HAMS

Tyler.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE Godmodding...I have a friend who did it forever and so I boycotted her for three weeks...she got mad, but it got my point across too, especially when I started Godmodding against her....

Um... what is godmodding?

Is it bad? I've never heard of the term.

It's very bad. To add more to JB's definition:

Godmodding is cheating in war. It's when you act like you are God himself, being able to summon anything, be undefeatable, have every power in the universe, and to kill and revive anyone when you please. Co would "destroy the universe", it's the first thing he did in the war. And he made clones that split in 2 when it was destroyed.

It's unfair and sucks the fun out of roleplaying, and it's punishable, by automatic loss, or removal from the RP/war/thread.

Yep. You really have to give people the option of whether they're hit or not for instance "Slices with a sword aiming for CAV's head" Is okay because he can avoid it or get hit as he chooses, but "Slices off CAV's head" Isn't okay because you're making all the choices -and in this case killing off someone else who may not want to leave. But Godmodding also includes being able to avoid any attack ever directed at you so for instance" Dodges almost all the bullets but get's nicked/shot in the leg/arm" Is fine but "Dodges all the machine gun bullets" is impossible and therefore Godmodding.

And if you are on the recieving end of the attack, you can't say you'll regrow a body part.

Say: "CAV's head is cut off from the robot's razor blade."

I can't say: "CAV grows his head back, and continues."

I would just have to sit there and wait to see if someone can re-stitch my head back before it's too late.

Ok. So who is Co? I hope I'm not godmodding anywhere.

You are not godmodding anywhere. Don't worry.

Co (his current username is Counting Co) is one of the content staff members. He's energetic, and has the very nasty habbit of godmodding and taking it too far.

lol, for some reason I laughed at that xD

Because you wanted war in the first place.

Oh good. *sighs*

Hopefully Co will not reap his revenge over at the HAMS RP.

He has had nothing to do with HAMS since. He won't bug us. Remember, he's contact staff. He's got more important things to do.