Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The server is currently being transferred, along with the updates being installed, so downtime of various aspects of the server will take quite a while. I would estimate it being finished in a couple of hours, though, since it started just under 12 hours ago. Also, some of the DCF mods have stated that TJ09 will take care of any dead eggs/hatchlings due to the downtime.

There will probably be most of the new features TJ09 has mentioned at http://dragcaveforum.technoized.com/index....showtopic=23587 .

Eggs and hatchlings may die since time is elapsing, even though eggs and hatchlings are not gaining the views and unique views essential to hatch. Because of TJ09's nice soul, he will probably revive them automatically.

The server has not yet transferred. TJ09 attempted to transfer last night and ran into some problems. He rolled us back to the old server, but for some reason the images were not updating correctly. At this point, we are probably still on the old server. TJ09 is expected to diagnose the problems within the next twenty-four hours, and hopefully get us onto the new one without any problems this time.

What he'll actually do when it transfers is a rollback. All dragons that are still growing (have timers on them) will be put back at the same time they were before the change. Almost like they're put on pause until it comes back up. If a dragon had grown up, hatched, been frozen, or been bred in whatever gap there is before the server went down and after the rollback point, they will still be adults/hatchlings/frozen/bred when it's back.

Wow, I can't wait till all those features are added!~Man, the AP kind of looking a little girly over there, with pinks, purples, whites o_O I got a split from the AP though: GNNR.gif I need another Split in the family =P

My 100th dragon matured while I was at school. Female. I named her Momo-Ryuu. Momo is how you say the Japanese kanji for hundred, and ryuu is dragon. Momo-Ryuu. Hundred Dragon.

http://japanese.about.com/library/blkod71.htm

I use this site. Hyaku is the on-reading, the Chinese one. Momo is the kun-reading, the Japanese one. I woulda gone either way- Hyaku-Ryuu was my choice if she was male. It translates to the same thing.

lol ok.. no problem the thing is that I sutdy japanese so I always use the hyaku one... and momo for me is peach :D lol

Edit: ahh I understand now... you are using kunyomi reading and thats okay because your puting it next to the dragon "kanji" so it will be okay to use the kunyomi reading :D

Transfer to new server-- Try #2:

Welcome to the new server. Let's see if it works this time.

Progress:

Transferring data Done

Importing Data Done

Testing Done

Spraying "New Car" smell...

You have absolutely got to love this.

EDIT: *squeal* UPDATES!!!