Lutari Talismans and are they worth it.

rinoa812

The other day i got a random even that gave me a bead. I wasnt sure what to do with it so I ried to sell it in the trading post. When noone bought it I decided to use it. So Im wondering do you guys think its worth it to keep buying beads or is it just a waste of NP.

I've never used these myself. Any time I've found one in an RE, I've sold it. I've heard they aren't worth it. But I'm sure there's others here that have more experience with them.

Well the one i got was only going for 200k and it didnt sell but some of those beards are worth 1 mllion np. So expensive. I heard it can increase random events but i dont wanna pay a ton for it and than all the random events be bad. I will say that after i equiped it though the paintbrush guy gave ma a usuki pb in a re. Sold. Greatly helped my 'get a draik' fund.

woo hoo =P i suppose that can add up eventually. Ah well I i will just work harder to sell any more that i get. Unless someone proves that they are worth it lol.

Hmm, well this is interesting. I haven't gotten any yet in a RE but I think I would like to start collecting them someday. Probably mostly because it has the word Lutari in it and I am in love with Lutaris :wub_anim: . Probably not the best motivation but oh well. A lot of them are mad expensive though and as of right now, I don't have the np for that.

Sigh I dont know. i have 3 and I think one sells for a lot if i had sold it =P but oh well. Its only np right x_x (says the girl whos saving for a draik)...

I have a few of them. I think that I got 3 on RE and I bought a few more and put it in Talisman. Believe me, it's not worth it. It was loooong time ago when I got 100np extra on games. I usually get 100np extra discount if I'm buying in shops. But it's jut not worth it. :D Last time that I got it in RE I didn't even think about what I will do - I sell it :D

I wish I had received a lutari bead from a RE, I've never owned one myself. Sounds like the best thing to do right now is to sell it for a profit, but hopefully in the near future TNT will start a plot that'll make the beads real cheap or something.

I've never recieved a bead from these things. Nor have I ever cared for it. So I don't think it's worth it, and I'm sure many others agree with me.

There may be some die hard collectors that would like to disagree though.

It seems to be a clear consensus that they are not worth it. I will say with the one blue and the 2 yellow i have i finally won the dice a roo avvy +P i know it prob had nothing to do with. so i think if i get another ill sell it but i wont regret having the ones i have =P

I have 3 beads and have been tracking my earnings from them since april. approximately 1 out of every 10 or 20 game scores i send it gives me a 10% increase in that score. occasionally, this means on the featured game, i can get up to 200np, and sometimes when my space faerie charm doubles my score the talisman will then increase off of that.

I plan to eventually get the full set of beads. I have no idea if they increase RE's, but they do also decrease the price of things when restocking in Neopets (non-user) shops. once i get a better internet connection, I plan to do some restocking, and will see if I get any bonuses there with just these 3 beads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest shanemk

They are worth it in the long run, but it would take such a long time to make a profit on using the beads. It's probably better to sell them right away.

Yea I think the right question would be whether or not you are planning on sticking around for a long haul. I only have 1 bead from np-mo. Never got around to getting the rest.

I have one each of red and blue and two each of green and yellow, and I can say that I'm satisfied with their effects. I tend to get around 1K a day off of game bonuses alone (two green gives you a 25% boost) and I've gotten a lot of good random events in the past few months (including several Secret Lab Map Pieces and codestones). None of these random events can be definitively traced back to the Talisman, but I plan to eventually get all of the beads (excluding those you can't buy with NP)

Well I have noticed an increase in RE. Like for instance Ive gotten The Golden Pteri several times lately... which does nothing for me since I dont have a Pteri lol. I also get some of the bad ones more often too so I think its a equal chance to get good and bad.

In my opinion, the beads are certainly not worth buying.

This is what they do:

• Green: Chance of getting extra neopoints from games. (More beads = more extra neopoints)
  • Red: Chance of discount in the main shops (More beads = more discount)
  • Blue: Unknown
  • Yellow: Unknown

Even if you play a lot of games, your talisman needs to give you extra neopoints on at least 6500 games before you start earning any profits on them!

Also, the Tongi beads are no longer available. The Tongi beads were put directly into your talisman if you referred someone to the lutari mobile game.

This is what they do:

• Blue: Chance of discount in the main shops (More beads = more discount)
  • Red: Chance of getting extra neopoints from games. (More beads = more extra neopoints)
  • Green: Possibly more random events (Not confirmed)
  • Yellow: Unknown

There are cases though where one bead does another bead's job.

I for example have only one green bead in my talisman. I often also get 10% extra neopoints from games.

Are you sure about this?

http://www.neopets.com/~Palletship says that it's the green that do game bonuses, the red that do shop decreases, and blue and yellow are currently unknown. This would make sense since for a time I only had a green bead, and I got game bonuses and never a single shop discount. Then I got a single red bead, and I also then began to see shop discounts that were in direct proportion to the number of red beads that I had, but not in direct proportion to the number of green beads. This leads me to believe that the beads can only perform one function, and for the green it is game increases, and for the red it is shop discounts. Plus, if they could perform different functions, why have the different colors?