The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranger was challenging, especially the last few necessary captures. I can't play download missions due to wifi issues though, so I have no drive to play 2 or 3 :(

I found Pokemon Ranger really weird and boring

That's the big thing. It was boring.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was definitely different. Playing as a Pokemon just changed up the whole play as a person layout.

Mystery Dungeon was good. I only bothered to get Blue Rescue Team though.

Rescue team and ranger are games that I would have to be in the mood to play. I don't know if anyone else understand what I mean. XD

Pokemon Snap is the best spinoff. Period. :yes:

Oh, you only played the first? They fixed the biggest problem with it in 2. In 1, you had to get a set number of loops. In 2 (and 3), Pokemon have "friend bars" that fill as you loop, and they'll stay like that if you have to lift your stylus or if you get hit. They start going down slowly after a while, but they remain still if you can even get one loop in every so often in a long attack. Also, you gain experience which lengthens your capture line and increases the amount you add to the friend bars with a single loop. It's a much, much better system, far superior to Ranger 1's.

I only enjoyed Ranger 1. Ranger 2 was actually exciting. 3 should be awesome. x3

I'm currently playing 2. It was wicked cool at the start, now it's getting long and boring, with quests etc. It's really long xD So I went back to HG, since I retrieved my Haunter from the GTS. Actually, i didn't retrieve it... yeah :/ But I have a Golbat *always forget the name*

Also, I can start breeding my Bayleef for Chikorita is anyone wants :*

Also, Ranger 3 looks great! That Flying Route <3 I like the benefits Anime mentioned on the last page :) Actually, the screenies of Ranger 3 from Serebii got me interested in Ranger again. I borrowed a friend's Ranger 1 but got stuck on that darn Steelix and quit xD

See :P I beat every mission on ranger 1, which shows much more skill than playing 2 or 3. :P The challenge of 1 was the best. The Steelix was a hard, but not as hard as dragonite, charizard, or mew. If I remember correctly there was also a hard deoxys mission.

R3 was out in Japan just before 5th gen was announced. It's still a 4th gen game. If there's an R4, it'll have them. Of course, any new Ranger is still a couple years off. Next on the spin off list is a new MD set for 5th gen.

And there's no chance for any WiFi 5th gen. The game doesn't have sprites for them.

Mystery Dungeon was good. I only bothered to get Blue Rescue Team though.

Yeah. I just realised I only have Blue Rescue Team.

Ranger was too hard, especially on the harder levels, with Charizard (I forget what mission).

Charizard is where I got stuck at first and had to come back a long while alter to complete it. That's why R2's system is so much better- you can take a hit witohut resetting the loop count.

Maybe I'm the only person that likes to play games that seem impossible. XD

Not really. When I find a really hard game, I tend to keep trying for hours on end. I tend to believe that it's a test of my abilities as a gamer, so I always HAVE to beat it.

The only reason I didn't do that with Ranger is because I don't like the game. My brother however does, so I let him have it.

Not really. When I find a really hard game, I tend to keep trying for hours on end. I tend to believe that it's a test of my abilities as a gamer, so I always HAVE to beat it.

The only reason I didn't do that with Ranger is because I don't like the game. My brother however does, so I let him have it.

You must be a great brother!

Haha, I gave up on Pokemon Ranger after the Deoxys mission.

So I picked up my copy of R3, and got a little something else you guys will love.... THe US BW release date! April 2nd, 2011. That's a Saturday. And I got this stright from the GameStop computers, so it's 100% accurate.

April 2nd. That's what the guy at GameStop told me, and he looked it up on their game database. Also, as a note, GameStop is taking preorders for it. I'm ordering mine from the one near my house this weekend. R3 was $35, so $40 sounds about right for BW. I think Pt was $40.

I'm assuming there's probably going to be a stand at the Armageddon Expo (NZ's version of Comicon). Any trailers out as of yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget everyone! From October 15 to October 30th is the Mew Event where people can get Mew on their HeartGold and SoulSilver games through wifi!

It will be at lvl. 5 and only know pound. The first with a special ribbon and a great pokemon overall :3 *hugs her Mew*