Malware Detected on some forum pages

Lamppost

I'm using Google Chrome as my browser, and for some forum topics, I receive the following message:

The website at www.tdnforums.com contains elements from the site icons.iconator.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

For instance, it happened when I tried to access the first page of the "Ancient Neopians" topic in the Anything and Everything Neopets forum, but not successive pages.

I'm guessing this might be something in someone's signature, since it only happens on some pages, but I wanted to let others know in case something can be done about it. Based on the amount of activity here, I'd be surprised if TDN was knowingly hosting malware.

Hm, I use a different browser but I have noticed that mine randomly closes the page on those places "to protect my computer".

I'm worried about convos as well...

Never seen any warning like that in firefox. Thank you for giving some link examples, if other have more of these topic examples I'd like to see them (also the page number if it's a big topic).

The only page number I can give you for sure, is Page 6 on Luciana's drawing topic.

I've gone through the signatures of the people on page 6 of her topic and do not find any links or signs of malware.

But as stated in the first post there are images from icons.iconator.com which have been flagged as malware... may not be true.

I think it could be someone's icon, if they're direct linking. (It says there's content from a website known for having malware. The website is icon.icons) I don't have the exact website that it listed, but it had "icon" in it, and I think it was in the URL twice.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem! I agree with Spritzie - it's probably someone's icon or image that comes from that site. There might not necessarily be malware in their signature, but something in their signature is associated with a site that has been known to have malware.

At any rate, my browser still says it's unsafe to visit those pages.

The other exact page I can give is the first page of the Ancient Neopians topic. If I notice any others, I'll be sure to post them.

EDIT: Viridian beat me to reply. Thank you for looking into it!

You're welcome.

I see this topic as solved now. In case something like this happens again, you can always warn the staff (whether it is actually malware or not).

Thank you.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Viridian).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Viridian if you have any questions regarding this action.