What just happened?

shiranui_xiii

I got onto my account this morning and checked my inventory, only to find that I had about 5 or so items there. I don't remember getting them from dailies (and I didn't do many yesterday). They were mostly Battledome items. I wasn't trading or anything, either. No one gave me those items.

I don't know how they got there. Maybe I just don't remember getting them, but nothing else is wrong with my account. I have a file on my computer that helps me keep track of my Neopoints, and it matched up with the bank. Nothing was disturbed except I had those five or so items I couldn't remember getting.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I went ahead and changed my password and PIN anyhow. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hmm...quite possibly. I know clothing stays on but BD equipment may be different...check your side pet and see if the battledome equipment is still there...

Nobody could have given you those items, because you'd have to accept them, but have you been refreshing a lot without looking at the top of the screen? I remember during the AC when I was on the boards and I'd refresh to see the latest messages, at the end of the day I'd find loads of stuff that I'd gotten from RE's that I never knew about lol.

I'm not sure.

Are Battledome items removed when you transfer a Neopet? I just transferred my Acara to the side and it's the only thing I can think of that would possibly give me those items.

Hmm...quite possibly. I know clothing stays on but BD equipment may be different...check your side pet and see if the battledome equipment is still there...

I'm pretty sure that BD items are removed for transfers, though I've never tried before so I can't be totally sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing the other day. I pounded a pet and suddenly had the Battledome items in my inventory. I had no clue where they came from til I realized they ere all battledome items. I had a friend whose account was hacked about a week ago. She logged into her account and suddenly she had several neggs and a couple of paintbrushes that she new she didn't buy in her inventory so I say be paranoid about hackers. There are to may Cg'ers out there right now.