Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, but its swap at your own risk, and its not an uncommon practice. Without it, it would take over a year to get a pair/frozen hatchling of every kind of dragon. (my eventual goal) And, its just too boring otherwise, I forget about them if you have to be so completely inactive with them. They don't monitor accounts like Neopets does, they just keep an eye out for proxies and cheats. And, it does have its risks, I did lose one of the black hatchies to a lag spike :( Its dad had a name with loin in it though.

f3AO.gifX10E.gifUR0L.gif iLgN.gifSQqi.gif I5es.gifsIkg.gif nkIA.gifj6As.gif bLvU.gifYrPv.gifWKiv.gifCsmW.gif tI5O.gifekel.gif3I3L.gifWpI4.gif SQHu.gifcE00.gifB2U3.gifGbDU.gif

ngui.gifaZAN.gif4YKt.gif09vm.gifThbU.gif9QSg.gifWKua.gifNHom.gifSnjj.gifZbPq.gifvgPG.gifNp6M.giftoKc.gifoj0k.gif

New egg. arOm.gif

Collecting eggs simply for the hatchling phase is really easy, but it's a pain waiting for them to gender after the freeze. I guess I'm not patient either way.

EDIT: Woo! Snack egg! MVTg.gif

EDIT #2: Double woo! I got a chicken egg! Sooo happy! I'm gonna name it after my husband and make it the hidden mastermind behind all my dragons. Mua ha ha! 6BQJ.gif

EDIT #3: One more! svIq.gif

I don't think frozen hatchies gender anymore. There has never been an offical announcement about it, but from what I've seen...

Actually, I've been freezing my hatchlings as soon as they emerge from the shell, and most of them have gendered. It just takes a couple of weeks. I just keep noticing around the forums that hatchlings must have a certain amount of views/unique views/clicks in order to gender, although they don't seem to agree on the numbers. Probably the requirements for frozen gendering has changed some?

Hm, no idea.

Anyways, finally got around to the raffle...

1st: Tivsy

2nd: Fardreamer

3rd: Super Squirrel

If the 3rd place winner will tell me what color DF Stripe they want, we'll get the eggs to you as soon as they consent to be born.

They were until I started looking. UR0L.gif This girl's lineage is so long it really does crash my browser. I found a couple white stripe ones with a nice short lineage, a 2nd and a 5th generation. I'll swap anyone a long lineage red for a short lineage or caveborn white. XD I think I have a green.

My blue and green are 4th or 5th gen, but they're inbred! Badly! So I stuck them on my scroll named "inbreds." Now they can forever have inbred babies.

First breed-specific action: Adult Pinks can now infulence the gender of unhatched eggs! This only work with the NEW Pinks, not the Classic. Eggs can only be influenced once. Pinks cannot influence again for... well, mine has untill Oct 11, 8 days... but it might vary.

EDIT: Cool updates.

Nuuuu! ;o; I don't know if this is new or old, but I just found out I can only freeze 10 hatchlings in a two week period! My hatchling army has been halted! I hope I don't have to wait long.

EDIT: OK, it's a brand spanking new rule. I think the reason given was that it was to keep the times equivalent whether or not the hatchling was to mature into an adult or not. I'm having a hard time interpreting things otherwise. Apparently, there are huge accusations of hoarding and people who freeze lots of hatchlings are looked down upon? People are also getting upset at folks who have 20 gold frozen hatchlings when they don't have any golds themselves. Is this really supposed to be an issue? It just seems like everyone's upset over something really small and they're using it to sling vitriol at each other. I think I'll look into raising a neglected dragon in the meantime. =P