Random Friend Requests

Jewelyanna

Hmm...to be honest I've never really worried about CGers. I've never expierenced any issue with something like this, and that's probably because my account isn't really on the A-list XD

I mean, it's not bad, but there isn't really anything worth taking. I don't restock or worry about the stock market. I don't play a lot of games and I have like two painted pets...and they certainly aren't rare. haha, I mainly play neopets for the stories I can create with my pets (aka characters) but, with the petpages down, I'm forced to find something else.

But, with so many people telling me about all the issues with CGers, I might start becoming a bit more cautious. I still accept random friend requests, but I don't view their pages or anything. I figure, saying no to a friend request is like having someone walk up to you, say hello, and then just looking at them and walking away.

But, not many people add me, they are ussually for neopets roleplays and typically in my guild. Some have added me from key quest, which immidiately I'm like "I just beat you in key qyest and you want to add me? alright..."

but, regardless, I'll be careful from now on, clean ot all my cookies frequently XD

don't want them to burn anyway !!

I hate them. I'm like "I've never seen this person before," and most importantly, "HOW ON EARTH DO THEY KNOW ME/MY UN?!?!"

Yes, I ignore them. Though I have 2 pending (iThink, that might be on my side account) that I am yet to reject/accept as they seem familiar...

I got a video into Neovision back when that existed, and I got so many random Neofriend requests from that. :/

Anyways, usually if somebody requests to be my NF and I don't recognize the username, I Neo-mail them to see if I can figure it out. Usually it's somebody I know or their side account or something, but sometimes it truly is somebody random. In these cases, I talk to them for a while, and if we have a good conversation I usually accept. After that, there's a pretty good chance that we'll never talk again. :worried: The main reason I don't accept completely random requests is because space on my stalker bar is limited, and I want to be able to see when my actual friends are on, not just some stranger. :laughingsmiley:

No, I don't. Personally, I find it a bit rude, especially when I specifically said I don't accept random neofriend requests out of the blue from strangers on my userlookup. It's barely any effort to send a friendly neomail or two to somebody if you really wish to meet and befriend them. Maybe that's why I have hardly any active Neofriends on my stalker bar nowadays. :P

I noticed though, that if you enter a KQ room and leave it on without going into a game, there would usually be an influx of neofriend requests from newbies. Hmm.

• 3 weeks later...

Never really thought about it before. I used to accept them, after taking a look at their lookup. Now that I think about it, even doing that I really had no distinguishing factors. After reading this board, probably not going to in the future. Seems like some scary stuff can happen

I accept KQ friend invites from people who DON'T quit and who I've played against a few times because it makes KQ more fun (I almost said funner :graduated:) when you KNOW the game is going to go the whole way! but you want some random NF invites.... get in the top 3 in a game for a month :grrr: and I don't even know why these people care that your in the top 3.... but they just nf request and neomail away... Like i need 100 people asking me how to get a high score on Meerca Chase.... :S BUT thats all in my head because I don't have the heart to be rude to people lol.

I didn't know people could steal your cookies like that.... and I really wish I knew more about these things! I have added a PIN to everything now so that if my account ever does get hacked then they can't steal anything :D

Considering me being paranoid of Cookie Grabbers and whatnot, I have not only blocked requests but blocked non-NeoFriend mail entirely. I attempt to not visit a lot of user lookups and taht stuff, but it often passes my mind until I actually visit it. I'm mortified of being cookie grabbed, but I do know what to do if it happens. Password changing and maybe e-mail changing. :yes:

I accept KQ friend invites from people who DON'T quit and who I've played against a few times because it makes KQ more fun (I almost said funner :graduated:) when you KNOW the game is going to go the whole way! but you want some random NF invites.... get in the top 3 in a game for a month :grrr: and I don't even know why these people care that your in the top 3.... but they just nf request and neomail away... Like i need 100 people asking me how to get a high score on Meerca Chase.... :S BUT thats all in my head because I don't have the heart to be rude to people lol.

I didn't know people could steal your cookies like that.... and I really wish I knew more about these things! I have added a PIN to everything now so that if my account ever does get hacked then they can't steal anything :D

Sorry, but it's not hacked, it's Cookie Grabbed. There's a whole thread on it *I can't remember where, SORRY!*

As for the topic at issue, ever since my best friend had her account stolen by an NF request I haven't (I usually didn't before either.) Truth be told she played a KQ game with the person and then they were all "Hey I want you to have my account and such" what happens after that? She lost EVERYTHING. Both accounts gone, three of her pets traded away (Two of whom were draiks) and all her neocash and neopoints stolen. The account was eventual frozen for protection (As with the *&%$'s real account and her husbands) but since then neither of us accept random friend requests. And I also use No-Script which helps stop them in their tracks.

-EDIT-

the board is http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtopic=15884 <--here for anyone who was wondering :D

• 4 weeks later...

I don't add random people, but I don't think you should be worried so much. If you get the mozilla firefox browser, it's impossible to get cged.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.