New Twilight Filters for the Neoboards

Shane for Wax

I despise Twilight, but it seems ridiculous to put up all those filters just for that. Besides, just like all their other ridiculous filters, they fail with this one too, since it blocks words and names that could have absolutely nothing to do with Twilight, like the word twilight itself, eclipse, Edward, Jacob, etc.

I despise Twilight, but it seems ridiculous to put up all those filters just for that. Besides, just like all their other ridiculous filters, they fail with this one too, since it blocks words and names that could have absolutely nothing to do with Twilight, like the word twilight itself, eclipse, Edward, Jacob, etc.

When's the last time you saw someone use the word twilight or eclipse on the neopets boards and not be mentioning the book series? And yeah, it might suck for the people who's actual names have been filtered, but I know I rarely use my real name on the boards, nor do I look at other's names, I just go by usernames.

The boards have been flooded with Twilight posts recently, from people who went to see the new movie and now want to talk about it, so I think it's hilarious that they put in this new filter. I'm sure it's not permanent, but hopefully it'll help keep the craziness down.

Alright, I really don't mean to spoil all your guys fun, I hate Twilight too but, I'm going to say why I don't like this filter from the point of view of someone who would use some of the listed words for a purpose other than to describe twilight; somebody who RPs on the boards, and I am going to say it even if it doesn't change anything.

I think the filters to the words like "Twilight" and "Eclipse" and "Vampires" is stupid because there are people who might use those words in a RP post, and, to be honest, if I used one of them in a post, and It got filtered, thus making my post look dumb, I'd be a bit ticked to say the least.

As much as I hate Twilight, and as much as some of the filtered words amuse me, I think it was a stupid decision on TNT's part to put filters on some of the words.

TL;DR: I don't agree with this filter at all.

im glad TNT put up those filters. im so sick of hearing about twilight! its everywhere omg EVERYWHERE! all over the stores and movies just everywhere, shoes, necklaces etc.

twilight is a fad, why i have no idea it will go away eventually. i understand likeing the books but going insane as to buy all the bags and posters and whatever. im not a huge twilight fan nor a small one but i did see the first movie which wasnt that bad but SPARKLING VAMPIRES?! arent vampires supposed to bake in the sunlight NOT sparkle!

the only reason girls are all over this dang movie is because it has boys in it. i mean i prefer robert pattenson in Harry Potter. the roll fit him so much better than a sparky vampire.

what happened to the "scary vampires" huh? like Nosforactu etc. and those semi scary cheesy werewolf movies we all came to know and love?

you know i read less than half of the first twilight book and found it boring so i put it down lol. the twilight book has been around for a long time and people are just now finding it?! lame!

Like what most other people have said, this is a pretty good idea. I can't go a day without hearing about twilight where ever I go and its quite annoying. I don't get what's so cool about the series

you know i read less than half of the first twilight book and found it boring so i put it down lol. the twilight book has been around for a long time and people are just now finding it?! lame!

What you said is totaly true

I just wanted to say that the "I hate Twilight" mania isn't a much better than the "I love Twilight" mania. I mean, for every person who is obsessed with the series, I can find someone who hates it. And whats REALLY bad, is that so many of people on both sides (the "i hate" and the "i love" sides) have never even read the books. I'm not trying to make generalizations about the people here on the forum, but I'm just saying that it's hard to hate or love a series of novels without reading them. For example, I've seen the first two movies, and they were okay. Not the best I've ever seen, but decent. However, I haven't read any of the books. So I pretty much stay neutral on the issue.

That being said, while I hope the filters aren't permanent, I think that they are probably a good thing on a temporary basis, until all teh excitement from New Moon dies down. Regardless of what you think about the series, the NeoBoards were meant for NEOPETS related topics, and I think they should stay that way. There are plenty of other places to chat about other topics. :yes:

ahahahaha <3 this so much. Im 15 and I saw the first movie (couldnt read the books got bored in like, the first chapter) and i mean it was okay...

my english teacher rants about how poorly written it is lol x)

and my mom <3s the series... which is sad..

yay TNT!! im very greatful for this ;]