WAM Celebration Cup - Sponsored by TDN!

Grant~

The WAM Celebration Cup is an annual tournament held after the official Altador Cup, a competition centered around Yooyuball, of course.

The qualifying round begins next week, and 40 people with high GPGs (average goals per game) will proceed to compete in the actual tournament after ACV. The winner takes home the Hughlis Celebration Cup, pictured below. Last year's winner was luckynorris123 of Maraqua, barely defeating HBK (a TDN staffer) of Krawk Island in the final round.

hughliscup.png

First, though, we're going to need YOUR help. We need volunteers to help run the WAM Celebration Cup! Positions include interviewing participants, verifying scores, and more! The actual tournament will last two to three weeks after the Altador Cup (which ends on July 4th), and anyone available that's willing to help will be greatly appreciated. If you are interested in volunteering, please Neomail me!

More information coming soon!

First of all, what is WAM?

IF someone explained, I'd be happy to help, if I could.

P.S. I'm under thirteen, if that makes any difference.

WAM is We Are Maraqua. Or possibly the sound of a wave hitting. But hey, I'm going to go with We Are Maraqua on this one.

Just felt like I need to add (or repeat if Grant already said it... I quite skim through the news post, but I'm allowed because I'm ill today), this event will be opened to the whole Neopets Community. You don't have to be a Maraqua player in order to take part, at all. In fact, we will need representants from ALL teams!

I hate playing YYB, so I certainly won't be competing. I will likely be able to volunteer to help out, though.

Can I join and volunteer?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Do we have to play Yooyuball on Altador cup to post scores in WAM?

The walkthrough that explains who you can participate will be released later :P

The event will only take place after the Altador Cup, so focus on winning your daily matches for now ;)

Perhaps I could be a representative of Moltara?

If your stats are the ones in your sig, probably not. The WAM cup is strictly hardcore yooyuballers ;) I don't know what happens if we can't find enough people from each team though.

Tell your friends ;)

The walkthrough that explains who you can participate will be released later :P

The event will only take place after the Altador Cup, so focus on winning your daily matches for now ;)

Thanks for the info! I will train with fieryness!

No, I just haven't updated my sig in forever, lol. I actually play it a lot, but my GPG may be a bit low...I get the Goals one after another but I can only ever find time to get in 8 GPG. I don't know how people could get anymore in the short time of three minutes...Maybe I need to check out some YYB guides....Anyone know any good ones? I'm also waiting to update my Avatar Counter...I actually have over 150...I know most people have over 200 but I lost my old account's password and it got deleted because I didn't get the password intime...

No, I just haven't updated my sig in forever, lol. I actually play it a lot, but my GPG may be a bit low...I get the Goals one after another but I can only ever find time to get in 8 GPG. I don't know how people could get anymore in the short time of three minutes...Maybe I need to check out some YYB guides....Anyone know any good ones? I'm also waiting to update my Avatar Counter...I actually have over 150...I know most people have over 200 but I lost my old account's password and it got deleted because I didn't get the password intime...

Okay, now those stats sound a lot better. :P We have a Yooyuball guide ;)

My GPG would be higher but I tried for the achievement where you score with your defenders.

Theres an achievement for scoring with your defenders o.o"? I might have to try for that...

Also, I now make 9 instead of 8 xD I found one and I didn't know you could save 8 seconds by skipping the announcement of the Yooyuball and the scoring love...I didn't even know you could skip them;-;"...

I'm gunna go check out the guide...

Yeah, I found TDN's Achievement list. I'm now working on the Goalies saves considering I am over half way there I am nowhere near done with the one with the defenders...I'm working on it though:) I try using my defenders now as much as possible...

Do we have to play Yooyuball on Altador cup to post scores in WAM?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

....Huh? Did I miss something? I am confused why this post was deemed in violation of the rules. It was made the same day that the thread was created... :S

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native)

Thank you for pointing this out. :) In the future, please just 'report' the post so that we will be aware of things like this quicker. :P

I hate to split hairs, but when I click on the "report" button, this message appears:

"This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectional content, etc and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons."

It says ONLY in all caps, wouldn't that mean that I shouldn't use the 'report' button for communicating with the moderators for other reasons?

(By the way, the word is "objectionable," you might want to pass that along to someone.)

OK, I was told I could be an interviewer... But nobody can/will tell me how I am supposed to interview. Do I neomail the pesron a bunch of questions, and expect them to respond back, and then write a report? Or what? Please help!!! :graduated:

OK, I was told I could be an interviewer... But nobody can/will tell me how I am supposed to interview. Do I neomail the pesron a bunch of questions, and expect them to respond back, and then write a report? Or what? Please help!!! :graduated:

Ah, sorry for the delay.

We're having a bit of issues at the moment since the WAM Celebration Cup organizer seems to have vanished for a couple days.

Don't worry, though, someone should contact you with an explanation of your duties sometime next week.

Ah, sorry for the delay.

We're having a bit of issues at the moment since the WAM Celebration Cup organizer seems to have vanished for a couple days.

Don't worry, though, someone should contact you with an explanation of your duties sometime next week.

No worries. Just been a little confused lately though. Thanks for getting back to me!