Random Friend Requests

Jewelyanna

Hey guys, just wondering, but who here accepts random friend requests? I used to a while ago, but of course I'd always check their lookup first to just see what they're like. Nowadays, I'm a little more paranoid because of all the CGers. I don't even check their lookup until I've logged out, cleared my browsing history and deleted my cookies. (But can there be CGs on userlookups?) lol I'm so paranoid >_<

But the real question is; do you accept random friend requests and why/why not?

Yes, CGs can be on userlookups unforunately.

And no I don't. I like to keep my account with people I know. My NF's consist of my husband, sister, and my friends from TDN. That's it.

I used to accept all random neofriend invites. However, with the recent cgers, I have been ever so cautious. I only accept new neofriends when they pm me on forums that I frequent, or if I have some way of verifying them as nonscammers.

I would accept them if they were active on these boards or maybe in my guild. Now I will probably never accept them again! (If I ever get my account back)

I treat my neofriends like my facebook friends: if I haven't talked to them extensively elsewhere (facebook, real life; neopets, TDNF), I won't accept them. I just don't trust people on teh interwebs.

I used to a long time ago when I didn't care about anything. But really... Now I have a different perspective. I wouldn't just accept random friend requests. I mean why would you? You don't even know them. I'd rather be friends with someone from a guild, but if it was just a one day or 10 minute chat on the random NeoBoard then I wouldn't. I just think that it is annoying for people to just add you and think of you as a friend.

If you're gonna talk to them and get to know them, then that's when you accept.

At least that's what I think in my opinion.

I used to. And I used to randomly friend request people too. But now with all the CGers around I probably wont be doing that anymore <_<

no, i feel like I don't know anything... what's a CG?

A CG is a Cookie Grabber. I can't really explain how it works, but a cookie grabber gets access to your cookies (the internet-y kind, not the delicious ones.) This gives them knowledge of your passwords and usernames for anything you've logged into recently.

I used to a long time ago when I didn't care about anything. But really... Now I have a different perspective. I wouldn't just accept random friend requests. I mean why would you? You don't even know them. I'd rather be friends with someone from a guild, but if it was just a one day or 10 minute chat on the random NeoBoard then I wouldn't. I just think that it is annoying for people to just add you and think of you as a friend.

If you're gonna talk to them and get to know them, then that's when you accept.

At least that's what I think in my opinion.

I know what you mean. When I did some really cheap NF Only auctions, I got random NF requests like crazy. I couldn't believe that. People are just weird. I think if someone wants to be your NF and you don't know them, they should contact you first. Explain why, maybe. Maybe they share a lot of interests, love the same pets, have the same goals. But NF requests out of nowhere are weird.

I treat my neofriends like my facebook friends: if I haven't talked to them extensively elsewhere (facebook, real life; neopets, TDNF), I won't accept them. I just don't trust people on teh interwebs.

I agree. I've never accepted random NF requests or random friend requests on any other site. I want to know the person in RL or at least have had extensive contact on the site on which they're requesting the friend. You gotta be careful out here on the Internet.

I dont unless they NM me first. I see it mainly as them hoping the person will either get CGed, or having an NF only auction for cheap. I once tested something: I put 3 Christmas PBs for 1 NP at Auctions, NF only. I got 34 NF requests. I took my fun for NM them and asking why they wanted to be my NF and got very hilarious stuff. Then I accidentally accepted one. Before I managed to remove him, he had managed to offer on 2 of the PBs. Lost 40k to him. LOL.

I don't accept random neofrind requests, but I always send a "hey, who's this?" message to them. Most of the time the don't respond and I reject it. I won't accept unless they really talk to me. I have very very few neofriends who are not fellow guild members who I talk with several times per week, and most of those are friends from offline whom I've convinced to join neopets.

I've had NF requests blocked for years because of the stupid random ones... I used to get minimum 5-10 per day because of my graphics site >_< Even with them blocked, I still get at least one person most days who mails asking me to add them :S The ones who do that get blocked xD My NFs are only for people I actually know! :yes:

I never accept random neofriend requests. All of my neofriends are people I know in real life or people I know from TDN. I've noticed that I get a high number of friend requests when I have won something from the Wishing Well, donated a lot to the Money Tree, or when my Draik is my active. Obviously, these are jut people looking to get something from me, so I don't really feel a need to friend them.

I never accept random neofriend requests. All of my neofriends are people I know in real life or people I know from TDN. I've noticed that I get a high number of friend requests when I have won something from the Wishing Well, donated a lot to the Money Tree, or when my Draik is my active. Obviously, these are jut people looking to get something from me, so I don't really feel a need to friend them.

Are you serious? That's really pathetic that people will do that. If people spent half the time earning their own things, as it took them to hunt down people that they think they could mooch off, they'd have what they wanted anyway.

Random friend requests for no reason (Like, I don't have any trades, auctions, won anything, donated anything, posted on the Neoboards etc.) are what creep me out the most. I wonder where they saw me, and why they want to be a NF.

No. I don't accept random friend requests. The only way I will accept a friend request is if I have been talking with the person or know them in real life. I think it is kind of idiotic to just randomly ask anyone to be your friend, not knowing who they are or what they are like.

I don't get a lot of friend requests, but usually I'll accept and then try talking to them, which is kind of backwards now that I think about it. That's just how I've handled them, though. Every once in awhile, I'll delete the neofriends I never talk to.

People ask to be my neofriend in the chat box as soon as we start Key Quest. Sometimes I ignore them and some I say "sure." But I've noticed that most of them that ask to be my friend end up quitting on me. Strange. The only time I actually do accept friend requests is when someone neomails me and we talk a few times. Now that I know what a CG'er is, how can they actually steal them?