I challenge you, Altador Cup Supporters!

Hey, as some of you may know, I am one of the Altador Cup coverage team here at the Daily Neopets.

As an avid player of the Altador Cup, I wanted to give everyone who is willing to accept, a challenge

for this year's cup. It won't be easy, and it will take lots of determination, dedication and sleep deprivation. :P

Here's the challenge: Get to Rank All-star or above, while playing ONLY Shootout Showdown.

It's probably been done before, however I definately want to try, and I want to see if other people

wanted to try as well.

Here are some quick facts:

• You'll need to play 24,000 games of SoSD to reach All-star
  • That's only about 750 games per day, if you play every single day of the Altador Cup.
  • If you score approximately 1000 points for each game, that's 750,000 points for your
    team each day, just from you! That's massive!
  • You must score at least 650 points each game for it to count towards your rank.

Now just remember, once you start this, it will be hard to go back. It will be difficult

to make it to all-star if you quit playing SoSD when the cup is more than half done. Just stick with it,

be ready and have fun.

Neomail me on Neopets at Neopiantownsman, post here, or drop me a PM here on the forums if you'd like to take part.

Thanks, and good luck

Kyle

Wow... this certainly looks like it will be interesting to follow! Not that I'm volunteering that is - SoSD is not a game I'm good at. xD

Um, how long would it take to play 750 games of SoSD? Seriously.

Umm, well, you only get 60 seconds to play the game but I think most people probably don't take the whole time but if you did that would be 750 minutes which is about 12 1/2 hours. I tend to take around 15 seconds per game so that would come out to about 187 minutes which is just over 3 hours. I don't think I personally will be able to play solely SoSD but I do think I will be playing a lot of it.

Well, it only takes me about 5-6 seconds if I score all 5 goals consecutively.

I calculated giving 3 seconds for sending score and restart so for me 750 games will only

take about 100 minutes. An hour and forty minutes isn't too bad.

bahaha, IF you score all 5 goals consecutively. I'm sorry, I just find this idea hysterical. Sure, you'll win bragging rights, but...at what cost?! :laughingsmiley:

Well, it only takes me about 5-6 seconds if I score all 5 goals consecutively.

I calculated giving 3 seconds for sending score and restart so for me 750 games will only

take about 100 minutes. An hour and forty minutes isn't too bad.

Hmm. Even if I play every game flawlessly, 100 minutes is a long time to spend playing SoSD. I don't know if I will be doing this challenge. It's an interesting idea, though, especially since I like SoSD and I hate Yooyuball.

This is an interesting challenge, but my challenge this year is just to get a rank - I'd never played properly before last year (although I picked a team the year before), and I didn't really get how it worked so I didn't even get a rank...this year I'm determined to get a decent rank and actually work for my team! I think this probably means playing everything, but probably focusing on slushie slinger and shootdown with some yooyuball as I'm not very good at it!

This is impossible!!! But good luck! SOSD is the easiest game I think so it shouldnt be as hard as the same challenge only with YB....now THAT would be hard.

This is impossible!!! But good luck! SOSD is the easiest game I think so it shouldnt be as hard as the same challenge only with YB....now THAT would be hard.

Playing with YYB to get to all-star is what people do anyway.

@Cornflakes, do as you choose, however it's a goal that I want to accomplish.

And thanks for the goodlucks b)

No, I would think trying to get all of the way with Slushie Slinger would definitely be the hardest out of the four games. THAT is something I would never attempt.