My first lookup

Annie

So I made my first lookup this week (took me way too many hours than it should have), care to give some feedback? I'm still open to suggestions and edits.

I really like trophies, so I'm thinking of entering it into the User Lookup Spotlight. Do you guys think I will have a chance, and if so, is there anything I should know before submitting?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the username. It's the listed one on TDN, anything_random. Here's a link too: anything_random

I was looking at your lookup earlier today. I love it. It's really beautifully done.

My favorite thing, beside all the Shoyrus (I love Shoyrus), is the icons on the navigation bar.

I think you stand a great chance.

Wow thanks! I feel so accomplished now :graduated:

I love shoyrus too! My shop is named I *heart* Shoyrus.... The original image for the header had an orange shoyru where the Maraquan one is now, I replaced it, I hope that's okay. I would have gotten rid of the red Shoyru too, but I got so tired of looking at this design after hours and hours, so I left it in. It was supposed to be a collections of all the Shoyrus I wanted.

Anyway, which category would I enter it in? It's pretty much dedicated to Shoyrus, but only because I like them. Would it be more appropriate for Neopian holidays (Shoyru Day) or the general Neopets category?

I think it's a really cute layout! But I feel like the colors don't really go well...

you should try focusing your color palette around the main image of the shoyrus and use the eyedropper to get exact colors.

I think it might look nicer, but that's just my opinion!

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually didn't plan on a color palette when I started it, and I guess it shows in the final product. Somewhere along the way I decided that the theme was going to be two shades of blue and purple. Changing the theme would mean modifying pretty much everything, and since I've already spent more time than I ever wanted on this lookup, I don't think I'm ready for such an extreme overhaul. I just started a second one though, and I will keep that in mind when I pick the palette this time :)

• 3 weeks later...

That is gorgeous! I like the way you've got the pictures with the drop down menus!

Personally I think the colours work very well as they're all light pastel colours. It's just very cute!

I really hope you do well in the spotlight - you deserve too! If you don't just enter again next month...repeatedly. It might just have been that there was too high a competition rate this month.

WOW! This is amazing! Your 1st one? I don't believe you :)

I like the colors and all the images you used, and the cloud background looks really good with everything!

Hmm...for some reason none of your information (stats, pets, etc.) is showing up though, it's just your main image and then the extra stuff you added (side account, etc.). Weird.

I'm pretty sure there are cross-browser issues. I don't have a lot of experience with CSS, and I really have no idea how to fix the layout for IE (this was done in Chrome, although I'm sure there will be issues for firefox too). I'll make sure to check all browsers next time >_>

Thanks for the comments!

Wow. Awesome. I love shoyrus as well, and I think that you'll do great in the UL Spotlight or whatever it is called. :D I wish I had CSS skills like that. I'm having enough trouble coding my own lookup and it's just editing a premade code. lol. Good Luck! :P