Adblock

Secre

I am about to kill my computer.

Quick background:

Me and my brother are sharing a laptop charger, his laptop needs repairs, the repair shop needs the charger. I can't live without a computer so am using a ten year old desktop.

Problem:

I have installed Firefox on the computer and Ad Block Plus. But Fanboy's English list fails to download and the EasyList doesn't block any of the advertisements on neopets. This includes the ad at the begining of the games, which thecomputer is failing to show and therefore I cannot get to the games.

Edit:

It now appears to be blocking ads but I still can't get past the grey screen which is showing instead of the games.

Does anyone have any idea? Please? Before I throw the computer out the window. It's a large computer and will make a massive hole in the window and my Dad will never forgive me!

I sometimes have problems with Adblock blocking me out of games. I usually just refresh, because sometimes Neopets gives you the option to "Skip this ad" or it goes straight to the game. I'm not sure if that will help you since I didn't completely follow your problem and I use Chrome instead of Firefox, but it's a suggestion. Good luck!

I had that problem when I was using firefox, I'd get a grey screen, but sometimes it would spontaneously work after a minute or so, so you could try waiting. That's why I switched to Chrome, I don't have that problem anymore. Sometimes it doesn't let me in straight away, so I refresh the page and then it usually works. Good luck :)

This seems like a filter problem. You should wipe all your Adblock Plus filters and set up new ones by following the guide Will linked to (in the previous post). If that doesn't work, I can help to tweak your filters so it will, and update our filter list with the relevant changes, fixing the problem for all users of our guide on both Firefox and Chrome. ;)