Where I've been...

CAV of Gang Green

If it hasn't been noticed, I haven't been so active on TDN lately. This is for the following reasons:

1. I'm a part of several other forums, and I do my best to juggle TDN along with the others all at once, since I'm a multitasker.

2. My computer is ridiculously slow. I gotta defrag it soon.

3. Real life issues.

4. Siggy making.

This is what I've done during the last 2 weeks:

fallout3_wallpaper001.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-2-ps3-wallpaper-1920x1080-670x360.jpg

star20wars20the20force20unleashed2021_1080p.jpg

Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_Wallpaper_by_Toxigyn.jpg

Skate3.jpg

Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Wallpaper_by_igotgame1075.jpg

532_1705.jpg

burnout-paradise-boxart-wallpaper-big.jpg

new_reach_wallpaper_noble_team.jpg

halo-reach.jpg

Gears2_wp2_1280.jpg

cod-blackops-1.jpg

1280x1024_sittingbull.jpg

What do you all think? Which is your favorite?

Please note that I will be using ALL of them in the near future.

Gears2_wp2_1280.jpg

^this one is my favorite. I'd say... just because it works well. The text is well placed and doesn't distract from looking at the picture.

Which application do you use to make your signatures?

Gears2_wp2_1280.jpg

^this one is my favorite. I'd say... just because it works well. The text is well placed and doesn't distract from looking at the picture.

Which application do you use to make your signatures?

I was actually trying to figure out where to put the text. I tried all 4 corners, and figured that it was best placed there.

A good sig maker never reveals his program. ;)

I love the Mario one! You do a great job.

I have no idea who you are, but I hope your problems settle down. I'm sure TDN missed you!! :)

The Force Unleashed ones are super cool! I can't wait till I get the game for my Wii.

All your sigs are great!

You've cropped the images nicely and for the most part, placed decent text down. Maybe try adding some colored text or even text effects? There's awesome tutorials out there to amp up your skills! :)

I know how to use them. I tried colored text AND text designs, but in the end they would clash with the main image and would make the signature look ugly overall.

So that option was out of the question.

I think they're all pretty good, but I hate big signatures. I would like them all better if they were half the height.

I think they're all pretty good, but I hate big signatures. I would like them all better if they were half the height.

I don't like it when they're so short, and extremely long. The rules are for them to be a maximum of 500x250. I take that rule to the fullest extent, and all of my signatures are that size, if not very close to it.

So which one should I use for now?

fallout3_wallpaper001.jpg

I like this one the best because it looks cool, and doesn't take my attention away from the text on the page as much as the ones with a lot of objects in them.

The text only says "CAV". :laughingsmiley:

But thanks for the comment. :)

That's some great work there! :yes: I've taken a liking to the first signature image, because it manages to be fairly simple and unimposing while still looking pretty awesome.

A good sig maker never reveals his program. ;)

Oddly enough, all of the best graphics artists I know are very open (and often downright helpful) when it comes to their tools and techniques. xD

Oddly enough, all of the best graphics artists I know are very open (and often downright helpful) when it comes to their tools and techniques. xD

Well, this one doesn't. :P

You should use the Mario Galaxy one next. :yes: You need some bright colors for awhile.

Bright colors aren't my style. Mario however, is, which is why I made it.

I decided to use the Gears of War 2 sig, mostly because I was able to get a matching avatar with it. Chances are that it will change to the Fallout 3 sig in 2 weeks, since people like it so much. Then I'll use Fallout 3 until I change to my Christmas set, which will be in mid December.

Bright colors aren't my style. Mario however, is, which is why I made it.

I decided to use the Gears of War 2 sig, mostly because I was able to get a matching avatar with it.

That's all the more reason to surprise everyone and use them.

Oooo. Gears of War. He's reading the 3rd book right now.

Wow. A lot of people like Fallout.

I'll use that one after my Christmas set.

I decided to use a signature that I just made. I'll use this until I switch to the Christmas set in about a week and a half.

It's just like drawing, film, or photography. Find a style you are good at, and practice practice practice. Of course, you also need a good program that you are adjusted to.