Kelp Help????

leashluvsluke

I have spent an absolute bundle eating at kelp trying to get the avatar. How many goes has it taken everyone else?? I have tried going there while my pet is "very bloated" but she still eats everything! (little piggy :))

I've heard of people who have had to spend almost a million Neopoints to get that avatar. It's probably better to visit Kelp on a regular, sustainable basis instead of going for the avatar all at once. :yes: See the post below for some serious advice.

*pokes Theo* Actually, its better if you can sit down with x amount of NP and say you're not stopping until you get the avatar ;) Your pet gets more likely to take home leftovers the fuller it gets so eating over and over does seem to work.

I spent about a million going once every so often, then eventually sat down and didn't stop until I got it... nearly 500k that time haha Its an expensive avatar, though not as expensive as the Lever of Doom was for me xD

I tried for the avvy once but didnt get any leftovers. Gonna try again when I finish saving up for a Halloween PB.

*pokes Theo* Actually, its better if you can sit down with x amount of NP and say you're not stopping until you get the avatar ;) Your pet gets more likely to take home leftovers the fuller it gets so eating over and over does seem to work.

I spent about a million going once every so often, then eventually sat down and didn't stop until I got it... nearly 500k that time haha Its an expensive avatar, though not as expensive as the Lever of Doom was for me xD

Ah - forgive my avatar hunting inexperience. xD Don't you just hate the luck-based avatars?

You just read my mind Theo, never had any luck in these types of avvies, guess that you just have to try again and again in the end...

I agree with Izzy. It works much better if you just sit down and keep trying until you get it. It works just fine to only order one item from the menu. I got my avatar repeatedly ordering the same cocktail.

Ah - forgive my avatar hunting inexperience. xD Don't you just hate the luck-based avatars?

I think it's safe to say everyone hates luck based avatars. I think this belongs in Neopets Help.

I tried numerous times, spending a total of over 2 million NP trying to get the avatar (I bought the cheapest thing from each of the menus for a total of 4 items every time), but I was always using IE (yes I'm living in the past). I read somewhere that more people got it while using firefox. My FIRST attempt with firefox, I got it. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but I am now a die-hard FF user. Good luck :)

It took me only one go.

Before I went to kelp, I went to see the healing springs.

They made my pet bloated.

Maybe this can also be a good idea:

Get yourself a grarrl and eat something really heavy. (you can see how heavy something is by clicking on an item in your inventory)

It will make your pet's status instantly very bloated. If your hunger status has something to do with whether or not you get a doggy bag with you, this may just be the trick ;)