!!Abortion!! Good or bad?

WEVIL

I had a topic on this months ago and it seems to have dissapeared. So I shall bring it BACK.

Abortion, one of the most touchiest topics in America today. Whats your opinion? Legalize? or Ban?

This was a hot topic back then and lets hope it gets even hotter. Post and debate away!!!

Please support your decision with some evidence or support. Don't go "I hate abortion is bad and is for stupid people" backup your view with some reasons. Thanx!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while I would never consider abortion myself, I think that it is a womans right to choose - no further comments tongue.gif

But is it a woman's right to choose whether the baby inside her that she has should live or die? Is it her choice to decide whether the baby deserves to live in the world or die in an empty womb of fluid? I don't think so. I think that a mother should not be allowed to go through with an abortion and kill an innocent life.

• I believe that life begins at conception.

Just my personal view. One can argue whether or not cells dividing is the beginning of life.

• I believe that the unborn child is human.

Most abortions are performed after the 5 week period - the baby is too small. But even within a month of contraception, the fetus has arms, legs, head, a brain, lungs, the early stages of ears and nose, and even a heart (and flowing blood).

• I believe that abortion puts immense risk to the mother.

Uterus perforation, bladder and bowel injuries, future pregnacies issues, failed abortions and mental problems. I agree, abortions are successful with little or no effect on the mother, but its like literally swallowing hydrochloric acid. Also see a list here <a href="
    target="_blank">

• I believe rape is one of the worst crimes, but killing the child is not the answer.

Again more of an opinion.

• I believe that abortion is the most horrific choice she will ever make.

Ask any mother or women who has had an abortion.
    Truely, not one of the highlights of your life.

But is it a woman's right to choose whether the baby inside her that she has should live or die? Is it her choice to decide whether the baby deserves to live in the world or die in an empty womb of fluid? I don't think so. I think that a mother should not be allowed to go through with an abortion and kill an innocent life.

Many people don't like different views forced upon their lives.

Edit: *&(%# BBC!!! %)(*%)($U*

Simple, abortion is murdering an innocent life. Since murder is ilegal so abortion should be. Isn't it hypocritical that we cannot commit murder without getting sent to jail for almost our entire lifetime, yet in some parts of the world is "OKAY" to abort? Therefore, should they legalize abortion, let them also legalize murder.

They say we shouldn't fight violence with more violence. So if let's say a woman gets raped, why would the innocent life have to pay the consecuences? It wouldn't be its fault nor the mother's and nowadays they have so many programs for those women.

i think it is solely up to the mother

one again (like i stated in my first post) I'd really appreciate that you support you opinion with a little bit more reason. :(

Oh well. Any other pro-abortioners out there? Come on and post. I don't bite. (Just rip and tear to shreds :P)

• I believe that life begins at conception.

Just my personal view. One can argue whether or not cells dividing is the beginning of life.

• I believe that the unborn child is human.

Most abortions are performed after the 5 week period - the baby is too small. But even within a month of contraception, the fetus has arms, legs, head, a brain, lungs, the early stages of ears and nose, and even a heart (and flowing blood).

• I believe that abortion puts immense risk to the mother.

Uterus perforation, bladder and bowel injuries, future pregnacies issues, failed abortions and mental problems. I agree, abortions are successful with little or no effect on the mother, but its like literally swallowing hydrochloric acid. Also see a list here <a href="
    target="_blank">

• I believe rape is one of the worst crimes, but killing the child is not the answer.

Again more of an opinion.

• I believe that abortion is the most horrific choice she will ever make.

Ask any mother or women who has had an abortion.
    Truely, not one of the highlights of your life.

Many people don't like different views forced upon their lives.

Edit: *&(%# BBC!!! %)(*%)($U*

Simple, abortion is murdering an innocent life. Since murder is ilegal so abortion should be. Isn't it hypocritical that we cannot commit murder without getting sent to jail for almost our entire lifetime, yet in some parts of the world is "OKAY" to abort? Therefore, should they legalize abortion, let them also legalize murder.

They say we shouldn't fight violence with more violence. So if let's say a woman gets raped, why would the innocent life have to pay the consecuences? It wouldn't be its fault nor the mother's and nowadays they have so many programs for those women.

I have to say that I agree with pretty much everything above...and really can't think of anything new to add, becides the fact that it's just plain wrong.

Aaah,I remember the original one.We had such a good time,and WEVIL really shone during those times.

I still reckon it's up to the parents..they bought the kid into the world,shouldn't they have the moral responsibility to take away life as they've given? (Sorry if that sounded like BS or made no sense at all)

Aaah,I remember the original one.We had such a good time,and WEVIL really shone during those times.

I still reckon it's up to the parents..they bought the kid into the world,shouldn't they have the moral responsibility to take away life as they've given? (Sorry if that sounded like BS or made no sense at all)

Technically a parent has the authority to control the child. However, if you kill a child, that makes you a murderer, right? So if they take the life of their unborn child, then that's murdering. Therefore, parents who kill, should go to jail. Because if a parent has "the moral responsibility to take away life as they've given" then that means EVERY single parent can now kill their child and do whatever the heck he wants. If you look at it this way, if they make abortion legal, they would have to make murdering legal. It would unbalance the whole concept of when it's "right" to kill. Parents who have killed their children before, would be set free or they would at least make a protest and it's just would be a whole bunch of chaos.

I suppose that whether or not abortion can be considered murder really depends on whether or not the fetus in the womb is self-aware. Unfortunately, we don't know that yet.

I suppose that whether or not abortion can be considered murder really depends on whether or not the fetus in the womb is self-aware. Unfortunately, we don't know that yet.

Watch this video, and tell me if you still believe that the baby in the womb isn't aware of its surrounding...then

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/media/fetalcryingvideo.html

My point is not whether it is aware of its surroundings, but whether it has conciousness. Bacteria are aware of their surroundings to a certain degree, and we don't have any problems with killing them.

Since when are bacteria aware of their surroundings, can you prove this?

The movie I posted is not bad at all. I wouldn't post a bad movie.

I'm not trying to say one way or the other, I'm just trying to say we don't have proof one way or the other.

Bacteria are capable of responding to stimuli. If it senses food, it secretes enzymes to break it down and then ingests it.

I'm not trying to say one way or the other, I'm just trying to say we don't have proof one way or the other.

How is that video, NOT proof?

How do you know that the baby wasn't just acting on instinct?

I think that is exactly the point, when you hear something that you normally don't hear you turn and look at it, or try and see here it's comming from. When your in class, and someone makes a loud noice or doesn't something funny, and everyone laughs, but you didn't see it, don't you turn around and look to see what it was or ask what happended, and then laugh?

So how do we know whether or not the baby has a conciousness, in order to say whether or not abortion can be classified as murder?

By just having instinct, it means that your brain cells are working in a way. Therefore a fetus is a life.

Yes, because the fetus reacted to the noice, it shows that his brain is on and working! GO LIFE!

EDIT TO RESPONG TO THE POST ABOVE ^^

If the baby is born early (premature) does the baby not start to live right THEN AND THERE, they cut the cord, and the baby breathes on its own (if it has grown enough lungs and stuff) but its heart still beats the entire time whiles the baby is inside the fetus, and remains beating no matter when it comes out.

Stopping a beating heart is murder.