Neomails on Maintenance

Bloom

So apparently, as of the night of July 29-30, 2010 the whole entire neomail system in Neopets completely shut down. No one can go to it and when you have a 'new' neomail, it pretends that you never got it. I am not sure if anyone received information yet about this, but I think it could be most definitely a brand new neomail system that they have been planning and for them to do it this late at night means that they wanted to do it when there was rarely any Neopians online.

I'm extremely excited to see what they have in stock for us! Anyone else?

Also, it will be sad, considering that was one of the last few features from the traditional Neopets. D: I think guilds and the neoboards are the last features that haven't really changed too much recently. D: Hopefully one of them stays the way it is, yeah?

I hadn't noticed! It would be interesting to see what it looks like, I can't imagine the neomails being any other way (although... I did say this about the old navi bar at the top...). Nothing can last forever eh? Lets just hope they make a good job of it!

A new Neomail system could be a good thing, actually. Or maybe they're just changing the back-end stuff, so it will work better and there will be little noticeable difference to the user. We'll see, I guess!

Everyone, it's time to SAVE THE NEOMAIL SYSTEM! Send in your donations now :P

Obviously kidding, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Guest Yoshinho

Well telling that I can get neomails and everything is the same, it is not new. Watch them tax you for every neomail xD

I would like a small pop-up that says "One new neomail" but then again that could ruin a flash game :/

Oh, I would hate that. It would interrupt whatever you were doing. In my opinion, that's just too in-your-face. I actually prefer the way it is now, so you still get a notification, but you can wait to act on it as long as you want.