What was the worst thing in 2010 for you?

Guest Yoshinho

This will sound really ridiculous, but probably when Meridell did not make it into the top tier in ACV.... :P

Sorry if it sounds super-nerdy, but that was seriously the only bad thing that happened to me. Here's to hoping 2011 is even better! :D

My earth-shattering fall into depression which resulted from several things that occured during high school, from 2009, and over the summer. So many things happened that if I listed them it would be longer than the bible.

Also note that I have yet to get my medication. My father can't find it anywhere.

That my boyfriend got scammed of $15k and suffered from depression afterwards. Now in 2011, everything is restored, but 2010 was a hell of a year for us.

That happened in january, it took 1 full year to restore from the scam. Gees.

Hm, well, this was a really great year tbh. I mean, I had the best summer of my life in 2010 and most day since then have been pretty good.

The worst thing that happened was probably my grandma dying towards the end of the summer.

Oh and, LD beating DC in the playoffs sucked too.

Worst thing? Hmm ... writer's block. It was absolutely horrendous - any fanfics I tried to write suffered quite badly, all because of this stupid block. Luckily it went away around December time, and now I'm getting back on track with the current fic I'm writing.

Hm, well, this was a really great year tbh. I mean, I had the best summer of my life in 2010 and most day since then have been pretty good.

The worst thing that happened was probably my grandma dying towards the end of the summer.

I find this strange.

2009 was a terrible year, but it was one of the best summers I've ever had. My mother died just one day before summer began. You had the best summer of your life and your grandmother died towards the end.

Sorry for your loss.

And this summer was the worst of my life.

Thinking about the bad stuff in the previous year is kind of depressing. I think we should think about the good stuff! Or maybe I'm just saying that because I can't really think of anything that bad that happened last year. I'll take that as a win!

I'm sorry to everyone else who didn't have a good year. Here's hoping 2011 will be better for you guys!

The worst thing in 2010 for me was that starting in September, my medical condition (ME/CFS) was the worst I can remember in the 7-8 years I've had it. I eventually had to drop the programming class I was taking at school. November & December were spent at home most of the time, leaving the house only a few times, mostly for doctor's appointments. Constantly being in severe pain is not fun. x_x

Hopefully I'll be able to find a medicine that will help make a semi normal life possible this year.

MUSIC. Only two good albums came out (MGMT's Congratulations and My Chemical Romance's Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys). C'mon, we can't pretend that the Selena Gomez album or the Sonny With A Chance compilation had any musical substanence.

I couldn't walk properly for the last two months of 2010. Needed crutches and physical therapy.

Woah! What happened?

MUSIC. Only two good albums came out (MGMT's Congratulations and My Chemical Romance's Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys). C'mon, we can't pretend that the Selena Gomez album or the Sonny With A Chance compilation had any musical substanence.

The only good albums I can think of that came out this year:

A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park

Asylum by Disturbed

Hurley by Weezer

Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold

Only 4 good albums, and hundreds came out this year. That's sad.

^ Hmm no way. There were plenty of great albums released in 2010.

I feel like I still can't fully appreciate music (Only really started to get into music last year and I know I missed a ton of great albums), but I really enjoyed

Janelle Monáe- The ArchAndroid

Vampire Weekend- Contra

Broken Bells- Broken Bells

Flying Lotus- Cosmogramma

Circa Survive- Blue Sky Noise

Gorillaz- Plastic Beach

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Holy F*** - Latin

Tame Impala- Innerspeaker

Maybe try giving them a listen, both of you.

2010 was the best year of my life so I can't really (and don't really want) to complain about anything. Sorry.

edit: woops new page. This post is referring to the last 2 posts on page one.

I feel like I still can't fully appreciate music (Only really started to get into music last year and I know I missed a ton of great albums), but I really enjoyed

Maybe that it's just because of the kind of music I listen to. And the radio only plays the same music every time. You know, Pink, Ke$ha, Bieber. It gets sickening, and they never play anything else. And yes, I know about Pandora and such. I just keep forgetting to check into it.

I'll give Gorillaz and Kanye a listen, mostly because I've been impressed with some of their past works.

Woah! What happened?

The only good albums I can think of that came out this year:

A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park

Asylum by Disturbed

Hurley by Weezer

Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold

Only 4 good albums, and hundreds came out this year. That's sad.

Hurley-YES. Although I haven't had the time to listen to too much of it yet.

Janelle Monáe- The ArchAndroid

Vampire Weekend- Contra

Broken Bells- Broken Bells

Flying Lotus- Cosmogramma

Circa Survive- Blue Sky Noise

Gorillaz- Plastic Beach

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Holy F*** - Latin

Tame Impala- Innerspeaker

Maybe try giving them a listen, both of you.

2010 was the best year of my life so I can't really (and don't really want) to complain about anything. Sorry.

edit: woops new page. This post is referring to the last 2 posts on page one.

OOOH! I forgot about Contra. It was a'ight. Not one of my all-time favourites, but it made for a good phase.

I like James Mercer in The Shins a LOT more than Broken Bells, but that's just my opinion as a Shins fangirl.

Hmmm...

2010 has been an odd year for it's ups and downs. At some points I've been flying on air, but the year has made up for them in the points that I crashed to earth with one heck of a thump...and then went as low as low can go.

The direct lowest events in 2010 would probably be:

- a suicide in the close family - friend as well as family

- my foster grandad (closer than real family!) having a stroke and going from an absolute genius to something resembling marshmellow. I don't mean that offensively, it's just that he really was a medical genius before.

- being unemployed for the latter part of the year

There are a couple of other things which aren't suitable for mention here!

To give credit though, the year has had it's highs as well...it's just depends on the day as to whether they balance the lows!