What in the World?

Gunto

I was playing Fashion Fever earlier, and a window pops up asking me for my username and password. I simply closed the window. Then I go to Kass Basher, and it comes again. I remember seeing something like this a few months earlier, but is this one any different? Of course I did NOT enter my info, due to the fact I know it's going to be malicious.

whatisthis.jpg?t=1284063011

NOTE: Usernames and other info were removed for account safety.

Anyway, does anyone know exactly WHAT this is?

It's been happening to me too. I was just about to post a new topic when I saw this one. I never entered my info or anything I just refreshed the page or clicked cancel. I first noticed it on Faerie Bubbles last night and again this afternoon and now I got it on the new neopian battles game. I'm glad to hear its not malicious! For the record I'm using chrome as well.

This is actually unrelated to JavaScript, and not malicious at all. :yes: In fact, it's not even asking for your username and password.

TNT uses HTTP authentication to protect some images and other files they don't want people accessing before they're released. Occasionally they forget to remove the protection before releasing the files, which triggers the authentication prompts we've been seeing. So while it's good that people don't enter their information into these dialogs, they're really quite harmless.

Yeah, i haven't gotten those but my friend has so, it's good to know that they're not bugged or anything.