Advice for the BD?

Roxi

Do you mean when you first create a pet? Or are you asking about what to train first? TDN's battlepedia has some good articles right here. In general what you should do is train up your strength, defense, and health to twice your level then increase your level. That link I provided has an article about strength and defense boost which I highly recommend you read. It explains how much damage you can deal/defend depending on your strength/defense level.

I mean strictly in the battledome. Yes, my hissi is level 21 right now. I've done a lot of training with him, but I'm not sure how hard of an opponent I can fight or what weapons would be good for him. I've browsed through the battlepedia, but I'll give it a more extensive look through. Thanks.

Oh... oops. Well I'm no expert battledomer, but I've found that my xweetok tends to be able to handle opponents that have about the same level of health or lower. I don't fight other pets, only the basic battledome challengers. My best advice would be to start at the lowest opponent and see how high you can go before you lose. That's what I did.

I mean strictly in the battledome. Yes, my hissi is level 21 right now. I've done a lot of training with him, but I'm not sure how hard of an opponent I can fight or what weapons would be good for him. I've browsed through the battlepedia, but I'll give it a more extensive look through. Thanks.

Strictly speaking your Hissi is pretty weak as far as the battledome goes. You need to raise both your strength and defense. Since i am not sure exactly what you want done in the battledome I can't overly help you with which opponents. If you are trying for avatars I would consider using the guides here. It is just a link to some useful guides TDN has. read though the one on strength and defense, basic weapons, and the training guide. Since your pet is over level 21 it will be pretty expensive to even him out. Good luck with the battling.

It depends on what you're looking for and what price you are willing to pay.

My BD pet is LV 41,

HP: 80

Attack: 76

Defence: 60

And I'm not training him further til I can decrease his level by one.

But overall he is a mediocre BD pet. He's not bad but I can't get anywhere near the higher levels with him.

I don't know if that gives you an idea of what is needed but it;s the best I can do!

Currently your pet is too weak. At least if you could raise the Health Points of your pet, you can still do something but you will need about 100-150 Health Points. For weak pets, the only weapons which can make you win against tougher opponents are the Prickly/Voidberry Potions.

Unlike most attackers, Prickly/Voidberry Potions don't use your pet's strength boost, but your opponent's one! Against an Annihilator and a Tormentor, a pet with 110 Health Points can win (well it will require some luck, i.e. some turns they don't use weapons, only using fierce/berserk attack). So I would say Health Points come first. Then if you want a balanced pet (i.e. stats raised evenly), training levels come second. Strength is the next one after raising level.

Your pet is level 21 right now. It means that you can raise your Health Points to 63 before raising your pet's level. Since you leveled up his Health Points to 63, you need then to raise your pet's level to 32. Then you train Strength up to 64. And you start over again and again (i.e. next step, raise your Health Points to 96, raise your pet's level up to 48, then your strength till 96 and so on)

Defense is useful if you're using Shields or defensive items. Since your pet is weak at the beginning, Prickly/Voidberry Potions are helpful and doesn't use your strength or defense boost. Either you use neggs to increase your defense or you can level up together with strength if you want. It is up to you.

Agility is useful for a couple of Battledome items (e.g. Heavy Robe of Thievery, a 100% stealer, requires 68 Intelligence points and 201 Agility points) so often Battledomers are leveling Agility up to 201 and then stop.

Thanks for the help you guys! Ya'll have really helped me understand the battledome a bit better. I am currently training up the defense and strenth of my hissi. Once I get it trained up enough I'll start leveling him again. Maybe once the second round of leveling is finished I can get him into some real battles! I'm trying to do the Defenders of Neopia thing because I've been on Neopets for years and I just haven't done it.

Typically, hit points are -always- good. The only thing you have to keep in mind when training up your hit points is that they will go to 3x your level. (If your level 5 your hit points can train to 15.) However, the other stats can only be 2x your level (so strength would only train to 10 if your level 5), and if your hit points are 15 you will have to train your level to half that to get your strength/defense/movement to train any further.

My current BD Pet:

Level: 56

Strength: 55

Defense: 55

Movement: 42

Intelligence: 564

Hit points: 150.

I cant continue training anymore with my other stats until my level is 75 because I trained my HP up so high for the plot.

Gear is also a HUGE factor in battledome. Your pet can have awsome stats, but if you dont have the right gear/abilities then you are at a disadvantage.

Yup, it's definitely a good idea to have a planned set instead of random weapons you've thrown together.

You can use this to help with creating a set:

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

As the article says, a set contains two constants (multiple-use items), a blocker, a bomb, a freezer, and a healer. That's six items, so you can have two more that you can pick at your own discretion. Personally, I found that when I was first starting out a few 15-icon muffins were helpful, such as the Shooting Star Muffin and the Radioactive Muffin.

But I would focus on maxing out your levels for Strength, Defense, and Hp before leveling up, otherwise it'll be more expensive to get those up. Ignore Movement - that won't actually help you unless you get it very high, but I don't think that's an investment worth making.

A good way to train is to use the lab ray, but I'm going to warn you, your pet will tend to be very unbalanced, with a high Hp, medium strength, and low defense. Use the lab ray to get it started, then start training with codestones or dubloons, depending on your level.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

I strongly recommend reading this. It will answer a lot of your questions, and it will tell you a whole bunch of useful information you probably didn't know to ask. ;)

I dont really train my pet, I used the lab ray for a while, so my level is really low (and consequently so is my Def) but its not a bad way to go. I bought it years ago for 100k or so, but then went on a haitus for a few years. But my HSD is 510, and i dont spend money on training, so thats an option too. (you will have to spend extra money on retraining level though, because the lab does nothing for level usually)