Bonju Avatar Expenses!

Sheta

So, lucky me, today I got Gourmet Cooking for Your Pet from the Wheel of Knowledge! Yay for me!

So, I went around and price checked how much it was going for. All three was around 300K and just the book was 170-200K. So, I went to the Shop Wizard and saw the Orange Juice was 2K neopoints and then Blumaroo Steak was about 1K. All together it was 173-203K.

With that said, people are on the Trading Post with a minimum of 295K for the whole set!

Is it just me, or is it way better to just buy them separate?

And also, I am torn between getting the avatar(Since I am an avatar collector) or selling them for profit...Any Advice?

Yeah, considering I am thinking of adopting all of my dream pets and I can't think of anything big I have been wanting to buy... Perhaps I will put it up on the trading post until august. If I still have no good offers until then, then I use them for the avatar<3

I've been debating about it too. I can't decide whether to buy it and get the avatar or save my NPs. Maybe I'll try the Wheel of Knowledge now! :)

I finally broke down and bought the book, after wishing for it @ the Wishing Well for the last two months has amounted to nothing... :sad01_anim:

I did the exact same thing last month. I continued wishing for it though and I got the book today... Oh well I guess I will be selling one of the books for a nice profit next month.

Yeah, if you want to sell it, now is the best time, coming up on August, and everyone wants the avatar and is looking for a good price... Try taking it down by 1K! You will be attacked like piranhas! Wait...o.o" :worried:

I did the same as Hrtbrk. I bought all the items months ago, and got them much cheaper than they are now. To me, it's a small cost for the avatar. And since it's something you can only get during a certain time of year, I'd get the avatar. If you sold it, then changed your mind, it could be too late and you'd have to wait until next August.

And as for the TP, people try to get more than things are worth there. Like a full Petpet Lab Ray set, for 10k. I bought them separate, and didn't spend more than 5k.

Same with the normal Secret Laboratory map. Although it is still expensive... Like I said, I will put it up until August. And if I still have it, I will use it. If I don't I will put the profit on my keepsake account! Next Save-up is the Laboratory Map to try for the Avatar and then an MSP. Yay<3

I actually got the book while restocking at the book store :P God I felt lucky.. Keeping it at least until August 8, then I'll use it :) I wanted the avatar last year but when I woke up the book was already in the 1m price range.

I think the avatar is expensive... but what do you expect after it been hiding for 3 years :D

Last year, I bought the book about an hour before the secret of the avatar was revealed, so I only paid a couple thousand np for it. I have since restocked two more to sell.

I got the book at an auction for about 220K, got the OJ for just under 2K and I won a few Blumaroo Steaks from Test Your Strength. All reasonably cheap. Why wait to get it? If you already won one of the items, who knows how many of the books or steaks you'll win again in the future? And then you can always sell those ones and make profit later.

Like someone else has said, you can always earn more NPs--I know I would be super bummed knowing I would have to wait a whole 'nother year for another avatar. No amount of profit in NPs can fix a year of suffering :P

Last year, I bought the book about an hour before the secret of the avatar was revealed, so I only paid a couple thousand np for it. I have since restocked two more to sell.

Okay that was like it was meant to be! LOL Talk about awesome Neoluck!

Is there a certain date when it starts? Or just August first? I'd hate to go try to get it, and have it not taking effect yet, and not get it.

From what I've read, it becomes available on an unknown (secret?) date, so I'm guessing that there are people out there who are mega-rich with multiples of all the required items who just throw them away until they find out the date for everyone.

I'm sure if you check the neoboards occasionally in August, you'll know when the day comes that it's available because there will be 239857382 million posts about it :laughingsmiley:

I didn't buy the book last year, everyone was selling them for 1 mil and up. I did however, stock up on the books back in December-January, when the books were selling for about 110-115k. I actually have a set on the TP, it's up for 200k. I figure so many people will be selling the books in August that the price may possibly even deflate.

Oh wow...I still remember that people actually paid MILLIONS just so they can get the avatar before the end of last August :O

Instead of spending millions...I got the book for around 300 NEOPOINTS from restocking, the orange juice from playing Dice-A-Roo, and the Blumaroo Steak from the Test Your Strength game. Overall, I didn't spend hundred thousands like a lot of others did! So I'll be getting mine next month.

I just don't think I could spend millions or anything like that on an avatar that requires common items...except for that book of course since I only managed to restocked on one of them :P