's enough in there, you can make thousands a day simply from collecting interest. It would be super cool if TNT would implement a non-manual interest collection. Like it got added daily to your account automatically without having to click. But I guess it's to ensure people visit the site. hmmm

I believe that it was that way when I started neopets, and they changed it. I assume you're right about why- you don't want people to be able to get rich just by ignoring their accounts. With as much as I had in my account when I stopped playing 2 years ago, that would've been a LOT of interest by the time I started again.

you don't want people to be able to get rich just by ignoring their accounts.

Even if you could get your interest automatically just by visiting the site, would be cool. Before I found TDN's list of dailies, I used to have to remember to do all of them every day, including collecting interest. I forgot A LOT. lol

I've been on 10 years, and got to a million very quickly. Yet, I spend NP just about as quickly.

The key is stocks. For every stock you buy at 15... it is likely to go up to the 45NP eventually. It's just a matter of time. Currently, I have over a million in stocks that have all gone down. I don't worry though... out of that group of failing stocks, about 1000 shares will jump to 45NP each day.

I don't do food club, but most people who play earn several 100000 NP a month. However, you have to have a lot of money on hand before you can start earning the big $$$.

Restocking is always great... I made much of my money buying codestones on the wizard or auction and selling each 1000NP+.

Certain games are very easy to score 1000NP. Play one game, 3 times a day for a year, and you've got a little over a million.

Hmm, I definitely agree stocks are great...and yeah, they don't go up every day, but if you're like me and not a big fan of doing shop wizard checks for more then a few minutes, it's fairly nice.

Put money in the bank and don't touch it. I make myself put everything above 30,000 at the beginning of the day in the bank, then do my dailies, including stock buying. And if I have a good day, if it's more then 100,000, it all goes in the bank. I might pull some out for half price day, but that's it. And upgrade your account when possible. That way, even if you take money out, it stays the same interest rate.

Don't be afraid of randomness. I get far more neopoints from random events then I get stuff taken away, and I've gotten some really nice stuff(Lab Map, three paintbrushes, mootix and other petpetpets...that sort of thing) The card games are good for that if you like them anyway. Wheel of Mediocrity is worth it, not so sure about Wheel of excitement anymore( Even with the healing springs up for the Disease, the expense isn't matched by the prizes, I'm mainly even so far) Coconut Shy is great. For less then 2000 a day, you get a chance to win 20,000 and an item that can be 45kup. And you may even turn a profit on days if you don't win, I usually only wind up "losing" 200 nps a day and win fully every couple of months.

Games are the biggy - if you earn and bank 33k a day you'll have 1million in about a month. It's just having the will power not to spend it!

Doing the dailies is a big thing - you may lose np sometimes but then you can get epic prizes occasionally that more than make up for it.

I tend to lose np on the stocks so one I got the SELL! SELL! SELL! avatar I gave up and am only selling them when they are in the profit.

Restocking on Half Price Day is also a nice way to bring in some extra - I've found books are the safest bet.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the best method of gaining money in neopets? is it investing in stocks, restocking, trading and auctioning? which one or what method takes the least of my time?

I know restocking was pretty popular for me back in the day(4 years ago) because I made a mall account as well.

Trading is good if you can find cheap items to trade for more.