Step Five

Shadaw the Rampage

I'm having serious problems with the destroyers and is hoping that one of you more experience fighters could help me with a strategy.

My weapons are: honey potion, scarab ring, thief dagger, greater healing scroll, snowglobe staff, downsize, leaf shield, and supersize (no idea why I have that).

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having serious problems with the destroyers and is hoping that one of you more experience fighters could help me with a strategy.

My weapons are: honey potion, scarab ring, thief dagger, greater healing scroll, snowglobe staff, downsize, leaf shield, and supersize (no idea why I have that).

im not that good, but i think you should take away ur scarab ring and replace it with a p-pot or v-pot, and do the same with the thief dagger.

If you need it, here's battle dante's guide on the pots or potions.

Well. The V-Pot and P-Pot (and a few others, but those are xpensive) use reflected icons.

In a normal case, a reflector (An weapon that reflects a certain type/types of icons) requires you opponent to use that certain icon type against you for them to have any effect.

Since it is their attack you are returning, it logically uses their Strenght boost (This working usually to your advantage). It also ignores the Stance you use. (So if you use Defend, which normally reduces the damage you both deal by 20%. However, with reflected icons, your opponents stance is calculated, but yours is not (Thus, you can use Defend stance, and you will not get the "penalty" to the amount of damage you deal, while it still lessens the damage you take.

Now, P-pot and V-pot deal automatically such reflected icons. This causes 2 things:

They deal the damage everyturn, no matter wether your opponent uses those icons. You still get the beforementioned advantages of being able to use Defend to full extent and using your opponents DEF boost.

There is one thing to mention here:

P-pots will only use your opponents STR boost if you go second. (In 1-P, the challenger always goes first unless they are frozen) If you go first, they will use your STR boost and apply your stance like normal weapons, expect that they cannot be blocked.

These potions are the main key to my success in 1-P battling, and they can be used indefinitely.

Yes. since he asked a strategy, I went with what he had, and that is quite basic trick: Use freezer on first turn untli it freezes. Just withdraw if it doesn't. then you are free to bomb them on the next turn.

that said, I really need a pink paintbrush. Or a faerie. Which I'll get from the plot most likely anyways.

Yes. since he asked a strategy, I went with what he had, and that is quite basic trick: Use freezer on first turn untli it freezes. Just withdraw if it doesn't. then you are free to bomb them on the next turn.

that said, I really need a pink paintbrush. Or a faerie. Which I'll get from the plot most likely anyways.

why a pink pb? and doesnt ur hp not heal when u withdraw?

YES the 3rd and 4th battles have come out!

Edited by shinystarters

Yes, it does not heal, but if you carry a healer, you can use Bob to heal against, and then withdraw at full hP.

Pink PB cause I have to have my pet look like a meepit. :P

seems the challenger sets no go in a formation: weakest, medium, hard, weakest, medium etc.

Yes, it does not heal, but if you carry a healer, you can use Bob to heal against, and then withdraw at full hP.

Pink PB cause I have to have my pet look like a meepit. :P

seems the challenger sets no go in a formation: weakest, medium, hard, weakest, medium etc.

nah i like ur radioactive meepit better! *sigh* i wish the furies and zealots would come...

2 edit: so far (i suck):

Character

Difficulty Played Won Lost Drawn Score

Shadow Spectre Minion

(None left in Neopia) 8 +52 52 52 0 0 3846

Shadow Spectre Destroyer

(None left in Neopia) 50 +6 13 6 3 4 400

Shadow Spectre Brute

(None left in Neopia) 25 +8 8 8 0 0 542

Shadow Spectre Conqueror

(None left in Neopia) 75 +2 2 2 0 0 232

Shadow Spectre Fury

(None left in Neopia) 40 +0 You have not fought this challenger yet

Shadow Spectre Zealot

(None left in Neopia) 100 +0 You have not fought this challenger yet

3 edit: Yay furies are out! to bad i got to go soon though...

Thank you I will try your suggestions and hopefully before too long I will have the destroyers beaten!

My pet is level 50 so I have berserk.

I am discouraged. These are my pets stats:

Level: 38

Health: 32 / 32

Strength: EXCELLENT (45)

Defence: EXCELLENT (44)

Is there anything I can buy relatively cheaply to make up for that? The first two time I fought the 50HP guy I lost during the first round. The third time I used Heal all the time instead of Fierce Attack, then Heal, but I still tied. I'd really really like to keep up with this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

The final achievement has been found.

Defeat all enemies in Order, all in one wave, so you defeat a minion, destroyer, brute, conqueror, fury and zealot all in one lot of waves

AWWW that sucks since i keep tieing with the destroyers....I should've paid more attention to the battledome b4....hope the step doesnt end anytime soon...

EDIT: Yes got lucky two times and blocked all of pumpkin lollipop two times each battle, letting me end up with about 20 hp each time!

Do you have to start over? Can't you just sit on your 5 previous victories and wait for the zealots to come back? I missed a zealot due to lag too. I'm not touching any other challengers until their wave comes back before trying to start over.

...Ok so I wasn't smart enough to think of that and already did the Minion and Destroyer. Crap. :guiltysmiley:

Having a baby!? And now your worrying about the plot?! That is some serious dedication. Heck, I'll send you my tier prizes if you really want them. They're only worth under 2k each.

The tasks are fairly easy if you have at least a lab pet, but the Six Up, Six Down is a time-consuming pain in the neck. I finally got it just now. <_<

^ What he said. :P And congratulations by the way. ;)

Considering the deflation impact from being given out as prizes to a whole bunch of people, the books aren't really valued that highly at the moment. And as far as I can tell, they're just normal books.

Announcements