Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only reason I know for sure is beacuse I have my scroll organized by couple in male-female-male-female pattern, so I skimmed up and checked places where it got off. If I didn't find the right dragon, it was a simple matter of checking my breeding file and confirming the name and mate.

Because Anime is so organized like that. :O

I don't know if I'm missing any dragons. If I am, then it's obvious that I don't miss them. xD

I'd like to put up my egg for display, please. I'm really hoping it turns out female.

I wish I had been around for the new eggs to pop up, but now finding one's made out of cheese... It never would have lived under me. Heh heh. *evil grin*

NlpN.gif

Oh, I've just noticed the "please don't use Adblock" ads in Dragon Cave. Unfortunately, I find them cuter than the real ads.

Oh, I just noticed the teaser. That looks great, especially giving the red dragon an "incubate" function. I think I saw a thread in that area asking about giving dragons different abilities. It should be really cool seeing what pops out next. The status on how an egg is doing looks like a great indicator too. I have no clue how one feeds an egg, though...

P.S. I have a new egg. dKjj.gif Still hoping for a female Geode.

To answer Anime's question, the obvious parent/child and sibling pairings would be considered unacceptable inbreeding. I believe that you can go as far apart as first cousins for reproduction without any significant damage, with a 6.25 percent chance of identical genes to occur in the child. Probably, you'd want to go further to make sure, such as second or third cousins. Of course, dragons on Dragon Cave do not have genes or stats or anything that shows a detriment due to inbreeding, so if you're looking specifically at crunch rather than fluff, go right ahead and breed whoever you want. =P

Nah, that's about how I go with dragons. I was asking beacuse someone backed out of a trade when they noticed I had accidently bred some second cousins together in the 3rd gen of my Red Stripe Dorkface. I was right, they were overly picky.

EDIT: Updated the FAQ with some info about the new Dino, Cheese, Ochredrake and Pygmy breeding, and what the old Pinks are now called (Classic Pinks). Also fixed a few spelling errors.