TNT being Greedy

CAV of Gang Green

Think about it, people think there should be more room in Neopets so we can keep old stuff, and get more new content. However, we don't see this happening. Neopets has Primium and the NC Mall, which must bring them at least one thousand bucks. But they won't spend a dime to make extra room or give new stuff. What gives???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Neopets can run on 1000 $ only. We are peopably talking millions here *shrugs* I am not sure anyway so don't quote me.

If you mean 1000$ every 12 hours I am sure you are right. There is tons of money being spent on neopets by premium and NC users. That content I will admit the NC is being waaaay overdone at the moment, but that will also fund the growth and expansion of the neopets site and faculty.

They get rid of content that is not used or they feel doesn't add value to the site itself. If the neousers rarely use it then what is the point?

I do agree they do need to update more FREE site content and maybe get rid of some of the ads and banners... or at least make them less in your face and all over the page. I would have hoped the Premium and NC users would have provided enough Moola that they could tone that part down a bit.

They should really get rid of stupid ads and banners on there or at least get them smaller. They also seem like they have to spend more money and time on NC Mall and Users. They're also probably thinking a little much about things users use rarely as people might come back to all the parts where they rarely come. Neopets Premium I'm thinking no one has really heard of and I think they should rid Neopets Premium as the normal Neopets is enough. Plus on my old account where NC didn't exist, everything was fine then! But now that NC has come it's getting a little bit overloaded.

I don't think that Neopets can run on 1000 $ only. We are peopably talking millions here *shrugs* I am not sure anyway so don't quote me.

QUOTE!!! I thought it was a few thousand since they not a lot of money to use for the NC Mall.

What do you mean about old stuff? Anyway, they make new stuff everyday I think. I feel that they're doing a good job in that aspect as they have to draw so many items, draw how they look on Pets etc. 

I saw a topic about the Advent Calinder saying they should keep thier animations.

I saw that thread also and posted that they have a right to remove them as they'r only used ONCE. that's like keeping a video on your computer that you will watch once then NEVER EVER EVER watch again. id deleate the video so i could put other important things on my comp.

As for the neocash they are way over doing it, with everything they do haveing to have a nc mall counterpart it gets really old very quickly.

The 10x score thing was just a celebration for Neopets 10th birthday and they let it run until the end of December.

I don't think they're being greedy.. as for animations getting deleted; so what?

The NC Mall sucks, but they're a company so it is to be expected I guess. I'm happy enough that Neopets is still free (of course you can get Premium, but you don't HAVE to).

As for the neocash they are way over doing it, with everything they do haveing to have a nc mall counterpart it gets really old very quickly.

BINGO! You got the main point I was trying to make in this topic. Everything they do in Neopets end up leading to advertising for the NC Mall. The Altador Cup and Game Challenges all have NC Mall related challenges. One of their plots (Neopets Spotlight or something like that) just YELLED for you to spend money. NC Mall is taking over Neopets (I guess).

• 4 months later...

i agree. i do not think it's fair to be involving real money with a virtual world. i think that it's really unfair that the coolest pet customization items can only be bought via NC! :grrr:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't mind the NC mall, but it's seriously annoying to have it stuck in every where. GMC and Daily dare have it, the easter thing had it, the New Games Challeges all have it...it's tiresome.

I love that they find ways to make money, but I think the site would do better to upgrade free content instead of trying to offer more stuff to buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it too late to add to this topic? :guiltysmiley:

Well it needs to be said dangit! <_< They are getting greedy; think about it, when was the last time we had a proper meaningful plot? It's been years! Sure, Moltara was discovered and whatnot... but that was too easy and it mostly involved clicking a couple of times. Tarla was not even a plot - so far no conclusion to why she was touring or how she moved so fast, though answers may come yet.

When Altador plot was finished (at least, I think that was the one) the king said that their fate was nothing compared with 'what's to come'. What is it that came? No wars, no tough puzzles to dazzle and frazzle Neopians' minds... Sure, new stuff is coming out every day but it's mostly accessories and NC Mall stuff, right?... :(

I love Neopets, I just hope they sort their stuff out and throw us bigger bones already! :angry:

EDIT: I realise there are more sides to greed than just plots, but other people have also made good points so. -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you, hades! When I first got on a LONGG time ago, I had a blast with the space faerie plot, mystery island plot, and the wars! I mean, bring back the good ones!

Oh umm... I have to stay relevant, don't I?

I believe TNT is being greedy when it comes to only getting to do certain events by paying NC. *nods head*

Is it too late to add to this topic? :guiltysmiley:

Well it needs to be said dangit! <_< They are getting greedy; think about it, when was the last time we had a proper meaningful plot? It's been years! Sure, Moltara was discovered and whatnot... but that was too easy and it mostly involved clicking a couple of times. Tarla was not even a plot - so far no conclusion to why she was touring or how she moved so fast, though answers may come yet.

When Altador plot was finished (at least, I think that was the one) the king said that their fate was nothing compared with 'what's to come'. What is it that came? No wars, no tough puzzles to dazzle and frazzle Neopians' minds... Sure, new stuff is coming out every day but it's mostly accessories and NC Mall stuff, right?... :(

I love Neopets, I just hope they sort their stuff out and throw us bigger bones already! :angry:

EDIT: I realise there are more sides to greed than just plots, but other people have also made good points so. -_-

obviously you don't remember the sloth plot and the unbelievably hard puzzles that came with that?

Neopets isn't greedy. These people are at work, they don't just do neopets for fun. They feed their families and take care of themselves with the money collected from the NC Mall and advertisements. They are just following their own dreams and working their jobs. Plus about "giving us more", you have to realize that maybe their servers can't hold the stuff that YOU want. Then when you ask stuff for free, you're expecting people to work hard all day at programming to provide something new for you, with no pay raise at all.

I think neopets is just trying to survive in an economical manner. If you think it's "unfair" that all of the coolest things cost money, then their mission is accomplished. Why would they charge money on stuff you don't want? They'll charge you money on stuff that you do want, so that you'll buy it.

Honestly, I think that the problem lies with the users, as with most big sites accused of greediness. Members want to keep a nostalgic feeling about the site - they want to cling to what they're familiar with even if it's not of good quality. However, they still want MORE MORE MORE. They want more updates, more colors, more plots, more games, etc. They want to "have their cake and eat it too" and turn around complaining when the reality that they can't do that actually hits them. Without anything to place the blame on, they lash out at the staff because apparently the staff isn't living up to their expectations, when in fact reality itself can't live up to their expectations. The members THEMSELVES are being greedy in the fact that they want it all.

But that can't be helped, can it? Obviously not every member wants it all - some would trade anything to go back to the "golden days" when the site was ridden with bad art and glitches, while others would much rather stare a cold company in the face and buy their products. And, of course, there still lay the many who just quite frankly want it all with no compensation. However, as a whole, the userbase of Neopets is too polarized for anything to be executed well, much less perfectly. As a result, the staff is the group who looks bad, when they're trying their absolute hardest.

That's just the risk that they take though. They're not being greedy - they're surviving. It's evident that the staff members still largely enjoy their jobs because I can still see that fun childishness that I love about the site in all of the updates. But despite this quirkiness, you have to look at the fact that the staff is no longer a bunch of college students doing this for fun. Those days are gone and they'll never come back. People are living off of what Neopets pulls in, feeding their families and keeping roofs over their heads. While they're fun, they're willing to do just about anything that it takes to survive, and that does end up screwing the users over occasionally. Can we blame them? Absolutely not, because we'd do the same thing. People expect the staff to work as a well-oiled machine, but they're only human. They're doing a pretty good job of putting up that facade though, seeing as that's all that people consider them to be anymore.

Chu is my favorite newbie ever. Everything she said is spot-on.

It looks like some of you are just whining because some people get nice items by spending real money for them and you don't want to spend money, because you're cheap neopets should be freeee wahhhh.

I still think they're preparing something for us

and the NC mall? What's so bad? seriously have any of you gone to a place where NC cards are sold and did a worker show up and say BUY THIS!!!! BUY THIS!!!! While shoving an NC card in your face? no. And if it has happened, then I am never stepping into that store again.

And look at the AC for example, the NC challenge button is just there, it's not taking up half the page and saying you have to pay to participate or anything of that nature

it doesn't really cost money to make these events (well, except for web hosting, unless they're on their own server, anyway if they weren't it wouldn't cost much) so either we can say they're working on something atm, or their just not (except of course the AC which is going on)

It looks like some of you are just whining because some people get nice items by spending real money for them and you don't want to spend money, because you're cheap neopets should be freeee wahhhh.

Not that WE'RE CHEAP. Rather if you look, we're in a RESSESION. What's more important? FOOD for your family? Or a virtual item that will do nothing for you?

That's why I get NP items. So I don't have to bug my dad about using his credit card.

Not that WE'RE CHEAP. Rather if you look, we're in a RESSESION. What's more important? FOOD for your family? Or a virtual item that will do nothing for you?

That's why I get NP items. So I don't have to bug my dad about using his credit card.

What I think their point is, if you don't want to buy it, or can't afford it, why complain about it? I'm sure TNT knows not everyone can afford it, nor do they expect everyone that can, to buy it. It's a nice option for people who can afford it, and want to buy it. And it helps out the site with some extra funding. The ressesion affects companies too. Individuals aren't the only ones dealing with money issues.

What I think their point is, if you don't want to buy it, or can't afford it, why complain about it? I'm sure TNT knows not everyone can afford it, nor do they expect everyone that can, to buy it. It's a nice option for people who can afford it, and want to buy it. And it helps out the site with some extra funding. The ressesion affects companies too. Individuals aren't the only ones dealing with money issues.

Well-said, Spritzie. This is, after all, a company. It is not a small mom-and-pop website anymore; this thing is huge, and affiliated with a ton of companies that help keep Neopets free for us (yay!).

Unfortunately, it is kept free with sponsors' advertisements and banners on the page, but consider how many users have figured out how to use ad-blockers. There's even a tutorial on TDN about which ad-blocking programs are the best for Neo! :laughingsmiley: So think about how many of us aren't even seeing the ads. Pretty sure if the ads are blocked, they wouldn't generate revenue, right? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

And the NC Mall is there for those who have expendable income and want to spend it on customizing their pets. I'm sure no one has ever yelled "DANG YOU NEOPETTTSSSSSS!" at the sky while shaking their fist because they just realized they couldn't afford to feed their families this month because they spent all their money at the NC Mall. o_O It's really NOT likely, although I'm sure by now we've all heard of that lady on Dr. Phil who wouldn't make dinner for her children because she was addicted to playing FarmVille.

But that's Farmville, and not Neopets. :laughingsmiley: