An innovative methodology of scoring with the Faerie Yooyu

lucian94

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put it, or it's already been discovered, but I just tried something and it worked:

As you know, the Faerie Yooyu accelerates to very high speeds if shot along the vertical axis. Such a high speed, in fact, that it can bounce off multiple walls and still retain a good deal of speed. So I thought, could you use that speed to score? The answer is YES. After some experiementation and practice, I can get a goal almost every time by approaching, at an almost perpendicular angle, the upper flag/banner which is hung on the wall of the opposing side, and then shooting it. If done correctly (which takes some practice), it should bounce off the lower wall and enter the goal at a very shallow angle, right behind the keeper! Thoughts?

I don't think I understand this. Maybe a diagram would help but also I may just be dumb. I seem to have issues with scoring with the faerie/mutant yooyus and I tried what I thought you meant but it was not close to working so I'm guessing here that I did not comprehend.

That is actually what I did (with a bit of modification) since last year's YYB... I will provide a diagram in a few minutes...

EDIT: Put you mouse/pointer on the the corner of the wall (on the orange circle) then wait until the faerie yooyu is on that red line... then shoot! it will move at high speed past in-front of the goal keeper and will enter the net on the other side...

EDIT2: diagram with trajectory few post below...

yyb.jpg

It might be pushing it, but i would definitely need to see a trajectory for that Yooyu too... call me dimwitted if you will o_O i just do much better with diagrams... 'words are meaningless and forgettable' haha :P

In my case, scoring with a mutant Yooyu is done the same way as with a normal one... And if it decides to be Darigan or Faerie, i catch it and try again xD

Put you mouse/pointer on the the corner of the wall (in the orange circle) then wait until the faerie yooyu is on that red line... then shoot! it will move at high speed past in-front of the goal keeper (green circle) and will enter the net on the other side (trajectory is the blue line)...

yybv.jpg

In all of the 9 games I have played (and won), I have never gotten a Faerie Yooyu! Now I want one! What is special about it?

It shoots stupidly in an arc which I can never seem to predict properly. Hopefully this will help me make them in finally. I'm going to try this out today and let you know if I can handle it <_<

It shoots stupidly in an arc which I can never seem to predict properly. Hopefully this will help me make them in finally. I'm going to try this out today and let you know if I can handle it <_<

Thanks. Now I don't want one. :D However I would like to see one in my game because they are so cute. It would be awesome if they released one a a petpet this year!

Holla! I tried it and after some practice, I am now scoring with the faire yooyu on the first or second try. Thanks! This is seriously improving my scores. Now if I could just get the mutant and daragan one down... :whistle:

That diagram shows the correct position to throw the Yooyu, but I actually point it at the wall so I rockets all the way down and then back up towards the goal.

It will lose momentum once it hit the bottom wall (I've tried that last year). This one is what i came up after several experiments...

OFF TOPIC: Woah!!! Double Shenkuu ninja awesomeness!?!?

ON TOPIC: This is the only Yooyu I have problems with. Hopefully this trick works.

I knew someone will love the multiplication-jutsu! Tell me if it works for you..

This seems like a lot of work lol I just run straight at the goalie and then shoot. The YYB curves around him and in.

SCORES!

i use the way in the TDN guide, it works wonders

I agree that the TDN guide was the easiest.. but I'm having problem if the defender formation is 3+1 or 1+3 so I used this instead and i never had problems with a fearie yooyu ever again.. :)

Holla! I tried it and after some practice, I am now scoring with the faire yooyu on the first or second try. Thanks! This is seriously improving my scores. Now if I could just get the mutant and daragan one down... :whistle:

I'm glad i could help you... :) For the darigan yooyu, use our TDN guide. For the muttant yooyu, just shoot it like a normal yooyu, and 60% of the time it will go straight.. if it behaves like a faerie, just wish it curves in and enter, if it behaves like a darigan yooyu, just catch it then shoot it again...

actually it's easy if it's 1+3 or 3+1

what you do is swerve around the two players guarding the net,and then once you're lined up with the net, just shoot it

actually it's easy if it's 1+3 or 3+1

what you do is swerve around the two players guarding the net,and then once you're lined up with the net, just shoot it

I see.. I am not just used to tackling them head on so i prefer this.. :P

Put you mouse/pointer on the the corner of the wall (in the orange circle) then wait until the faerie yooyu is on that red line... then shoot! it will move at high speed past in-front of the goal keeper (green circle) and will enter the net on the other side (trajectory is the blue line)...

That looks awesome :D Gonna try it out too, thanks! Though I'm still concerned about going around that player that will be by the top - they're always so rude and pushy!

Thanks. Now I don't want one. :D However I would like to see one in my game because they are so cute. It would be awesome if they released one a a petpet this year!

Not so cute once they eat away 45 seconds of your darn time! :grrr:

I have often had the good chance to get the 14 goals and then... Faerie Yooyu. I shoot, miss (what BlackJag said, 3+1 and 1+3 are evil!) and then the opponent gets the ball. I try to take it from them, they struggle, they shoot, miss, I take the ball, by this point I am thinking "Score in your own net, whatever, just GET IT OUT OF HERE!!!" but noo, the opponents are rushing back at me to STOP me from doing this, and once they get the ball the history repeats itself. :sad01_anim:

Darigan anything may get the 'bad boy' image, considering the origins... but the truly evil ones tend to come from Faerieland.

Not so cute once they eat away 45 seconds of your darn time! :grrr:

Darigan anything may get the 'bad boy' image, considering the origins... but the truly evil ones tend to come from Faerieland.

I completely agree - the faerie ball is far more evil than the darigan ball! I have now managed to get it in using this method though so I'll just keep trying and practicing!

That looks awesome :D Gonna try it out too, thanks! Though I'm still concerned about going around that player that will be by the top - they're always so rude and pushy!

Try to bait them first then just go around him (once you pass him there is no need to worry) then assume the require position (orange circle).

I completely agree - the faerie ball is far more evil than the darigan ball! I have now managed to get it in using this method though so I'll just keep trying and practicing!

Congrats! practice hard and fight well! :)