Neopets Games : A Hypothetical Debate

Angeló

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have Lots Of Game Trophies / Avatars ?

• Yes
    • No
    • So-So (In Between)

I believe it should be fine despite TnT's stance on it. An avatar going to someone is not going to break the game.

I know it would be a rare instance, but what if the player in question was in the avatar collector's top list? Say you and I had the same amount of avatars, and I had someone play a game that I was bad at just so I could get another avatar. It could potentially bump you into a silver or bronze trophy, instead of getting you the one you deserve.

I'm not saying it would break the game, but it does take some of the fun out of it.

Personally, I'm in love with the Math's Nightmare avatar. I think it's the prettiest one. But I am only decent at the game. As many guides as I've read, I've never been able to get on the top list to receive the avatar. But I'm not going to ask someone else to play it for me, because like Emu_ said, it's just cheating. Why would I want a trophy/avie that really belongs to Usain Bolt?

If you were playing Monopoly in real life and were starting to lose, would you call in a friend to take over for you?

but what if the player in question was in the avatar collector's top list? It could potentially bump you into a silver or bronze trophy

You can get the Trophy the next month ??

Personally, the games I'm bad at .. like Maths Nightmare .. I don't even attempt .. I don't need any more heartache lol

honestly, not to be mean or anything. but its your account for a reason. you should play games for you and only you. ill admit on an old account i had my younger brother (how sad) play a game for me for an avvie. yet just this year (on my new account) i played the same game and finally got good enough to get the avvie myself. so yeah i guess i was in the wrong how many years ago but it shouldnt be done. we have rules and such for a reason and if you cant get something yourself, then you dont deserve the avvie or trophy. keep playing and keep at it and youll get it eventually :)

In all honesty, TnT's rule is only you should be on your account. So they pretty much have all right to act as needed based on their suspicions. It's not really fair in some cases but it's their rules so they get to judge how they please. I suppose it's just one of the unfair things in the world. You play someones game, you follow their rules/judgement.

Honestly, if someone played a game for me and won an avatar for me, I would not feel good about having that avatar. I'm proud of all my avatars because I earned them all myself, and it is so satisfying when you earn a game avatar that you had been having such a huge problem with. It is unfair to have someone else play your game. Sure, it happens, and you might not get caught, and that's fine. Kind of like real laws, like speeding. But when it happens all the time, freezing is definitely a good thing.

Man I remember all that trouble happening ages ago, it was crazy.

I personally don't see an issue if you were to help out your siblings or friends to get a high score or an avatar and obviously you wouldn't be doing it over and over for the same game because once you have a (gold) trophy or an avatar you can't get another one.

In the end, it is a game so reallyyyyy you're only getting "pretend" trophies/points/avatars etc etc so I don't see what the big deal is if something like you mentioned before happens, you get all your friends together and each person plays a game for everyone else to get high scores or avatars. I guess it becomes a problem if it happens every month or it starts to affect the other people who play neopets if the same people are constantly at the top of scoreboards and nobody else can get the top trophies.

Honestly, if someone played a game for me and won an avatar for me, I would not feel good about having that avatar. I'm proud of all my avatars because I earned them all myself, and it is so satisfying when you earn a game avatar that you had been having such a huge problem with. It is unfair to have someone else play your game. Sure, it happens, and you might not get caught, and that's fine. Kind of like real laws, like speeding. But when it happens all the time, freezing is definitely a good thing.

Same, if someone played the game for me I would feel like I didn't deserve the avatar.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not good at games. And I couldn't care less for trophies and avatars and I think some people are obssesed with them and it goes so far, that they are ready to pay real life money for that certain avatar or trophie.

I don't have many avatars nor trophies, but I earned them myself and I am proud of them (even though I REALLY don't care). It wouldn't be the same if someone else would win it for me.

Some people should just drag a line and stick to it.

I don't like the idea of getting avatar/trouphies for other people, whatever their relationship is. In my opinion, if you can't get it on your own, you don't deserve it. I am struggling for the math nightmare avatar for half a year now, and I never think about asking for anyone help.

I think some of the cheating goes back to general morals/ethics that most children aren't taught anymore and some adults have tossed out the window. It's a now now now society and people don't want to earn things. They want parents, siblings, friends to give it to them. They want donations to their shops and beg for baby paint brushes, they get upset when you don't accept their junk bids. I earned what I have. It's a sense of accomplishment, those silly pixels, when real life can be such a pain.

Good luck on those Maths Nightmare avs. I was shocked when I made the top 50 list. I refreshed that stupid list for hours watching my name tick slowly down.

In all honesty, if you really have the dedication to getting a trophy in a certain flash game, with enough practice, you could probably manage to get the trophy in that game on the first of some month if you try enough times. Especially with a lot of the older games that don't have too many people playing them anymore, it's really not that hard to get a bronze trophy, and with a lot of practice (or if the game is really unpopular) you can without too much difficulty upgrade your trophy further. And I think it's even easier for avatars, where there's a fixed score that you have to attain. With that said, I don't actually have all the game avatars or anything, but I feel like if I spent a good amount of time on any one of them, I'd get it eventually. Just play for yourself, and when you do eventually succeed, you'll feel that much better about your accomplishments.

I voted Yes, and I'm one of the three at this point. I got my 41st trophy this month, simply with a lot of practice (and I've gotten all the relatively easy non-competitive trophies too).

In my opinion, I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to have the number of trophies that some people have.

Sure, someone might be good at games... But ALL games? We all have our specialties, but games really vary. Some are logic games, some are arcade, some action, some luck. But for one person to have all of those trophies seems close to impossible. ESPECIALLY when their accounts are only around a year old or so.

Anyways, I don't think it's right to play on other people's accounts or let other people play on yours for an avatar or high score.

I think TNT judges the number of people getting a certain score before releasing things like Better Than You contests,

so with an increased number of people getting a higher score, the requirements are raised, and it makes it difficult for us legit players.

• 1 month later...

I don't think playing for a friend here and there should be an issue, [removed], I'd play for a friend if they were stuck.

BUT If moneys changing hands or it's constant, then there in is the issue!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old. Also, please do not use curse words in your posts.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.