KeyQuest Ethics?

clairekundinger

So here is my thought of the day:

If your playing KQ and the person your playing with has a slower computer then yours, to the point where it would be impossible to win mini games for them, is it cheating to purposly go to a mini game spot? It seems like such a cheap way to win to me! My computer is usually faster but sometimes its not and thats frusterating... I really like games where its equal but that only happes like 1 out of every 10!

What do we all think? <_<

Being one of the players with a slower computer my opinion is that I usually try to avoid mini games if I can but if they're in my path I'll land on them just so I can get where I need to go. I like the mini-games so I don't care if players land on them or not. Sometimes I win them, but most of the time I don't. The reason I usually try avoiding mini games is that key quest for me likes to glitch and freeze and then the time I spent playing was a complete loss.

On my desktop computer key quest is much faster with less glitches, but even then I still usually didn't land on the game squares. Either way as long as I get/got something from the game I won't complain.

Personally, I don't think it's cheating at all. Is it super annoying when you are the one with the slow computer? Yes. But it's not necessary to win the mini games to win the over all game. Sometimes I actually don't even try at the mini games if the other person's computer is super faster than my own. I tend to focus more on using the power ups strategically and the path chosen to get keys than winning mini games.

Though on a somewhat related note, I absolutely hate being lint rolled (meaning you can't pick up items for 1 turn) and I found out that if you just don't click anything for that turn, you can stay on that spot and just skip a turn and then click I'm back. :worried: Thoughts on this aspect of possibly cheating?

"Though on a somewhat related note, I absolutely hate being lint rolled (meaning you can't pick up items for 1 turn) and I found out that if you just don't click anything for that turn, you can stay on that spot and just skip a turn and then click I'm back. Thoughts on this aspect of possibly cheating? "

Actually TNT says thats cheating :| I didn't even know you could do that untill I froze and the person got so mad... but It was an accident! but you can get reported for doing it so I wouldn't just in case!

I think that alot of people feel that way because the person does get a free roll out of it. But TNT sees it as cheating... I was kinda like ...huh... when I found that out! But the hard core KQers get reallllly upset! The only thing I get really upset about is other people quitting :grrr:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that alot of people feel that way because the person does get a free roll out of it. But TNT sees it as cheating... I was kinda like ...huh... when I found that out! But the hard core KQers get reallllly upset! The only thing I get really upset about is other people quitting :grrr:

I HATE when people quit ESPECIALLY when they're losing. I mean if your shockwave crashes (which happens sometimes) it's one thing, but to intentionally leave the game? I mean half the time I play I've gotten better prizes from second place. The only time I ever won anything worth anything from a first place key was a Striped PB. Otherwise I get 'Yurble Tales' and 'Everlasting Crystal Apple Stamp' Where with second place I get codestones... is that odd?

As for the initial question, no, I think that's just life when one person has a fast comp...

I do want to know though, I was playing KQ with my best friend and her boyfriend but the only one they played power-ups on was me (As in they tag-teamed me and it ended up a two v one game) ...is that cheating?

I seem to be good at mini-games, because I win at least 90% of the ones I play. I don't have a fast connection at all, it's just strategy/luck. I don't go out of my way to choose mini-game squares because it slows the game down sooo much, but I don't avoid them either.

What really annoys me is when it's obvious I'm going to win, but the other player purposely lands on mini-game squares. It just delays both our prizes and isn't going to change anything. Sometimes this CAN turn it around and win them the game, but at times when it's impossible it really gets on my nerves.

If people skip their turn when I lint them, I leave the game - I don't play with cheaters.

I do want to know though' date=' I was playing KQ with my best friend and her boyfriend but the only one they played power-ups on was me (As in they tag-teamed me and it ended up a two v one game) ...is that cheating? [/quote']

Nope, that's a strategy. Not a very nice one and I personally wouldn't play them both again, but it's a strategy nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...

Do whatever you can to win ;).

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

And keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.