Abandoned attic is annoying

Secre

I've snagged a couple of items so far. I'm still not very good at it, and the broken scroll wheel on my mouse really isn't helping either. I just try to click quickly on something, and hope the confirmation box comes up. If it does, I quickly hit 'enter' and hope I got it. I'm still having more failures than successes, though.

I just got an item from there for the first time!

It's only worth about 5k though (and I paid just over 1K).

I just clicked on the first thing I saw, haha.

EDIT:

It just restocked again and I got two more items, worth like 1.2K and 4K. :laughingsmiley:

hm, I'm not sure it's worth it at this point. It's hard not knowing what you're gonna click on...

Do the items really go that quickly? Is it really just clicking on something and hoping for the best?...

I have no idea how the attic works. Do you have to haggle, or do you just pay the price it says to pay?

You don't get to haggle. I find that unless you click blindly, you won't get anything. Even then you may not.

That's been my experience as well. That's why I was excited today when I was actually able to buy something!

Wow. I just got all five items in one restock. That was crazy.

I can't even get two most of the time. That was really great luck. Or skill. Or both.

Well, I just RSed five things in one go now. o_O I'm not sure how it happened, but I ended up getting three of the same item. Too bad it isn't worth much.

ohh noo I tried the abandoned attic for the first time today. This is gonna be an obsession, isn't it? ;_;

The Almost Abandoned Attic will almost absolutely be an obsession! It's every bit as addictive as Kadoatie feeding.

Autobuyers spoil the fun =/

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Autobuyers? What do you mean by that?

Autobuyers are programs that people use to quickly restock items from shops. As soon as the shop restocks, the program will automatically buy specific items, without the person having to click on the item and confirm. Using autobuyers is definitely cheating, and it is a freezable offence.

Autobuyers are programs that people use to quickly restock items from shops. As soon as the shop restocks, the program will automatically buy specific items, without the person having to click on the item and confirm. Using autobuyers is definitely cheating, and it is a freezable offence.

Ah. Is this usually caught quickly, or are there so many that people get away with it for a bit? Is it always a problem?

Ah. Is this usually caught quickly, or are there so many that people get away with it for a bit? Is it always a problem?

Autobuyers have long been a problem on Neopets. Some of the people using them quickly get caught, while others seem to get away with it for a while if they are a bit more smart about how they use them (not buying the rarest, most expensive things all the time). Of course, there are also a number of people who get frozen who aren't actually using an autobuyer, but their restocking behaviour makes it look like they might be.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my first unbuyable from the attic!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a book - Do It Yourself Bobbleheads.

EDIT:

The attic must have started to slow down a bit. I just got four items in one restock. :guiltysmiley: (No UBs.)