The Coconut Shy Theory

34 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever knocked down the coconut in Coconut Shy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Actually, I made it EXPLODE!!
    • What's the Coconut Shy??
  2. 2. Do you think the theory will ever work for someone?

I'm aware that there's a theory to the Coconut Shy and knocking the coconut down. But my question is, has it worked for anyone other than the person whom posted the article? It hasn't worked for me, so I'm skeptical that it could ever work. Let's disscuss. Has it worked for you? Did you knock the coconut down? Maybe even exploded it? And if you haven't do you think it could ever work?

*raises hand* well it took more than a month for me, but I used that same guide and eventually, I knocked the coconut over and got the avatar! =D

The guide helps give you a right direction on hitting the same coconut and trying to knock that same one over, instead of just guessing a spot and hoping it would even touch the coconut. I remember reading another guide that mainly aimed on the letter "e" on one of the words and people claim that worked too for aiming.

After I got the avatar though, I quit playing the game all together, so I don't know if I'll knock it down again or make it explode lolz.

Uh. If you're hitting the coconut it's working. It's just really rare for you to actually knock down the coconut or make it explode.

I mean working in the sense of "eventually, I knocked the coconut down".

Trust me, I use the guide too, and I've used it for quite a while, but it's never worked for me.

Using the theory I tend to break even or even profit whereas I always used to lose. I haven't knocked it down yet, but I'm willing to keep trying as I don't lose anything.

I wouldn't call it a theory, I'd call it a strategy - and it works.

Obviously, finding a sweet spot and hitting a coconut more often then not increases your chances as it's random.

Using this strategy has allowed me to knock the coconut down several times and win the avatar.

I honestly knocked down the coconut on my first try on my current account. I felt guilty. ...for about a minute. :D

Yep, as long as you're hitting the coconut, you're doing all you can. Knocking it off is random I do believe.

I'm not sure which article you are referring to, but I used a strategy to get the avie. It pretty much just takes time, patience, and consistency. I played 10x each day for about a month before I finally had one explode. The strategy I used didn't involve any letters, I just lined my "hand" up with the same spot on the center pole. Even with that, I didn't hit the coconut 100% of the time. I think the shot angle is as random as the force needed to knock the coconut down.

I think the theory helps with aiming, but that's about it. If you're in a spot where you can at least hit it nearly consistently (baring the randomness of the aim), eventually you'll win out in the end. A few weeks ago before I came here, I did figure out how to line myself up, but I chose a different coconut each time. While I was okay, I do hit slightly more often using this method, and eventually, the more often you can at least hit it, eventually, it will pay off.

I just tried this theory, I can't really say much right now. 1/4 it missed. 1/4 I would get 50np. Then 1/2 I would get 300np. It seems like a good theory so far :)