User Rating

Cornflakes

In reference to those stars at the top right of our "about me" page: Is it really necessary to have this User Rating feature? Really, some jealous cow can just come along and give someone one star because they happen to not like being argued with in the Neopets Debate forum (that's a hypothetical situation of course, any similarity to real life scenarios is purely coincidental). My point is, such a vote has nothing to do with the quality of the user. Someone could really contribute to the forums here, and then all it takes is one or two petty users to come along and vote them down because of something completely asinine.

Just sayin. :)

I agree with you. I had once got 4 stars for a reason I totally didn't know. :( I give 5 stars to every user I see, no matter I like them or not. This rating thing doesn't really matter to me now.

Cheer up Cornflakes! :) Nobody really sees the rating (because I don't). Stay happy as always. :yes:

P.S. Gave you 5 stars. Best of Luck. ^_^

And ... OMG! I love your avatar! :O

I'm still trying to figure that out, heh heh. Same thing with the post quality. The only use for that I see is if someone is leaving spam or hateful messages, but I suppose the mods could sort that out instead.

I'm a recent member and when I first joined I was worried that the star rating was a BIG DEAL and hoped no one would give me half a star. :P

Paranoia, thy name is Quark.

I agree with you. I had once got 4 stars for a reason I totally didn't know. :( I give 5 stars to every user I see, no matter I like them or not. This rating thing doesn't really matter to me now.

Cheer up Cornflakes! :) Nobody really sees the rating (because I don't). Stay happy as always. :yes:

P.S. Gave you 5 stars. Best of Luck. ^_^

And ... OMG! I love your avatar! :O

Awwwwww *huggles* You are too kind, thank you!

I'm still trying to figure that out, heh heh. Same thing with the post quality. The only use for that I see is if someone is leaving spam or hateful messages, but I suppose the mods could sort that out instead.

I'm a recent member and when I first joined I was worried that the star rating was a BIG DEAL and hoped no one would give me half a star. :P

Paranoia, thy name is Quark.

It's a big deal to me, since I care too much about what people think of me, even if they are imaginary online people that I'll never meet. *sniffles*

I guess I'm paranoid too. hehe :)

Awwwwww *huggles* You are too kind, thank you!

It's a big deal to me, since I care too much about what people think of me, even if they are imaginary online people that I'll never meet. *sniffles*

Thank you. :)

And no, no-one thinks bad of you. There are just some jealous people lurking here and there :shiftyeyes_anim: , who give low stars rate who ever they are envious of.

Don't worry, I am with you! :laughingsmiley:

I didn't even know we had those. Oh well, clearly they don't have much significance to me...

That's what I think. Don't bother, at all. just Live and Laugh. 0:)

I don't think it's a big deal. I don't stress over it. I don't actually really pay attention to it often. Just like you can rate pets on Neopets. It doesn't hurt anything, and I think most people realize that regardless of what it says, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

I think user ratings are kinda dumb. The only time I rate a user is if I really like their posts. Any member here should ignore the star votes and decide themselves who are good posters and who they like imo.

I wonder what would happen if post rating was enabled. haha

They aren't really useful but I assume they come along with the board we are based on. I agree that seeing 1 star on your profile doesn't cheer anyone up, so I agree with you there. To make your profile a bit nicer, I gave you 5 stars :)

It is not a big deal to anyone on this forum for as far as I am concerned.

I completely agree. If someone is annoyed by us, they very well might give us a low rating, and that may be a factor in how certain others determine us.... interesting... Now I'm paranoid also! :sad02:

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I honestly believe that the majority of people on the forums wouldn't even pretend to judge someone by the star rating. A good number might not even notice them in the first place. When I'm looking at someone's profile, I don't even think to look at the rating, even though I know it's there.

There isn't always a choice as far as the forum features because of the forum base and format. Although the whole point is to give these "jealous cows" bad ratings so that the rest of the forum can see this.

Hypothetically, if some jealous cow gave a one star rating it would be appropriate to give them a one star rating.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I honestly believe that the majority of people on the forums wouldn't even pretend to judge someone by the star rating. A good number might not even notice them in the first place. When I'm looking at someone's profile, I don't even think to look at the rating, even though I know it's there.

Agreed. When I first joined I was quite confused at first.

I always give 5 stars to every profile I view, even though I have no idea who he/she is. Still, I just can't stop myself 5 staring someone. :laughingsmiley:

Agreed. When I first joined I was quite confused at first.

I always give 5 stars to every profile I view, even though I have no idea who he/she is. Still, I just can't stop myself 5 staring someone. :laughingsmiley:

I usually give out 5 stars too, if I remember when I'm on someone's profile. I just forget it's there most of the time.

I usually give out 5 stars too, if I remember when I'm on someone's profile. I just forget it's there most of the time.

I didn't know what it was at first. I thought that only mods or staff members could rate users. :laughingsmiley: Silly. But I have got it now. :yes:

:mellow: i allways give 5 stars to people no matter who the heck theyare. how can u even see ur rating people give u???????

It shows it right on my profile :)

As for people not liking me because they don't know me - yep, you have a point, but...while you're saying "so what if people who don't know you don't like you," I'm saying "How come people who don't know me don't like me?! Waaaaah"

See, it's the same conclusion, but with different attitudes about it! :D

And because I can't handle the rejection, I move that we just ban them all! Yessss