Neopet Premium

zhao

what exchange rate are you referring to? they charge you more or something?

She's talking about converting your local currency to US dollars (USD). The value of various countries' currencies are usually different from each other. The exchange rate is the difference between your monetary unit and the one you're buying. For example, I live in Canada, and the current value of the Canadian dollar (CND) is $0.92 USD. So, if I wanted to buy one American dollar, it would cost me $1.08 CND.

A month of Neopets Premium, at the current value of $7.99 USD would cost me $8.63 CND (plus credit card fees for exchanging my money). That doesn't seem too bad to me. If the exchange rate, for me, was still 65 cents on the dollar, like it was a few years ago, I'd be shelling out $10.79 per month for Premium! No thank you.

As for my opinion of Neopets Premium, I really wanted Premium, very badly, for about two years, but I never got it. It was the Super Shop Wizard that was the biggest draw for me. I was also kind of curious about the Charter boards.

Right now, I'm not feeling very inclined to get Premium. At this time, I'm disgruntled enough with Neopets that I don't think Viacom deserves my money. I don't plan to stop playing, but, if they want my money, they have to improve the security and the functionality of the site, and they have to start taking responsibility for their flaws. I'm tired of them not acknowledging that there are on-site CGers. I'm disappointed by the AotA plots and the way they've chosen to handle trophy/prizes distribution. I'm sick of them ignoring user concerns and suggestions. I hope that things improve a bit, because I spend so much time on Neopets that I think that Premium makes sense for me, but I'm putting that plan on hold for now.

Of course you should get it!!! its really awesome you could get really good items from the space faerie scratch cards!! just get it its so worth it!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep all off-topic images/links in your forum signature which can be changed here

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I just signed up.. I dont think i like it that much.. there's really nothing to do on it now that I registerd haha and it looks kind of messy.. And i forgot I'm not allowed to search for paintbrush/map piece etc with the super shop wizard, but that's normally basically what i search for -_-

I rather like it. I admit the biggest perk is the SSW but I guess if you don't play much or don't have a need for SSW it might not be worth the cost. The space scratchcards are nice, as are the SHH events.. overall a nice addition for an active player.

To give credit I didn't know it existed until now...but I work on the principle of never paying for my internet sites! Plus the UK pound is remarkably weak atm so it would cost me a fortune!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been premium for over a year now, and I can't imagine going back to normal everyday neo. I even put premium on all my side accounts so I never have to see the cruddy ads. The SSW is amazing for shop sniping, and you get SSH (portal random events) that often give out pretty rare items sometimes. There is also the cool sidebar theme and avatar you get from referring people.

There are many plus sides to having premium.

• 1 month later...

Of course you should get it!!! its really awesome you could get really good items from the space faerie scratch cards!! just get it its so worth it!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep all off-topic images/links in your forum signature which can be changed here

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You get good items from the scratchcards?? I have ALWAYS only gotten the money bags, usually only holding 250 neopoints! Do you have any good strategies as to how to get items??

No, you're paying money for a few extra bonuses? Viacom is also screwing everything up in the world. They're making you pay for most of all clothing in the NC Mall, why pay more, or anything at all? Don't give Viacom any money...

No, you're paying money for a few extra bonuses? Viacom is also screwing everything up in the world. They're making you pay for most of all clothing in the NC Mall, why pay more, or anything at all? Don't give Viacom any money...

Would you rather see Viacom go bankrupt and shut down Neo?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on threads that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.