Save Yourself!

Sheta

So, earlier I was offered an account by someone who I guessed saw my name on the Trading Post(It was while I was reposting my lots) who said their mom was making them get off the computer and she wouldn't be able to do Neopets anymore. At first I was going to accept it, but with the scare running in my mind, I went to Ye Ole' Google and checked out ways that I could be in trouble for accepting it. One, I had totally forgotten the rule about transferring accounts, and two, she probably stole it from someone else and was trying to slide the account to me, the oblivious. So, I said that I didn't want it. And she had said that she gave it to someone else to, and I had to hurry if I wanted it. She gave me the 'Password' in the title of the message and said I better hurry! After that, I supposed it would be good if I posted this petpage. They have a pretty good display of scams and such!

Lupe Money Counter

There are so many potential scams out there. If you stay vigilant and remember that "too good to be true usually is," you should be able to avoid most of them. Also, it doesn't hurt to reread the rules every so often, just so that you don't accidentally get sucked into doing something bad.

Yeah, it seems that they are updating them so rapidly! Sooner or later, they are going to lose people because the rules are too much to bare o.o" Considering I know people who are 20 or so...

All these ways to scam are going to bring a lot of freezes from people testing these scam attempts.

This will also make people lose faith in TNT, as they will leave Neo in fear of getting scammed out of their account. The person could scam the password out of the user, take the account, hack and find out their personal information, including address, credit card info, and more.

This will also make people lose faith in TNT, as they will leave Neo in fear of getting scammed out of their account.

But CAV, that makes it sound like it's only a Neopets issue. I used to play Maple Story here and there, they had messages on the bottom of the in-game screen, saying that staff will never ask for passwords, etc. I've seen it on a ton of the online MMO's, and other games that my husband has played. It's not isolated to Neopets. It affects a lot of sites/games/etc.

Also CAV, if someone does get into someone else's account, they wouldn't have access to their credit card information, or their address. Those kinds of things aren't used on Neopets. Even if a credit card was used for NC, the info isn't stored.

• 4 weeks later...

~

Be vigilant D:!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.