More Vampires anyone...?

Maryyam

40 members have voted

1. 1. More Vampires?

• NO MORE I SAY, THEY'VE SUCKED ME DRY!
    • Mhm...Could've cared less...
    • Vampires=♥ of my life
    • my dream is to grow up and marry a vampire

i don't hate Twilight itself. I just hate how overrated it is and the annoying fans. I actually read Twilight and New Moon. And saw the movies. Didn't like the movies, but the books were pretty good.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am SUCH a dweeb! I actually went to the midnight release of the New Moon DVD. Surprisingly, I wasn't the only one, the geekiest OR the OLDEST ONE there lol

There was this one woman (woman, not child or teenager), she had twilight written on her jeans & jacket, an Edward T-Shirt, a Bella, Edward and Jacob pin (one for each), had her Twilight movie with her, their Barbie dolls...AND THE BOOKS.

Guess people are excited for their vampireTwilight fix! :laughingsmiley:

There was this one woman (woman, not child or teenager), she had twilight written on her jeans & jacket, an Edward T-Shirt, a Bella, Edward and Jacob pin (one for each), had her Twilight movie with her, their Barbie dolls...AND THE BOOKS.

One of the biggest reasons I hate Twilight. The fangirls that take the books/movies wayyyy out of preportions.

One of the biggest reasons I hate Twilight. The fangirls that take the books/movies wayyyy out of preportions.

I do too CAV. People like that drive me crazy. Just be glad you missed the Boy Band years. :laughingsmiley: Talk about fangirls....

I was born in 96. I was alive during that time. I remember, 5 years old. And people were screaming about N'Sync and Backstreet Boys all around me. It was annoying.

I knew you were alive at that time, but it's hard to get the whole gravity of it at that age, is what I meant. I was in my teens at that point. :rolleyes_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first of all, What do you mean, OVER THE HARRY POTTER FEVER? *cough* :D

On topic:

I'm actually a fan of the books, and not the movies. That could be just because I like to read, but you have to admit that the movies were kind of low-budget for such big blockbusters.

And I just want to add that a lot of the fanbase for twilight has shifted. A year before, or something like that, it was "cool" to like Twlight, now, it's just as "cool", if not more, to NOT like Twilight. Hardcore fans will probably always stay fans, but many people stopped liking it after a while.

Oh and on that note, I read in the news, I think for the second movie, some random dude went to a movie theatre that was playing New Moon and then BIT this random girl that was just coming out from the movie theatre. Actually BIT. <== that is just crazy. *sigh*

I like vampires think they're cool... but i also love Harry Potter too! you said it took over the whole Harry Potter thing, not really I know plenty of people who still prefer Harry Potter over Twilight and vampires, I'm just that weird person in the middle ^_^

I read all the Twilight books, I was bedridden and bored. If my mom hadn't practically shoved it in my face telling me it was good, I never would have picked one up. But I read all of them, so I feel I am entitled to the opinion that they were...well I don't want to say terrible, but childish and felt like someone wrote down all the cliches they could possibly think of for teen books and shoved them all into one series.

I mean if you are 12-14 they would probably be pretty decent, but anyone who has called them a classic must not know how to read. They are bland, predictable. I don't know if you could fit a whole lot more teenage angst into one book.

I've always enjoyed vampire books and movies, when I came across them. Really like the Interview with a Vampire movie, and some of the other smaller ones from that storyline. But I could not get into the books. I think Vampire Diaries is about as ridiculous as Twilight, at least Bella was believable as a teenager, unlike the mid twenty something main character of VD. I enjoy TruBlood though, I think its a good mesh between 'traditional' vampires, and the romance thing.

Oh, I don't know how I could forget this until now. The first few books of Twilight are like what I said above..the last one however? Meyers...I can't think of a forum appropriate word for my feelings right now. She wanted to create a role model for young girls, and look where here character ended up?! It is repulsive, and she should be unbelievably ashamed of herself for condoning that behaviour by writing it into her book. I don't care if it was to make the story interesting, it was unnecessary and extremely inappropriate.

Arg, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to force themselves to finish the series. I'm sure you could google it if you really wanted to know what happens. I just think of all the things I hear about the girls a few years younger than me in high school, and the things I'm hearing about girls my own age now a few years later...and have to shake my head. While it is not Meyer's fault, she could not possibly have helped the ever growing problem with her book. I have no problem with fantasy, with sci-fi, vampires, any of that. I really enjoy it. However, I do have a problem with promoting that behaviour and outcome.

(It isn't the 'behaviour' you are probably thinking of that I take issue with, its the lack of proper (any) education on the subject. Here, at least, we are taught about how to behave responsibly in that situation, and approach it as an adult with the proper precautions)

not really I know plenty of people who still prefer Harry Potter over Twilight and vampires.

*raises hand* I'm one of them. I own all 7 books, and all 6 films.

I read all the Twilight books, I was bedridden and bored. If my mom hadn't practically shoved it in my face telling me it was good, I never would have picked one up. But I read all of them, so I feel I am entitled to the opinion that they were...well I don't want to say terrible, but childish and felt like someone wrote down all the cliches they could possibly think of for teen books and shoved them all into one series.

I mean if you are 12-14 they would probably be pretty decent, but anyone who has called them a classic must not know how to read. They are bland, predictable. I don't know if you could fit a whole lot more teenage angst into one book.

I've always enjoyed vampire books and movies, when I came across them. Really like the Interview with a Vampire movie, and some of the other smaller ones from that storyline. But I could not get into the books. I think Vampire Diaries is about as ridiculous as Twilight, at least Bella was believable as a teenager, unlike the mid twenty something main character of VD. I enjoy TruBlood though, I think its a good mesh between 'traditional' vampires, and the romance thing.

Oh, I don't know how I could forget this until now. The first few books of Twilight are like what I said above..the last one however? Meyers...I can't think of a forum appropriate word for my feelings right now. She wanted to create a role model for young girls, and look where here character ended up?! It is repulsive, and she should be unbelievably ashamed of herself for condoning that behaviour by writing it into her book. I don't care if it was to make the story interesting, it was unnecessary and extremely inappropriate.

Arg, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to force themselves to finish the series. I'm sure you could google it if you really wanted to know what happens. I just think of all the things I hear about the girls a few years younger than me in high school, and the things I'm hearing about girls my own age now a few years later...and have to shake my head. While it is not Meyer's fault, she could not possibly have helped the ever growing problem with her book. I have no problem with fantasy, with sci-fi, vampires, any of that. I really enjoy it. However, I do have a problem with promoting that behaviour and outcome.

(It isn't the 'behaviour' you are probably thinking of that I take issue with, its the lack of proper (any) education on the subject. Here, at least, we are taught about how to behave responsibly in that situation, and approach it as an adult with the proper precautions)

Thank you for saying all that I believe.

Thank you for saying all that I believe.

you're welcome :P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Quotes and smileys do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I will not deny, I do enjoy Twilight on occasion, the books and movies (hec, I currently have a Twilight-themed userlookup and I love both movie soundtracks). None of that annoys me. Well, not true. Even though Bella kind of reminds me of myself (the way she looks, her clumsiness and her ability of not fitting in with the crowd), she turns into this whiny, immature girl who must get her way. That's not me at all (unless I'm in a playful mood). Jacob annoys the crap out of my in Eclipse. Edward sort of annoys me too, and Rob annoys me a lot in the movies. And Carlisle gets on my nerves because I think he's a goodie-goodie. And Rosalie annoys me. Okay, so the majority of the characters in the series annoy me. Also, Bella and Edward's relationship is totally horrible. Bella is such a weakling and has to be saved by Edward every minute of the day. But I don't hate Twilight. Like I said, I enjoy it on occasion and in moderation.

What really bothers me are the countless girls who are obsessing over this series. It's not real, people! Find something else to do with your lives. I also get angry when I see little elementary school girls carrying around those books. There is a reason they're teen/adult fiction. That bothers me.

I don't have much against vamps in general except there always seems at least one extremely 'steamy' scene in every vamp book/movie I've looked at (not that I've looked at a lot). I hate reading about those kinds of things, and one aspect I like about Twilight is that Meyers keeps the details to a minimum. After reading the first two books of the House of Night series, I had to stop because there was just way too much for me, even though I really wanted to continue reading them. There was one chapter in Interview with the Vampire that I didn't like at all, even though I continued to read and finish the book (which I'm glad I did, cause there wasn't really any more after that point).

Slow clap to misslexilove. I hate Twilight because it's a glorification of an abusive relationship and the ending of the series sets feminism way way back. It's sad when young girls idealize it and sick when women do. The reason why so many can identify with Bella is because she's a blank slate, no personality, no feeling other than "ZOMG Edward do me", no goals. I'm grateful for anything that gets kids to read but the writing is so poor, it's a poor reflection on Meyers editors. There's wayy too much focus on sex (yes showing over and over again how they aren't doing it is still focusing on sex) for a young adult series. I don't approve of anything that shows sex as being bad, scary, while still being cool and forbidden.

Perhaps we need a separate Twilight thread, since this is more general vampire discussion?

On other vampires, I like Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles Stoker's Dracula I don't mind True Blood but I am a sucker for southern accents (but I must say Eric is my favorite). Vampires are supposed to be dangerous and sexual (in an uninhibited way) that's what makes the fantasy so good. Sanitizing the image ruins the symbolism and will be dissonant from the rest of vampire literature.

I am 15 years old but I am not a Twilight maniac, no I am not.

Twilight is okay. I am not like, "I hate Twilight more than anything!" or "Twilight! OMG! I love it!"

The book was okay.

Didn't liked much of the movie though.

But the most annoying is the Twilight Fan girls in my class. Ugh!

They always talk about it. Screaming and shouting about how amazing the movie was or how cute Edward (or Jacob) is.

I mean, why don't people get it? They are not real, just fictional characters.

My cousin sister is the BIGGEST twilight fan, believe me.

And all she does is only talk about it. *sighs*

That's when I officially started disliking Twilight.

But still I try to remain calm when it comes to twilight.

And guys, I prefer Harry Potter better than Twilight.

I know, it's unusual for a teen girl but sometimes it's hard to tolerate Twilight.

And J.K. Rowling is an amazing writer. Stephanie Meyer wasn't that amazing, though.

I don't consider those sparkly people from Twilight 'vampires'. Nosferatu/Dracula/Buffy vamps = vampires :yes:

But anywho this is just my opinion..

There was this vampire show on television in 2007/08 called 'Moonlight'. It aired on CBS, and it wasn't very popular. It was... kind of terrible, in a great way. It was very cheesy, the dialouge was nothing short of idiotic, and the special effects were badly done. I LOVED it. It was very campy, very 90s, the plot wasn't half-bad, and the vampires were... pretty badass. They had this whole white-blue eye thing going on. I always enjoyed the concept of vampires, especially after reading Dracula. I read Twilight... I really liked it in grade 7 or so, but I've re-read it since, and found that it lacked... depth I suppose. It just seemed really superficial, really empty. And the writing... <_< I like Carlisle

I still really love the concept of vampires, that whole dark, sexual vibe.

I guess I'm just a dumb consumer whore of a teenage girl -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I've always kind of liked vampires. I read a few vampire books, and was completely fascinated with how different people handled them. I even liked Twilight when I first read it.

But I can not deal with stuff when it becomes over exposed to the point of tee shirts and book bags. That's where I lose interest generally. Once something is crammed down my throat 24/7 I just hate seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you what I think of Vampires...

My life is about Vampires....

But, not today's vampires...I'll throw a match onto Edward the next time I see him:)

Today's vampires are being over drawn...I love vampires from Hellsing and Dracula...God, just the thought of these killing, bloodthirsty, sick, sadistic, and powerful creatures makes me shiver with wanting....I've always wondered what it'd be like to be an actual vampire...

I don't know what it is, whether it be their close relations to romance and strong appealing or just the darkness that is twisted and embedded in their shadows that makes me love them so, but whatever it is, I hope it never vanishes... Sadly though, with today's world, I'm afraid it will soon. There are very few people who at the mere mention of the word 'Vampire' don't go 'GawdEdwardissoooooosexyandIwanttomarryhimandsmotherhimandmakehimmychibivampire:D'. I think of blood....Lot's of blood drained by the fangs of an immortal. And I can only imagine that you all are thinking 'Oh my God, The Daily Neopets is for the Freak Show Vampire Psycho Murders...' But no, 'Tis only me saying what I believe is today's world. Anyway, I shall stop before I get into crap that would get me killed for saying on a PG13 forum...

PeaceLoveVampires

^,...,^

I like vampires.

By that I mean REAL vampires, not this 'sparkly vegan goody-goody romance' "vampires" I see everywhere. I mean Helsing, Dracula, Lestat, THOSE vampires are the real deal, they like being vampires(for the most part) and they're not virtually indestructible. A real vampire dies in the sun, can have a stake driven through it's heart and holy water scares the living bejeezus out of them. Oh, and silver hurts like a *****.

The whole Twilight/Vampire Diaries thing going on are not real vampires. their wanna-be's. Stephanie Meyer clearly never read a proper vampire book. She also doesn't know her human anatomy very well, as you kinda need a pulse to have sex when your a guy.

I was under the impression vampires were fine with silver - werewolves were against it. Also, Anne Rice's vampire, such as Lestat, were not affected by holy water or stakes, etc. They were virtually indestructible (at least to humans).

I'm only thirteen and i was forced to read all of the books by an overobsessive friend. *shudder* I could never figure out what was good about it, until I finished breaking dawn and I was like... "OMG... young children read these books! Why isn't anyone doing anything about it?" My little sister wanted to read them and I told her NO. I find that ever since Twilight came out, there have been soo many new releases of vampire books and movies. The vampires themselves is a pretty cool concept, with all the bloodsucking and night vs day and stuff... It's creepy but interesting. But with this new image of "Vampires are good guys and they are really attractive, blah blah blah..." I don't think it fits. "Classic" vampires are supposed to be evil, right?

I was under the impression vampires were fine with silver - werewolves were against it. Also, Anne Rice's vampire, such as Lestat, were not affected by holy water or stakes, etc. They were virtually indestructible (at least to humans).

The Vamp's in Blade were affected by silver, some don't do that though...and I know that Anne Rice had none of the holy water thing, but the Van Helsing ones did. (Man the Dracula in that movie was smexy!)I'm not saying ALL vampires must have precisely the same weaknesses, but virtually indestructible vamps just really get my flame up. What's the point in something if it cannot be destroyed?

But crystallll, your right, little kids are reading those books and the fourth is a bit on the inappropriate side. And her anatomy is way off, seeing as the male vamps shouldn't be able to get it up due to a lack of a pulse.

I think vampires are really, really cool; the bloodsucking thing and such is all awesome.

But now everyone's freaking out over Edward, who's NOT a real vampire! About twenty trillion girls want to marry him and it's getting annoying. xD I still think vampires are cool, just not Twilight vampires. :3