How long does the neopet fever last?

Maryyam

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been playing neopets?

• a week
    • less then a month
    • couple of months
    • over a year
    • hmm...when did i start? I'll get back to you on that one.

hi guy's i was wondering how long the neopet fever lasts. I started playing almost a year ago and since then i've lost my interest in neopets. I mean, it's not like i don't still come on the site and do the dailies etc. it's just that i used to be on neopets all the time before and now that I've got over 4 mil, lab ray, some avi's, and the works, it's juts not that interesting and the whole fever is dying down for me.

Do other users ever go through this?

Or do you have a specific routine that you do everyday for a certain amount of time?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same! I usually play Neopets for MONTHS and then I won't play for a while (maybe do some Dailies, but nothing more) and then I'll play for months again etc...

I created my account in May of 2002. (May this year, it will be 8 years.) I'm off and on. But usually, I'm very heavy into it for a few years, then off for a few months to a year, then on heavy for a few years. I think the longer I was gone, was about a year and a half, before I came back in July.

Same with me! It's just that I keep forgetting my password and username so I usually have to make a new account and lose everything I had on that one.

Seriously? xD hahah. You should write them down somewhere :)

My account will be 10 years old in June but I haven't played nearly that long. I signed up when neopets was just starting and there wasn't anything near all the stuff they have to do now. I basically just played games and that was it. After a year or two I forgot about it until 3 or 4 years later and again, just played for the games. I stopped about a year later when I went away to college, and didn't come back until around this time last year. It was kind of a shock to see how much new stuff there was and it has kept my interest. I think the events like daily dare and plots refresh everyones interest, even if they're frustrating at times x_x

My account will be 10 years old in June but I haven't played nearly that long. I signed up when neopets was just starting and there wasn't anything near all the stuff they have to do now. I basically just played games and that was it. After a year or two I forgot about it until 3 or 4 years later and again, just played for the games. I stopped about a year later when I went away to college, and didn't come back until around this time last year. It was kind of a shock to see how much new stuff there was and it has kept my interest. I think the events like daily dare and plots refresh everyones interest, even if they're frustrating at times x_x

that's so true, it there was a site event, i usually end up coming on just to participate. I had an account almost 6 years ago, but forgot the password and email address i used, when i contacted TNT about getting my password back, they just said that i should create a new account which is funny cause the old account is just taking up space on their site o_O;

anywho, i started again last year and was heavy on it, but now it's back to just minimum dailies

Seriously? xD hahah. You should write them down somewhere :)

Yeah, now I right them down in a draft in my email. I hope I don't forget my password to that!!! :rolleyes_anim:

Yeah, now I right them down in a draft in my email. I hope I don't forget my password to that!!! :rolleyes_anim:

lol, well, if you forget it, at least u remember your email address, my last account is years old, but i don';t remember the email address i used when i was so young :worried:

Yeah, I remember creating a lot of fake emailaddresses to make more accounts on Neo, but then I would forget them :P

But I'm older and smarter now and I'm just sticking to one account. :)

when i was 13 i made an account on neopets.. then my friends found out and teased me ad nauseum about it and i gave up neopets to be cool :P. Now i realize that i will never be cool like the those mean girls were (and thank goodness, mind you) and i created a new account.. have stuck to it for 2.5 years and proud :D

Yeah my boyfriend finds it 'cute' that I play Neopets. He doesn't really think it's childish, but he doesn't find it very mature either. Lots and lots of older people play Neopets (like my mom!).

When I was 11 or 12 my classmates thought it was childish as well. But then again, they were boys and since there was no shooting or anything involved, I guess it figures :P

when i was 13 i made an account on neopets.. then my friends found out and teased me ad nauseum about it and i gave up neopets to be cool :P. Now i realize that i will never be cool like the those mean girls were (and thank goodness, mind you) and i created a new account.. have stuck to it for 2.5 years and proud :D

Me too!! This same exact thing happened, but now I still play and they are fine with it.

Yeah my boyfriend finds it 'cute' that I play Neopets. He doesn't really think it's childish, but he doesn't find it very mature either. Lots and lots of older people play Neopets (like my mom!).

When I was 11 or 12 my classmates thought it was childish as well. But then again, they were boys and since there was no shooting or anything involved, I guess it figures :P

my friends find it really funny that i play, when I'm sitting at one of the libraries at my uni, they just give me the ;) look about me doing my neopet dailies :evo: the fact that neopets has something for everyone allows people who are older to play as well, i don't understand why people think it;'s immature to play on neopets?

I started playing nine years ago, when I was 13. ^^ I took a three/four year hiatus, then came back and played like crazy for six months or so. My activity has waned since, but I still go on to do dailies and play a game or two, and I have some dream pets I'd love to make. It's a nice distraction from school stress.

my friends find it really funny that i play, when I'm sitting at one of the libraries at my uni, they just give me the ;) look about me doing my neopet dailies :evo: the fact that neopets has something for everyone allows people who are older to play as well, i don't understand why people think it;'s immature to play on neopets?

Probably because the idea of virtual pet sites in general seems juvenile to people of that age. Plus, Neo is closely affiliated with Nickelodeon, which is a kid's channel. I just play Neo on my laptop, in my room. I'm supposed to have three roommates, but I only have two, since my old one moved out, so I have an entire room to myself. I just chill here and play Neo, and nobody ever knows, except for whoever is tracking our Internet activity. :P

Anyway, I started playing when I was 10, about 7-8 years ago, but I got bored sometime after the first Meridell war and took a break for about two years. I returned under a new account to start fresh, and I stayed for quite awhile, probably until the Tale of Woe plot ended. Then, I left for another. . . two years, I think. We were doing a probability unit in my math class, which reminded me of Neo, so I started fresh again! But that only lasted a month or so. And now, I'm back under yet another new account, and I've been hooked for nearly a year now.

Probably because the idea of virtual pet sites in general seems juvenile to people of that age. Plus, Neo is closely affiliated with Nickelodeon, which is a kid's channel. I just play Neo on my laptop, in my room. I'm supposed to have three roommates, but I only have two, since my old one moved out, so I have an entire room to myself. I just chill here and play Neo, and nobody ever knows, except for whoever is tracking our Internet activity. :P

Anyway, I started playing when I was 10, about 7-8 years ago, but I got bored sometime after the first Meridell war and took a break for about two years. I returned under a new account to start fresh, and I stayed for quite awhile, probably until the Tale of Woe plot ended. Then, I left for another. . . two years, I think. We were doing a probability unit in my math class, which reminded me of Neo, so I started fresh again! But that only lasted a month or so. And now, I'm back under yet another new account, and I've been hooked for nearly a year now.

i love how people keep going on and off, but i think i like sticking to one account, my really old account is lost to me because i forgot the password and the email i used for it, so i came back a year ago and started playing again, but now the whole thing is waning...

I started playing in August 2006 with the account xsara123x. I stopped playing at the time of the Return of Dr. Sloth plot (February 2008).

I started playing again in December 2008 with a new account, my current main one. I discovered my old xsara123x account and now use it as a side account.

So I played for a year and a half, took a 10 month break/hiatu, and have been playing currently for a year and two months.

I've been on for about 7-8 years I think...although I didn't go on it for about 4 years at one point. I do get some interesting looks from my friends when I wander onto it now as I'm meant to have grown out of it!

I've been playing since july 2002.

The only break I took was because I didn't have internet for over a year when I moved to my mom.

Sometimes, I priorise Neopets higher in my things to do in my freetime. Sometimes it wears off to a lesser important spot. I still check it daily though - for the news and for my guild.

I've been playing since July 2006! I didn't get my first computer until that summer so I finally made my first neopets account "jackie_3_3_3" and been on every since ^^

I didn't really play a lot in the beginning...but after coming back, I've been on almost every single day! I think it was about a year ago that I didn't get on for months and came back only to send my pets at the neolodge.

All my friends knew I was (and still) a child at heart so they didn't make fun of me for having a neopets account :) Heck, my fiance even made one! =D we both have shields that say we love each other ^///^ His is a black shield though.

All my friends knew I was (and still) a child at heart so they didn't make fun of me for having a neopets account :) Heck, my fiance even made one! =D we both have shields that say we love each other ^///^ His is a black shield though.

I was 17 when I was introduced to Neopets. And there were two friends that told me to sign up. Both were male, and both were in their 20s. lol

And I hadn't been on my account in about a year, and I got marred mid-last year, and he was/is a big gamer. (I'm not) So he got me back onto my account, so we could have something to do game-wise, together.

When I first joined it was waaay back when and I was what, 11? I remember I had to lie about my birthday so I could access everything on the site. I recently started playing again, and found that it's a completely different game when you're older! Back then, I played the flash games and just collected neopoints because it made me feel rich, but now I'm playing the stock market and collecting petpets. :)