Trading?

Crail

I've never needed to use anything other than my shop but I have a few things I've been meaning to sell for a long time that are over the limit. I tried using the trading post but quickly I got some weird offers and I learned pretty fast that I had no idea what I was doing. :laughingsmiley: I guess my first question would be, should I use the auction house or the trading post? I've never done any trading outside of my shop and I have no clue if one is better than the other. I have an okay idea on the prices for what I have but some suggestions would be great. I'm a little nervous about this! Thank you!

Currently I am not sure what to do with: Rainbow Negg Plushie, Treasure Seekers (neocard), and a Secret Lab map piece that I see up on the trading post around 160-200k.

Either way is a good way to get rid of the more expensive items in my opinion. I'm not sure if this is what you did or not but here is my suggestion. For the trading post: be specific in your wishlist like if you want pure neopoints or a certain item(s). You'll always get ridiculous offers I just reject them. And don't let people beg for items for less than what they're worth its not fair. and begging isn't nice. As for the auction house what I do is put my item(s) up for a 1 or 2 hour auction with an increase of 1 np. It may take a few auctions but most of the time it only takes an hour for someone to bid. Good luck and hopw this helps you out!

Personally, I prefer the trading post.

For quick-ish sells, just put each of those things in a separate lot and then on the wishlist part, state specifically the amount of NP or whatever item it is you want for your item. You're bound to get junk offers, either ignore those or just reject them straight away.

If you really want them to sell fast, recreate the trades every once in a while.

The auctions, to me, are a little risky. Depending on when you put up an item up for auctioning, you could make more than what it's worth, or you could make less, depending on the # of people looking at the auctions at any given time and the # of those that want your item.

^ The above is completely my opinion though. ^

Thanks for the replies! I'll have to try out the trading post again but this time be more specific on pricing. I've got to get used to it if I want a draik! :D

Slightly off my topic but when did they go up in price? That seems like a really high amount to me! Could just be me though. :worried:

It took me a while to get used to the TP as well, but it's a brilliant neopets resource and providing you are specific about what you want will work very well. You will always get stupid offers, but just hold out for the offer you want.

I don't think I've ever sold anything through the auctions, to be completely honest. I just use the Trading Post now. Some items will take a while to sell, depending on the demand for the item (I can get rid of a Baby Paint Brush in ten minutes, but I've had that Pumpkin Club in the trades for five months with no luck so far). Just be patient, and make sure you look closely at what is being offered before accepting it. Sometimes people will drop a zero (offer 15 000 instead of 150 000) hoping you won't notice. Also, I didn't know this for a long time, but you can only offer 800 000 neopoints on a trade. That means if you have something worth more, you can have someone e-mail you about it and you can put it in an auction for them, or you can do part items, part neopoints. Good luck selling your items!

I just use my shop for stuff within the Neopoints limit and Trading Post for stuff higher. Hardly ever use Auction House, except for borrowing a few TDN items for the avatars. I think more people use the Trading Post so chances are higher there, but then again, almost all offers I get are just plain ridiculous. You could end up not selling your stuff at all.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé).

The original topic had been answered.If any other member or the original poster wishes to question something else, please create a new topic. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.