Trading help

Secre

I have never had the luck to have my hands on an item expensive enough for me to be panicking about being done on them. However due my NT win I have a Grey Paint Brush which I have just had a heart attack when I found out it's worth 3.8 million np.

So far I've had one question asking if I accept items to which I responded yes.

And an offer of adding to a Darigan Grundo Morphing Potion.

So, my question is what sort of items should I be accepting? What is resaleable? Help!?

Here is my opinion on selling something expensive. If they have an item that is worth what you are asking have them sell it and give you pure. Most of the time people "overpay" in items but they are so hard to sell that it is almost never worth it to me. That being said i would say just go for the pure don't accept items unless they are something you want for say your gallery.

Ok, now this is going to sound like a stupid question! How do I use auction? Can I set a minimum price (I don't want it to go for something stupid!)? How long should I set the auction up for? And if the general going rate is anywhere between 3.8-4mil what would you suggest I put the minimum price in for (if I can put in a minimum price)?

Sorry, I've only ever used my shop and the Trading Post before.

Ok, now this is going to sound like a stupid question! How do I use auction? Can I set a minimum price (I don't want it to go for something stupid!)? How long should I set the auction up for? And if the general going rate is anywhere between 3.8-4mil what would you suggest I put the minimum price in for (if I can put in a minimum price)?

Sorry, I've only ever used my shop and the Trading Post before.

I've recently started doing auctions some... you can set the minimum price to whatever you want, and you also set the bidding increment and time for the auction. I wouldn't put the minimum price too low... what a lot of people do is set the minimum price and bidding increment so that they add to the value of the item (for instance, if you wanted 3.8 mil, you could set the minimum price to 3.7 mil and bidding increment to 100,000 NP, Or 3.75 mil and 50,000... I think with lower bidding increments you're more likely to get more than one bid). If you do it this way, you're guaranteed to get whatever your minimum asking price is. Sometimes these don't sell though if the final price is too high.

I think a longer auction time would be good as well.

Someone else might have a better idea of what increments sell the best.

You could also do a search with the auction genie to see what other users set up. I did one just now and found seven auctions.

Also, you could put it up on the trading post and offer to set up an auction for interested users.

I've never sold an item that expensive before though - this is just what I've seen for items like that.

Good luck!

Thanks, I've put it in a one day auction at 3.55 mil minimum and the increment to 100k. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best! If it doesn't work I'll put it down to 3.45 mil min...

I've only ever sold items worth about 200k or so before! Complete lack of experience with things out of TP range!

If you do decide to go back to the Trading Post, a lot of people will accept Baby Paint Brushes + the 800 000 max in pure you can send through the trading post. If you write "online now" in the request box, you can usually sell Baby Paint Brushes quickly - sometimes within minutes.

I don't know if you're doing the auctions or sticking with trade, but for trade, it's better to stick to pure NP and ETS items. Darigan Grundo Morphing Potion doesn't sound like one. :P

Complete! First auction failed. Second one worked! Sold for 3.5 million! I've just wandered off to offer on a Fire Fire Pants on Fire Paint Brush! Always wanted a Fire Uni!

Thanks for the help!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.