Price check?

ChaoticFission

hey guys. i've restocked a grey yurble morphing potion a few weeks ago, but nobody seems to be interested. at the time, i couldn't find any prices on the tp or the auctions, so i referred to JN's db. the price there is 4mil.

today, some guy wanted to offer me 900k for it. so how can i find out the actual price?

thanks in advance

hey guys. i've restocked a grey yurble morphing potion a few weeks ago, but nobody seems to be interested. at the time, i couldn't find any prices on the tp or the auctions, so i referred to JN's db. the price there is 4mil.

today, some guy wanted to offer me 900k for it. so how can i find out the actual price?

thanks in advance

I searched the trades with "Grey Yurble Morphing Potion" and saw lowest asking price to be 1.3 mil. I also saw one asking for 3.5 mil too though... I imagine you should use 1.3 mil as a base maybe then?

Just my idea, might wait for other people's responses cause I usually go for the quickest cheapest price when selling things.

I searched the trades with "Grey Yurble Morphing Potion" and saw lowest asking price to be 1.3 mil. I also saw one asking for 3.5 mil too though... I imagine you should use 1.3 mil as a base maybe then?

Just my idea, might wait for other people's responses cause I usually go for the quickest cheapest price when selling things.

well, the 3.5 that you saw was most likely mine. thanks for looking into it though

900k is a reseller (RS) price .. but it's on the high-end RS prices ... some people would offer 700 or 800k ... I wouldn't accept it if I were you .. unless I was desperate .. keep asking for 1Mil+ ... I hope you succeed in selling it soon :woot:

thanks. i actually wanted to post the conversation we had, but forgot. he started being a bit obnoxious, so i thought it was pretty funny. so here it is now:

him: 920k for Grey Yurble Morphing Potion

me: when i said negotiable, i didn't mean 1/3 of the listed price...

him: Then say not so negotiable. That's the price mps goes when you're selling to a reseller. You should not be offended.

me: right. well, if underbidding by 2/3 is your idea of a negotiation, you're clearly doing it wrong smiley.gif here, let me start you in the right direction: 3.4M

him: Grey techo is 2.75m. You know what? They stand around 900k-1.2m. This is near a 2/3 offer. But it's the way it goes. I got told by a reseller person who wrote a guide about resellers. She told me to buy your mp for 650k because it was "Yurble" grey mp. Don't act like I was doing wrong. Cause YOU're doing wrong. You'll never sell a mp for full price. Never ever. Even not your grey yurble. Even not if the buyer isn't a reseller. Never, ever. Understand that? Trust me lol. Yes you can get higher offers than mine but do not expect 3.4m lol. You'll stand with this mp for ever in your account.

me: i think i'll take my chances, given that there are no other grey yurble mps out there and that it's an avatar-giving mp. say hello to your reseller friend for me smiley.gif

i thought that the "never ever" part was awesome. i almost fell off my chair reading that.

but anyway, i guess i'll drop my price to around 2M. what do you guys think?

Morphing potions are really a world of demand vs offer. They are hard to sell for a decent price... Yes 900k was ridiculous for your item, and if you were offer that much by a reseller, it means the value of the item is over 1M because they wouldn't bother to make just 100k profit :P 2M seems fair to me, considering a Grey Paint Brush is 4.5M, so that's interesting if you really want to paint your pet Grey :)

Thanks for the input xepha, I appreciate it.

So, as far as resellers go, seems like they prey on fools as a means to make a quick buck and try to make it seem like they are doing nothing wrong when confronted. In order to avoid similar future encounters, I added a "serious offers only" clause to my post :laughingsmiley:

Thanks for all your help guys

Think of resellers as pawn shops... they buy them for cheap, quickly, and resell later for a greater profit, but often the items are hard to sell and take a while to get a good price.

I agree with the $2 mil sounding like a good price point.

Think of resellers as pawn shops... they buy them for cheap, quickly, and resell later for a greater profit, but often the items are hard to sell and take a while to get a good price.

I agree with the $2 mil sounding like a good price point.

This!!!!

It's clearly worth more than 900k because he wants it SO badly for the profit. At least he picked the wrong person to try and strong arm :D