I got frozen because it said I was hacked or scammed

Bliss

Well, my main - flash_back_guild - was frozen last Friday (March 13, 2010) and this is the message it gave me:

WARNING!

This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page. If you would like information on getting this account back, please contact us by clicking here.

Well, I send them the frozen report, and get an email back on Monday (the 15th). This is the response I got back:

Hello,

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, the information you provided does not match any in our records. If you cannot give us the correct info requested, we will not release any information about the account in question.

If you cannot provide: the correct birth date for this username, previous passwords in the account that only the person who created it would know, provide or write from the email address that created the account, list pet equipment, stocks you have bought, active trades or auctions you have, names on your Neofriends list, etc ... we will have to consider this issue closed.

If you have any other questions, don't forget to include the entire text of this e-mail with your username clearly at the top. This will help us better address your situation.

Charlotte

So I'm like 'What?!' Has this happened to anyone else? I really don't get why it said I didn't supply the right information when I know for a fact that I did.

Send them an email from the email on the account. If you bug them a lot they relent a little. It happens to a lot of people! Good luck! TNT has been really touchy lately. Hmmmm... I wonder why??

Send them an email from the email on the account. If you bug them a lot they relent a little. It happens to a lot of people! Good luck! TNT has been really touchy lately. Hmmmm... I wonder why??

The thing is, is that I had just came back from a hiatus 2 months prior to the freezing, and I have a bunch of e-mail addresses. So I'm not sure which one I used. Everything else should have been perfectly right besides that. I even told Charlotte that. I provided the necessary information as well as my PIN, a bunch of neofriend usernames, and things like previous passwords and such.

Yeah, I did notice they've become touchy with things. But to be thinking my account is suspicious? Kindof low, even for them. I just RS a lot of Neocola Tokens. I doubt that it why they froze me. Sucks though. I worked really hard. Traded a UC Faerie Yurble that I found in the pound for a Desert Krawk who I traded for a BD (HP of 535) Darigan Lupe. Grr! TNT, you can't do your jobs right!

*sigh* TNT's freezing spree continues. I suggest you- Wait, what's this?

I have a bunch of e-mail addresses. So I'm not sure which one I used.

That's one of the biggest problems. I use to have 3 Emails, and I kept track of everything. Then I got Windows 7 and lost 2 of them, but I can still remember what is what. One of the biggest problems is that you scattered all of your emails until you couldn't tell which had which. So part is on you, and part is on TNT.

That's all I have to say.

Also it's not April, so I don't know where you got the date.

Whoops! You're right. I'm a month a head of my self. XD

Well I got a new laptop (I was using my mothers desktop) and lost everything on there when she wiped the computer clean of all my records of anything. I'll just look through my e-mail again and see if I have e-mails about the other accounts. But I've looked before. -sigh-

Just in case the same thing happens to me I've just written down my BD equipment, stocks and neofriends - seems to be the safest way of ensuring a returned account as I wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of remembering all the details.

EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't very sympathetic - I hope you get your account back but these rather random freezings are starting to freak me out!

Whoops! You're right. I'm a month a head of my self. XD

Well I got a new laptop (I was using my mothers desktop) and lost everything on there when she wiped the computer clean of all my records of anything. I'll just look through my e-mail again and see if I have e-mails about the other accounts. But I've looked before. -sigh-

Like I said, my computer (which was really slow) had been cleaned out, and Vista got replaced with 7, I lost most of my passwords. I was able to remember most of them. If anything, do what my mother (may she rest in peace) used to do. Write down the passwords, and keep them in a place no one else could reach.

When my account got CGed last spring, I got the exact same initial response from TNT. Like you, I kind of panicked about it, afraid that I would NEVER get my account back. My advice is: don't give up!

Fill out the form again. Take your time, making sure you answer the questions as accurately as possible. Don't answer "I don't know;" if you don't have an answer, leave it blank. Check to make sure you have item names spelled correctly (use the jellyneo item database). Looking through the item database might also help you remember details, such as books your pet has read (not just the books given out by dailies that everyone has read), stamps in your album, etc. Ask your neofriends to help you brainstorm some of the details of your account.

Also, notice that you are asked if you can list some of your old passwords? Try really hard to remember these, if you can. Check through your old emails for those "changed password" automated messages you sometimes get, because then you will also be able to provide the dates that you changed your password.

You will probably get your account back, but it might take a couple of tries filling in the form. Best wishes!

When my account got CGed last spring, I got the exact same initial response from TNT. Like you, I kind of panicked about it, afraid that I would NEVER get my account back. My advice is: don't give up!

Fill out the form again. Take your time, making sure you answer the questions as accurately as possible. Don't answer "I don't know;" if you don't have an answer, leave it blank. Check to make sure you have item names spelled correctly (use the jellyneo item database). Looking through the item database might also help you remember details, such as books your pet has read (not just the books given out by dailies that everyone has read), stamps in your album, etc. Ask your neofriends to help you brainstorm some of the details of your account.

Also, notice that you are asked if you can list some of your old passwords? Try really hard to remember these, if you can. Check through your old emails for those "changed password" automated messages you sometimes get, because then you will also be able to provide the dates that you changed your password.

You will probably get your account back, but it might take a couple of tries filling in the form. Best wishes!

Thank you! Yeach, I'm still thinking, and looking around my e-mail accounts, but nothing has popped up. I'll just keep looking though. Something may turn up.

same thing happened to me. 8.5 yrs. lost my krawk, 16 mil np and over 15 pbs some are almost impossible to get anymore. got my acct back but minus my stuff and charlotte never answered my request to get it back bc i gave my pass out according to np. never did. never spoke with anyone except my guild. im sick.

Man, I really sympathise with you. I got keylogged during my vacation in Jan when I was using my aunt's laptop (her laptop was compromised). It was fortunate that I managed to keep my main intact, but I lost 2 of my sides initially until I mailed the hacker on one of my sides and he was decent enough to return my account to me as he didn't neo. As for the other side, I managed to guess my way in :).

TNT was really unhelpful when I mailed them about the issue before I got my accounts back. They never replied, and when they replied, they said that I'd given the wrong info too (exact same reply as yours). My friend was CGed (celticheavens on these forums), and she never even got a reply from them despite sending multiple reports.

Gd luck getting your account back! I really feel your pain :(

Same Here. I was real worried that I lost it for good. I sent a request once but they denied it, then I sent another one with more detail and they finally unfroze it before I gave up

What does CG stand for?

Man, all these stories of accounts being frozen makes me a little scared. I mean, I don't break any neo rules and I have pins for everything, but it seems like others that do the same have still had accounts frozen. :crying: I'd probably quit neo.

I had an account about nine years ago and stopped going on neo for a while. When I came back to neopets two years ago, it was gone/deleted, so I created a new account with the same username.

Starting over would be no fun.

CG means cookie grabber,if my memory serves right.It's a page that if you click it,will "grab" your cookies,which contain your saved passwords.It's useless to delete your cookies AFTER you visited the page,because it already grabbed your cookies.Indeed it would be no fun starting over,knowing that you already earned a lot of things..

I haven't ever been frozen.but I don't see why I would ever be frozen. I got hacked once,but then the only thing it did was put in weird items in my inventory.That person didn't steal in any way, which I find weird.

Good luck getting your account back and I agree with most of the posts here. Keep a record of your account information. For some reason on my account my birthdate got changed for some reason or maybe i accidently entered it in wrong but I have it all written down so I know. Once again good luck!

• 2 weeks later...